Hillsboro Hype (1 Viewer)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Rapid Buccarest won the European cup in 1986. The year that Everton were known to have a great chance to win it.....but we were not allowed to compete, because of the ban, from Heysel.

- - - Updated - - -

They also had a banner with a Helicopter on it, when they played Chelsea, Matthew Harding. died in a Helicopter accident.
oh right thanks :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Btw, I watched the ESPN 30-for-30 documentary Hillsborough. Decent, but not excellent, as a documentary.

I still think there are some cultural things I missed, however. Evidence tampering and cover-up by police administration and government? Absolutely. Too quick to blame the fans as drunken, violent louts, yes.

But objecting to their cause of death being "accidental" is a grey area to me. Perhaps the legal definition is different in the UK. There were probably people in authority who were guilty of gross negligence and incompetence at their jobs. But that's not the same as murder. That's not the same as suggesting the cops or their administration were fans of Nottingham Forest and intentionally wanted to see Liverpool fans die.

The main author in the documentary focused his outrage on the investigation, and reporting, of the victim's blood-alcohol levels and police records as evidence of presumed guilt. The questioning could certainly be skewed, but as an outsider I think those are still questions worth asking. Not asking them leaves more questions. Because there's just as much of a possibility that the results could exonerate the fans as well as suggest their guilt, presuming they were not tampered with. The documentary failed to draw any conclusions from that data either way, which is a loss for truth.

But I guess the most tragic part of all seemed the cover-up efforts to spare a few administration jobs -- combined with a Captain-Ahab-like obsession of the victims' families to seek "justice" when nothing would bring their loved ones back, when not all disasters are the result of sinister and intentional malice, and that major accidents and incompetencies always have happened and will happen again without malicious intent and a convenient villain to pin all the blame on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)