Hernanes (3 Viewers)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Even after a Pogba sale, I see someone like Hernanes or Pereyra holding us back from buying a new midfielder. Given the quota, we would want to make sure we have space as the end of the transfer window approaches. For all we know, Hernanes and/or Pereyra may actually be the ones stalling the Pogba deal. Hernanes is getting paid very well 3.5m per year NET. He may struggle to get that wage elsewhere in Europe. I suspect that is the problem. He doesn't want to go to China and I doubt someone like Leverkusen wants to pay that salary. Its not about the transfer fee as I think the buyer and us would accept around 6-8m. Its his wages which is the problem.

Pereyra would be another issue. His wages are not that inflated but I think we want close to 18m for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Even after a Pogba sale, I see someone like Hernanes or Pereyra holding us back from buying a new midfielder. Given the quota, we would want to make sure we have space as the end of the transfer window approaches. For all we know, Hernanes and/or Pereyra may actually be the ones stalling the Pogba deal. Hernanes is getting paid very well 3.5m per year NET. He may struggle to get that wage elsewhere in Europe. I suspect that is the problem. He doesn't want to go to China and I doubt someone like Leverkusen wants to pay that salary. Its not about the transfer fee as I think the buyer and us would accept around 6-8m. Its his wages which is the problem.

Pereyra would be another issue. His wages are not that inflated but I think we want close to 18m for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Also to put Hernanes' cost into perspective here. Pjanic is costing us 15.5m a year (32m over 5 years + 9m gross salary). Hernanes is costing us 11m (12m over 3 years + 7m gross salary). Clearly, Hernanes is costing us too much for a player who is only to be used sparingly.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
If he stays he gets good wages and gets to be on a top club. He knows with Marchisio out he might have an opportunity to play so why would he want to leave? I wish he would leave too but I would do the same thing if I were him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's obviously the #1 CM we need to get rid of. After that the club seems to be looking at one from Lemina, Sturaro, Pereyra or Asamoah. Hopefully not the former.

Qwisto

Oct 5, 2010
Hasn't been that bad and we might need him for the start of the campaign, let him stay unless we get in two more reinforcements for the midfield.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
True! How do you see Marchisio's and Matic' roles if they were to play together? Marchisio as box-to-box?
Whilst Marchisio is out we should play 352 with Pjanic Matic Khedira with matic as DM. When Marchisio comes back we should play 4312 with Marchisio box to box and pjannic as number 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)