Hernanes (4 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Expected Hernanes to not play well today. It came as no surprise because he just returned from an injury and isn't fully match-fit yet. He had to start because we had no other option. With the exception of Khedira vs Sevilla, I don't remember the last time a match-unfit player playing his first game back as a starter playing well. Complete knee-jerk reaction to evaluate Hernanes as a regista based on just this game.

He's more than good enough as the 3rd-choice regista. Was decent in every other game besides the Napoli one playing that role. Yes, a better team than Samp could've cause him more trouble, but a fully fit Hernanes did fine vs City, a better team than Samp, as regista.

Don't get the popular "Hernanes should never have been bought, it was a panic buy" opinion either. Yes, it was a panic buy because it was a last-minute buy and we paid 11m (+ up to 2m in bonuses I think) for him, but it was a necessary buy. Would you rather have Hernanes or Padoin playing as a regista? He started 5 games in total as a regista in all competitions. Do you think we would be only 2 points behind Napoli now if we didn't have Hernanes and had to witness more of Padoin, the regista?

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
He did well for my surprise but our play style change a lot with him in the pitch. Our defence keep more in the back, Chiellini carry too much the ball, Pobga need to cover more field, Hernanes is more moving Back&Forward (no from side to side)... but in general, it was good

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He was atrocious in the first half. Improved in the second with some nice long range passes and should have had an assist to his name, were it not for Morata's woeful finishing.

Problem is he is so fucking slow and unathletic, teams who play lightning-fast counter attacking football will rape us if he is playing regista for us.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I don't like how he misplace passes and tackles way to often. But there's no denying his technique on the ball.

He could've had an assist that the forum talk about for days if Morata decided to end his drought.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I thought it was his best game for Juve by a long shot. He actually passed the ball around nicely (something I didn't think he was all that capable of) and most importantly he absorbed the pressure Samp put on in the second half and managed to get the ball away. That was what made him so abominable in the first half of the season, he would falter under any pressure.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
As usual, every mistake from hernanes will be overlooked.

Yes he made some mistakes. And we can not say he had great performance today. But not as bad as people talk about him. He also created one great chance for morata

And we should remember that he has just recovered from injury. Vs sampdoria was his first game as starter after injury.

We can not expect that he can do what world class regista did. But we can expect good performance like city or sevilla.
This guy is the worst thing ever happened to this forum.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I don't like Hernanes and hope he leaves ASAP. But Allegri is right, the criticism is just ridiculous. It's the mob mentality around here. He had a pretty decent game. Apart from a few give aways (which Pirlo used to do all the time), he had some important passes and did well enough at distributing the ball.
This. :tup: I'm not a fan of Hernanes either but it wasn't a bad game from him.

He was atrocious in the first half.
Not really, first 25-30min he was good, better than Khedira.

I thought it was his best game for Juve by a long shot. He actually passed the ball around nicely (something I didn't think he was all that capable of) and most importantly he absorbed the pressure Samp put on in the second half and managed to get the ball away. That was what made him so abominable in the first half of the season, he would falter under any pressure.
Yeah, much better in possession, unlucky with the shots, defensively he's still a weak spot unfortunately as he gave away some free kicks near the box in the 2nd half, there were some situations where he didn't follow his man as well.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
He was again deployed outside his natural position. Can't blame him if he didn't fill Marchisio's role properly. He had a few incredible passes tho

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I thought he did fine.

Overplayed a couple of times and got caught on the ball, but he's an attacking player and hasn't played in ages, so I don't think you can be particularly critical of him for that.

He was in the rather awkward position of always having the danger behind him. His primary job was to stop the ball going into Cassano's feet and he focused on that and did it pretty well in the first half. After about 30 mins, Cassano spent a lot of time wide precisely because he couldn't get the ball in the middle. That meant Cassano was playing Chiellini instead of floating between Bonucci and Hernanes and that suited Juve just fine.

I would have brought Padoin or Sturaro on for Hernanes with about 15 mins to go. Hernanes was tiring by then and Samp were throwing fresh players on and putting pressure on his are of the pitch.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
His passes were okaish.. but misplaced a little too many for my liking.
He doesnt cover much terrain...and his tackles are unpolished and wonkily aggresive at times, but this is a typical trait of players that are not trained in the defensive arts.

The problem is that he is playing a defensive position which he is not suited for. He cant defend and tackle. Suposedly he said he can play there...but i dont think he cuts it.

He would be much better playing in the hole as AM...but he is not inform to do that, and also we are no using 4312 from the time being...even less to accomodate him. Its a shame because he has a really powerful middle/long range shot, bu as regista he never shoots.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I thought he did fine.

Overplayed a couple of times and got caught on the ball, but he's an attacking player and hasn't played in ages, so I don't think you can be particularly critical of him for that.

He was in the rather awkward position of always having the danger behind him. His primary job was to stop the ball going into Cassano's feet and he focused on that and did it pretty well in the first half. After about 30 mins, Cassano spent a lot of time wide precisely because he couldn't get the ball in the middle. That meant Cassano was playing Chiellini instead of floating between Bonucci and Hernanes and that suited Juve just fine.

I would have brought Padoin or Sturaro on for Hernanes with about 15 mins to go. Hernanes was tiring by then and Samp were throwing fresh players on and putting pressure on his are of the pitch.
He was out of position consistantly and when samp scored, he got runneth over.

He's not good enough

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He's not good enough to play regista definitely.
I'd still prefer him there than as trequartista.

Sure, he's more of a defensive liability in that position, but I think he can pick out good long range passes and he has pretty good short range passing as well. But from this point on, he's definitely just a sub for our much more talented midfielders.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'd still prefer him there than as trequartista.

Sure, he's more of a defensive liability in that position, but I think he can pick out good long range passes and he has pretty good short range passing as well. But from this point on, he's definitely just a sub for our much more talented midfielders.
Currently we have one of the cm's, mostly pogby, switching position with a forward. Works quite well cause its difficult to defend and adds unpredictability. With Hernanes, you can pretty much end this.

If he plays at defensive cm, players around are aware and willtry to compensate, its ruining our game a bit less.

We should sell him this afternoon imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)