Hernanes (37 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I dunno. I liked him and thought he was one of our better players. He's one of the few players today that even bothered to test the opposing goalkeeper.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Your 'analogy' above is so mind bogglingly stupid that I'd feel dumb by merely explaining why
You don't need to explain why because you don't have a point worth explaining.

Most of the team played poorly today but yet, its because we signed a player that couldn't break into the starting 11 at Inter. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno. I liked him and thought he was one of our better players. He's one of the few players today that even bothered to test the opposing goalkeeper.
Exactly. 2 great shots and 1 well taken free kick. :tup:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
At least he looks like he can fucking control a football and pass it around the pitch. Gee, we have players who can't even do that. So if we set our bar this low as a club, hell yeah, Hernanes passes the test.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
1600 out of 3400 possible league minutes. Yes, bench player.
Right.

He was a starter for the first 3 months of the season until his knee injury, then he missed about a month of games, and then was a bench player while recovering his form before becoming an undisputed starter again for the last 9-10 games or so while Inter chased a European spot. He also started 8 of the 10 Europa League matches he was healthy for.

Not a bench player at all.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Right.

He was a starter for the first 3 months of the season until his knee injury, then he missed about a month of games, and then was a bench player while recovering his form before becoming an undisputed starter again for the last 9-10 games or so while Inter chased a European spot. He also started 8 of the 10 Europa League matches he was healthy for.

Not a bench player at all.
So we didn't buy from Inter's trashcan but from ther hospital? Yuhee

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You sound like Badass. It's not a good thing.

By no means am I happy with the Hernanes signing, but it's the signing we made so it's time to deal with it and to actually see what he has to offer for our team. And yes, he does have something to offer. He was decent today, and offered a good goalscoring threat.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Can't help but completey agree with @Osman's and some other guy's analyses when he joined us. Some great individual actions (mostly shots, some dribbles), but not really that great a passer and a bit of a ball hog.

Of course, our attack is at least 75%-100% new, so I reserve final judgements until they've got a bit of experience playing together.
I didnt mind him tonight, he is not a solution to us as an AM or overall marquee addition (the usual not knowing when to pass ballhog, not rapid enough transitions), but besides Pereyra's post shot he was the only one who testing the goalie for real with 3 attempts from outside (Pogba besides the decisive golazos is very erratic shooter who rarely finds space to shoot, and when he does, it doesnt test goalies enough). Was useful attemps compared aimless crosses or messy passing to nowhere. Besides Pereyra in overall, I liked him more then most the others tonight (besides Caudrado's bizzarely unorthodox style that created momentum). As first 90 minutes it wasnt bad IMO, especially since his role and the teams role was weird. He might get more room to manuevere as CM in 4-3-3 btw, considering he seemed bit too slow for in the hole, and having Cuadrado or others going wide created bit space for him to shoot.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The problem is that we saw the best Hernanes today. That's it. Good dribbling, good shooting, but slow on the ball, questionable decision making, and doesn't move without the ball
That's why he's probably better suited further back nowadays. As a trequartista for us, he would have to be moving all over the pitch and off the ball, so it will not work anything like it did under Vidal and Nedved. I think this is another reason to play 4-3-3.

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt mind him tonight, he is not a solution to us as an AM or overall marquee addition (the usual not knowing when to pass ballhog, not rapid enough transitions), but besides Pereyra's post shot he was the only one who testing the goalie for real with 3 attempts from outside (Pogba besides the decisive golazos is very erratic shooter who rarely finds space to shoot, and when he does, it doesnt test goalies enough). Was useful attemps compared aimless crosses or messy passing to nowhere. Besides Pereyra in overall, I liked him more then most the others tonight (besides Caudrado's bizzarely unorthodox style that created momentum). As first 90 minutes it wasnt bad IMO, especially since his role and the teams role was weird. He might get more room to manuevere as CM in 4-3-3 btw, considering he seemed bit too slow for in the hole, and having Cuadrado or others going wide created bit space for him to shoot.
Yep, I agree.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
He has played only 1 game for us and almost everybody is making a conclusion for his overall abilities... WTF

Pogba was dismal for his first three league games. Should we sent him for free next season?

It's obvious that the team needs to work on teamwork and that some players are out of form. Let's hope that we won't miss out too many points while the team is adjusting and players like Pogba, Morata and Marchisio are regaining their form.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
:tup: he was one of our best players today only Cuadrado and maybe Sandro impressed me more.
ah yes 2 great shots... I bet we will be talking about those great shots till the end of time... bit like that youth player who made his debut and almost scored for us that time
Please don't be idiotic and so small minded. He was clearly one of our better players and would of done a lot better had the team been in better form. He seemed like one of the few out there who had a level head on him. It was inevitable that he would be harshly criticised today if the result did not go our way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)