Help! Damn Facebook & Myspace (1 Viewer)

OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #22
    Call them into your office one by one and issue them a final warning, make it sound as serious as you can, type it out or put it on record or whatever and state that they are acting against the company's rules and regulations. So if you catch them again, well they've been warned....
    You cant issue final warnings immediately.Its a whole process,verbal warning,1st written warning,2nd written warning 7 then final warning.:sergio:

Why did you have to say that? :D
    As if you wouldnt start some joke about that.:D

hai bho blame apartheid :D

:lol: err what?
    I work for my sis who works for my pops and they always throwing kak my way cos I'm black, I need somfin on the media side if you got connections hook a brotha up but I wont be able to start this year I'm kak tired and I need som' rest so next year feb will do
    Typical lazy darkie.:disagree:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Ok well I would. :D

On the other hand, you should talk to them. Tell them that you're aware of their problems so you won't fire them. But tell them if they keep using it that you'll have no choice. If they are that stupid they will keep using it.

If they don't really care fire them and give me that job.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    You cant issue final warnings immediately.Its a whole process,verbal warning,1st written warning,2nd written warning 7 then final warning.:sergio:
    Sorry I'm not doing employment law yet, but why don't you just start on that procedure? At least your taking the right action then.

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #26
    Sorry I'm not doing employment law yet, but why don't you just start on that procedure? At least your taking the right action then.
    As i said in my other post,the main problem would be finding new staff,screening them,training them & having to deal with the festive season which is the worst.Most companies will expect most of the projects to be completed before the 20th of december.

@Dusan you would be doing the same thing as them but you would be on juventuz.com 24/7 & leave breadcrumbs all over the keyboard.:sergio:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    icεmαή;2217963 said:
    The problem is that you can't block proxy sites by URL. You block one, another one pops up. You'd need a specific content blocker installed or the firewall he has currently should support the same.
    Deep packet inspection? That's a big project, man.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    @Dusan you would be doing the same thing as them but you would be on juventuz.com 24/7 & leave breadcrumbs all over the keyboard.:sergio:
    I was not joking with the first part, if they are smart enough they will stop. They can't cry if you fire them later.

I wouldn't. :p If I like the job and if it's a decent money I wouldn't gamble it...but of course, I'd have to change the keyboard every week because of the breadcrumbs.

Jan 30, 2009
    Typical lazy darkie.:disagree:
    dude I'm exhausted I've worked for two years straight without leave Ek is moeg(Im used to closing 4 terms and knocking off at 2, gudoldays growing up is a drag). And plus before work I've to collected people who are scatted in the East Rand and drop them off in alex,wynburg,sandton,rivonia,sunnyside and bryanston and do that shite again after work.

I'm getting the paper but eish its not worth it, I'l prolly go to school next year as soon as I figure out what I want to do, Cos driving a cab for my gogo and working for the timer, is kak bro

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    Do they know whos the boss in the office? I have had this experience myself that the boss is working in another room alone, and many people use their working time watching youtube and myspace etc etc. From what i have heard, and i guess it can be done, is that the IT department can create special log in accounts, where you have access only on certain sites. But that wont work for you at this time, since your IT guy is gone.

But tell me, are you in the same room with them? I am pretty certain if you would be, they would be more productive. But never the less, i find your situation quite retarded, especially if those people have kids at home. They should be happy they actually have work to do and get paid.

Giving out a serious warning or making a meeting like someone said before, is not very good idea, because it will cause tension, and you could be in a "they" against "you" situation.

Never the less, if you say your clients have problems, do your workers know about the deadlines? To me it sounds if they dont know really.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    dude I'm exhausted I've worked for two years straight without leave Ek is moeg(Im used to closing 4 terms and knocking off at 2, gudoldays growing up is a drag). And plus before work I've to collected people who are scatted in the East Rand and drop them off in alex,wynburg,sandton,rivonia,sunnyside and bryanston and do that shite again after work.

I'm getting the paper but eish its not worth it, I'l prolly go to school next year as soon as I figure out what I want to do, Cos driving a cab for my gogo and working for the timer, is kak bro
    English, man, ENGLISH!

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    Byrone, another idea (again on my experience) is that you hire someone who is responsible of office productivity (if you dont have time yourself). I am not saying his a big boss or smth, but someone who takes responsibility. And when things dont work, he is getting the blame and eventually has to fix things.

Also, do you do appraisal meetings for your workers? You should do those things regularly.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Hire someone that's your friend and let him settle there for one month. They get all friendly and so he starts using facebook as well. Then you come out and fire him in front all of them.

He gets his :money: while you're still friends and you keep your scared workers.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    Hire someone that's your friend and let him settle there for one month. They get all friendly and so he starts using facebook as well. Then you come out and fire him in front all of them.

He gets his :money: while you're still friends and you keep your scared workers.
    That friend must be jobless then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)