Help! Damn Facebook & Myspace (2 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
What if the co-workers discover the trick?
Chances are small. He doesn't have to be his neighbor.

He stats how he lacks one place, they apply, he gets the job. After some small period of time after his idiotic behavior he gets yelled on and dang. After that he gives everyone else a warning and leaves it.

I don't think they can riot or something because you don't know if he's that crazy and hey, you're losing the job, not me.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Chances are small. He doesn't have to be his neighbor.

He stats how he lacks one place, they apply, he gets the job. After some small period of time after his idiotic behavior he gets yelled on and dang. After that he gives everyone else a warning and leaves it.

I don't think they can riot or something because you don't know if he's that crazy and hey, you're losing the job, not me.
But if those workers have worked there for years? They dont care. There was a new guy in a company where i worked, who was fooling around and joking and hardly contributed. Then he started to get "sick" every now and then. He was still pretty new compared to some, eventually what happened was, that he got fired one morning (not 30 days bf or something). But that didnt make the office productive. Heck, most of the office was talking next 2 weeks about this incident :D.

Also, the workers have their rights, and Byrone doesnt want to fire anyone.

I stand corrected, best option, do it yourself or hire someone who is like a pain in their ass, checking that they are always working. It will work.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
most of the office was talking next 2 weeks about this incident :D.

Also, the workers have their rights, and Byrone doesnt want to fire anyone.

I stand corrected, best option, do it yourself or hire someone who is like a pain in their ass, checking that they are always working. It will work.
Haha

Dunno but I think this could work.

It's easy to hire some supervisor but it just costs you extra and job has been done before they started using it. Maybe just tell them that they are going to be monitored.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Byrone, it would be good if you would have stats backing you. You could make a meeting, i am sure your company also has some less lazy workers. So you make a meeting, gather everyone together, and show them stats about the productivity in the office. In that case your not personally insulting anyone.

But i still say you should hire or preferment one of the workers who is responsible, (you dont have to pay him 5x more then others, just a little bit more, not much). But in that case he makes sure things are done. Then you make special meetings with him, discuss what is going on monthly in the office, who is doing what (if you dont have time to check yourself).

Another thing is so called productive paying. Pay for the work. I dont know how you can prove that, but if you can it will be good. In that case your workers get paid for every working hour, if you are already aware of their other actions like Facebook, then on the next pay day, lower their salaries, and if they start shouting, show them those stats. You have the right. (And if you think they have kids at home, what ever, 1-2 months less paid is not a huge problem, they probably also have husbands).

The overall idea is not to punish or create hate in the office, but give out a message. Be productive and you get paid.

In fact if you bring the productive policy in to your company, chances are your company will be more productive, cause every worker wants to show his the best (and eventually wants to get paid most).

The q really is, do all your workers get paid same amount?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Deep packet inspection? That's a big project, man.
Not really, you have softwares which can do it out of the box. Install and you are ready to go. Smoothwall Guardian is an example. There are open source firewalls which do the same too, my company uses one of them as a secondary option, I don't remember the name though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)