Heinze (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't understand the infatuation with Metzelder around here. They guy is quite average, only good thing about getting him, similar to the grygera deal, is that he is for free.
Metzelder is not average. An average player would be something like a Materazzi minus the racism. Christophe would be a far better option at the back than Boumsong and the current Kovac, that's for sure.

Quality wise he doesn't even come close to Heinze.
But this is pretty much true. Heinze is a great tackler and has very good positional sense. He's probably the best defender we could possibly get right now... he's just short of world class in my opinion and he still has a couple prime years left in him.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i will agree that Materazzi's displays have improved alot but hes not even close to world class.Imo he just has a good cover around him and its limiting the exposure he gets to attacks.

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Juve plan Heinze bid Monday 5 February, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus are ready to make a £5.7m bid for Manchester United stopper Gabriel Heinze, according to the latest reports.

The Bianconeri are searching for new defenders as they look to strengthen their squad in view of a likely return to Serie A and have eyed the 28-year-old.

The player, who landed in England in 2004 after three seasons with Paris Saint Germain, was paired with a move to Turin over the last few weeks as he has been struggling for a regular spot in the Red Devils’ starting line-up.

The News of the World reported that the Old Lady is ready to make a £5.7m offer to convince the Premiership outfit to let Heinze leave, as the Bianconeri need young blood for their ailing defensive department.

“Gabriel knows that Didier Deschamps (pictured) likes him and it would be a dream for him to play with Juventus,” said a source close to the Argentine, also a reported target for Milan and Paris SG.

“Things at Manchester are not going well and I am sure that a move would do him good.”

Juve Coach Deschamps is known to be a big fan of Heinze, and it is claimed that he had already requested the club sign him in the January transfer window.

“He is an excellent player, a leader and a winner, and he also has an EU passport which makes him even more interesting,” stated Deschamps recently.

Juventus have already signed Ajax’s Zdenek Grygera, who will move to Italy in the summer, and have also been linked with world champion Andrea Barzagli of Palermo.

Channel 4

DD seems to like him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)