Heinze (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
I don't understand the infatuation with Metzelder around here. They guy is quite average, only good thing about getting him, similar to the grygera deal, is that he is for free.

Quality wise he doesn't even come close to Heinze.

Mathijssen is just crap :D.
I confused him with Mertesacker. :oops:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I don't understand the infatuation with Metzelder around here. They guy is quite average, only good thing about getting him, is that he is for free.
My point exactly, do you ppl think we are gonna spent 40 mil on two defenders and a DM?? Think again, we never did that, even when we had the money to do that and the rest of our team was complete and full of champions,
this aint happening, not as long as we have all this junk: Kovac,Boumsong,Tudor,Legro and even Gianni loaded
and not after we were owned and already spent a fortune on Criscito,
we are going to buy only one great CB, only ONE and he better be good
and he better be young and Italian, a player that would guarantee our future,
base our defence upon him,the new Canna,
i can only see one target => Barzagli and he is very expensive,
i believe/hope we will unload Tudor,Zebi and maybe even Legro and loan away Piccolo,
our Back ups will be Piccolo,Criscito and one between Kovac and Boum Bang,
we are not going to invest more than 20mil on the CB position at any case,
Metzelder is free and one of the best solutions we can acquire as promissing back up(an 8mil deal for a CB cant be a back up solution and our current starter CBs will feel betrayed, DD WONT do that if he doesnt really has to),
so we wont have to rely on Boum Boum and suspended/injured or out of form Kovac anymore.
That means its going to be either Barza, OR Heinze, not both of them:disagree:
We have to buy a DM, replace one of our attackers and pray to God a playmaker
and boy, they do cost much more than CBs,
we are going to pay only for one CB IMO as these are tough times and we have already 3CBs ready to claim one starting position:smoke:
IMO the only way to get a new CB twin is to pay for a world class CB and find for free or almost free someone better than our current material, someone who will come as a sub ready to claim first 11 position and do less damage than Criscito and our current twin ... Metzelder seems to fit in that role better than anyone!

Our wings and wingbacks are more than covered if any of our current players wont leave or retire and Sali+Grygera join, our wings wont be a prob

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Mertesacker was a rock in the WC. You can't deny that!
Plus he is in the best CB-team of the Bundesliga together with Naldo. Alone, unbeatable, but their success is often destroyed by a former Interisti called Pierre Womé :(.

I want Barzagli and/or Metzelder. They're both excellent defenders.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Alltagsheld said:
I want Barzagli and/or Metzelder. They're both excellent defenders.
Indeed, I want both. As we need two centre defenders to replace Boumsong and kovac. Criscito would be sidelined with Boumsong and Kovac.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Originally Posted by Dominic
I don't understand the infatuation with Metzelder around here. They guy is quite average, only good thing about getting him, similar to the grygera deal, is that he is for free.

Quality wise he doesn't even come close to Heinze.

Mathijssen is just crap .
Metzelder hasn't been on his best form for a while now, even that could be traced back to 2002 when he was one top form in the world cup. Then he started getting those injuries which halted his career tremendously.He was touted to be the best German defender after that world cup but now hes just average and in the WC although he did well at times Merterascker covered for him most times.

anyway his problems are just confidence problems that could be restored imo, with a little trust his confidence could be brought back.

Heinze didnt exactly impress me in CB, hes a bit sloppy at times and he could get away with that at LB not CB. But still i think it would great to have especially for his leadership attributes, this which nobody we've been paired with has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)