Heinze (75 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
Juve add Heinze to list

Juventus boss Didier Deschamps has admitted that Manchester United stopper Gabriel Heinze is a possible transfer target.

The 28-year-old landed in England in 2004, after three seasons with Paris Saint Germain, but is now struggling for a regular spot in the starting line-up following the emergence of Patrice Evra.

The Turin giants are known to be on the look out for new defenders for their expected return to Serie A and the Argentine is an option.

“I know Gaby very well because I saw him play in France,” said Deschamps in an interview to French radio network RMC Info.

“At Manchester United he plays as a left-back, but I don’t think that is the position where he can better express his talent. He is more of a central defender,” added the Frenchman.

“United have many left-backs so if they were to put Heinze on sale and we had the opportunity to buy him, I would see no reason not to do so.

“He is an excellent player, a leader and a winner, and he also has an EU passport which makes him even more interesting,” concluded the former Monaco tactician.

The South American, who is valued at around £7m, is also a reported target for Milan and Paris SG.

Meanwhile, Juve sporting director Alessio Secco has admitted that the club were close to signing Javier Mascherano in the summer, but that the West Ham man is now set for a move to Liverpool.

“The player’s situation was complicated from a federal point of view and because he is owned by an investment company,” he admitted.

“In any case, he is now close to signing for Liverpool,” explained the official.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Heinze and Barzagli at centre half would be absolutely magic. Not too sure if heinze would come or if Juve could afford both of them.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
heinze is very good
i think that one of him or barzagli with kovac in the CB will be very good
No!! Kovac cannot be a starter next season, he just doesnt have what it takes for Serie A... same goes for Boumsong!!

Just get 2 new centre defenders and grygera and il be happy... and keep Buffon, Camo and Trez!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
overrated player. thanks but no thanks.
Heinze is overrated? :confused:

Personally I think Heinze is one of the best defenders in the Premiership and one of the most solid tacklers in the world. And perhaps most importantly for us, he's better than all our defenders, that's for sure.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze is being linked with a transfer to Serie B outfit Juventus.

The 28-year-old Argentina international has struggled to regain his place in United's starting line-up since missing most of last season with the cruciate knee injury he suffered in the Champions League clash with Villarreal in September 2005.

Juve coach Didier Deschamps is a big fan of the former Paris St Germain star and is keen to bring him to the Stadio delle Alpi.

"I know Gaby, I saw him playing in France for two years," Deschamps said in an interview with French radio station RMCInfo.

"At Manchester United he is used as a left full-back, but I don't think it is his best position. I think he is more a central defender.

"Considering the number of left-sided defenders at Manchester United, if there is an opportunity and he is attracted, why not?

"He is a very good player of an international level. He is a leader, a winner.

"Gaby also has the advantage of having a European passport."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)