Heinze (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
It goes two ways with this, we need to have some good youngsters for the future, but we also need to be able to challenge for a cl spot this season since else players like Gigi, Camo and Trez might leave. And our defence has been the worst part so far this season so we could use a good reinforcement, a proven reinforcement at the back, I ain't saying this should be Heinze, but it definately has to be a good one.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Heinze tells Fergie: I still want to quit Old Trafford

Contract rebel Gabriel Heinze last night upped the ante in his row with Manchester United by telling Sir Alex Ferguson to his face that he wants to move to Liverpool.

Defender Heinze returned to training with United as planned yesterday and headed straight for a meeting with manager Ferguson to thrash out his future.

And the Argentine international told Sportsmail last night he remains set on a controversial move to Anfield and that his lawyers are looking at ways to force the deal through, despite United's opposition.

Heinze said: "I've spoken with the coach and I have insisted that my wish is to leave the club if a big offer appears on the table.

"Today the only such offer is from Liverpool and it is this that is causing the problem. Earlier in the summer I received a promise from United that I could leave if the deal was good for both parties and at the moment there is an offer from Liverpool.

"The coach is serious about this and I understand his view. But I am serious, too. My lawyers are studying the situation and I'm going to wait for a few days now to get a full report from them."

Heinze - who last season lost his left-back berth to Patrice Evra - has two years left on his contract but was told in a letter from chief executive David Gill at the start of the summer that he could leave if an offer of £6.5million was received.

The only offer subsequently made has been from Liverpool and Heinze's representatives are trying to force the club's hand because the letter did not state that bids from Premier League rivals would not be considered.

"All I want now is a swift solution to this saga," said Heinze, who was given extra time off by Ferguson after his participation in the Copa America with his country. "I've fulfilled my duties by returning for training and I will now carry on behaving like a professional. I will keep on coming to training and will see what happens. I have a muscle injury in my leg but it is only minor and will not keep me out for long.

"People keep saying that there's an offer for me from Juventus but I know nothing about it. Liverpool is the only offer so far.

"I don't want to spend time at the club just waiting and not playing as I don't think that is in the best interests of the club or myself."

Heinze's representatives last week suggested the issue may go to court but it now appears more likely that the Premier League will be asked to rule on it.

United's stance is that Heinze's contract carries more weight than a letter and it is also understood that Gill told the player's representatives a move to a rival would be out of the question. The conversation is believed to be on tape. The Premier League have indicated they would be happy to get involved in an arbitration process.

Evening Standard

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Read this:

Open Letter To Sir Alex Ferguson...
I'm begging you, do the deal that sends Gabriel Heinze to Juventus in exchange for Giorgio Chiellini. I've seen the young lad play and it seems to me that he could do the business for Manchester United if not now, then in the very near future. Putting aside his selfishness, look at Heinze's injury record. He's not the player he once was, and I reckon at best he has two years left at the very top, while Chiellini could be a contributing player for the next decade. At least the Italian would have the stomach to fight for his place, unlike the turncoat piece of scum. How could he be trusted to play in United's first team ever again?
Robert Vard, Dublin
http://www.football365.com/mailbox/story/0,17033,8744_2643646,00.html

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Heinze confirms stance

Wantaway Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze has told Sir Alex Fergson that he wishes to leave the club.

More StoriesGabriel Heinze profile
Heinze has fallen behind Patrice Evra in the Old Trafford pecking order and, while United are willing to sell the player for a reported £6.8 million, they will not allow him to move to arch-rivals Liverpool, who are the only club to so far table a bid.

"I've spoken to the coach and I have insisted that my wish is to leave the club if a big offer appears on the table," Argentina international Heinze told the Daily Mail. "Today, the only such offer is from Liverpool and it is this that is causing the problem.

"Earlier in the summer I received a promise from United that I could leave if the deal was good for both parties and at the moment there is an offer from Liverpool."

The problem lies in United's reluctance to sell the former Valladolid and PSG man to one of their fellow Premier League title contenders, with Ferguson known to prefer a move to Juventus or a Spanish side. But Heinze wants to stay in England and knows he will be almost guaranteed first team football at Anfield.

Heinze did, however, concede that he knows where Sir Alex is coming from, the last player to have moved directly between the two clubs being Phil Chisnall in 1964.

"The coach is serious about this and I understand his view," the 30-year-old continued.

"But I am serious too. My lawyers are studying the situation and I'm going to wait for a few days to get a full report from them."

eurosport

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Heinze rejects Juve talk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus target Gabriel Heinze has denied having any contact with the Bianconeri, although he has stated that he will leave Manchester United.

The 29-year-old defender has been lined up by Claudio Ranieri as the Old Lady aims to strengthen its defensive department, which was the weak link in last season’s squad.

“I have spoken with Coach Sir Alex Ferguson and I have insisted that my wish is to leave the club if a big offer is made,” Heinze told the Daily Mail.

“I am yet to hear from Juventus. The only offer is from Liverpool and it is this that is causing the problem.

“Earlier in the summer I received a promise from United that I could leave if the deal was good for both parties and at the moment there is an offer from Liverpool.

“The Coach is serious about not wanting me to join a direct competitor this and I understand his view. But I am serious too and my lawyers are studying the situation.”

Heinze has two years left on his contract with the Red Devils and was told in a letter from chief executive David Gill at the start of the summer that he could leave if a £6.5m offer was received.

Meanwhile, Juve defender Nicola Legrottaglie has been targeted by Atletico Madrid and could join the Spanish club on a loan deal, which is already being discussed by the two outfits.

channel 4

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Dec 26, 2004
The players you mentioned arent 'available'.Their clubs have shown no signs of letting them go.Heinze on the other hand,is defiantley out of Manchester United.The only questions is where he goes.
So you think other teams directors will fly to Turin to offer us their best defenders? We aren't after those names not because they aren't 'available' but because we didn't even try to sign them.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
French Champions Lyon could be ready to make a last minute move for out-of-favour Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze.

Newspaper L’Equipe claim that the French giants were interested in landing the Argentina international earlier in the summer, but could follow this up after defender Cris suffered a nasty looking knee injury in their 1-0 defeat against Toulouse at the weekend.

New Lyon captain Cris will be sent for a scan on the injury this week and if it proves serious, the club could make a bid for Heinze.

Any outcome of such a bid will wait until after a Premier League panel have met to discuss the Heinze situation.

Heinze has been trying to force through a move to Liverpool ever since being told by United that he could leave the club to anyone offering the £6million asking price.

After Liverpool made their interest known, United manager Alex Ferguson rejected any such move. This prompted Heinze to take the cast to an arbitration panel to resolve the situation.

The panel sits next week and the outcome should be learnt before the close of the transfer window.

goal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)