Heath Ledger died... (1 Viewer)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
damned shame that, its always sad when someone dies so young. good actor though most of his films were not my bag you could see he was atlented

He looked bad ass in the previews for Dark Knight. RIP
it looked like FINALLY someone had actually gotten the right idea about the joker and caught his essence. i hope the film does well as the joker really should be one of THE great baddies on movie history

He's gonna be a badass Joker, no one believed there could be another Joker after Jack Nicholson. But Heath just looks the role.
Talented actor, he stole every movie he was in, he was destined to be a legend. His death is a huge loss.
RIP Heath
see i hate this, i admit it i was rather sad, i used to love the batman comics, simply because batman was a "dark" superhero, such a pity most movies camped it up.
the joker especially was frustrating as anyone who read the comics and books would know that the joker wasn't some half-arsed dandy, he was a complete psycho who killed robin. there is a reason the joker was batmans nemesis and it looks like "the dark knight" has finally given teh joker teh edge he should have.

i read in interview with ledger in empire recently and it seemed he understood that the joker is a psychotic sociopath, if he has played it liek this then this film would almost certainly launched him towards a-list stardom

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
He looks, or rather looked, much older than 28. A cheap conclusion; but a drug-filled life for the guy?

Want to point out some irony... His first part in a film was in 'clowning around' and his last part of course the baddest clown around.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
That is Ironic indeed.Whats surprising is that the entire marketing campaign for The Dark Knight features Ledger,and not Bale.Ledger was being built up as THE face for that movie.And we're talking about the most iconic villain in superhero history here.So clearley,Warner Bros were pretty impressed by his performance to circle the marketing campaign around his role and not Bale's,who in terms of talent,is infinitley better than Ledger as an actor.

Ive heard that now they might consider changing the way they market the movie.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
sad but nothing new in the world of celebs

thats true... r.i.p.

he is the new james dean , is it cause of drugs ??
its not a must to be honest, may be its cos these celebrities wear them selves out. look at how many movies they film and the travelling to and from different shooting locations its just tooooo exhaiusting but no one feels tired cos of the heavy pay check that comes with the job. so its not really a rule that young celebs pass away cos of drug abuse.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Shocking.

I usually don't get too emotional when celebs die but this chap was clearly something. Shame really. R.I.P.

Can't wait till The Dark Knight comes out.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
A shame he had to die in his prime.

The Dark Knight in my opinion is going to be a cult classic. Judging from the trailer, Ledger is playing a somewhat different role then what he's used to and it is looking quite insane.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This just in: Heath Ledger is still dead.

Millions morn their horrible loss, even though strangely it doesn't really change their lives in the least bit.

Media now seeking next B-movie actor to turn into a post-mortem martyr/hero for no good reason other than his early retirement.

:confused2

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
OK, who else is up for a hillbilly heroin-Vicodin-Valium-Restoril-Xanax-NyQuil cocktail? :confused2

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
This just in: Heath Ledger is still dead.

Millions morn their horrible loss, even though strangely it doesn't really change their lives in the least bit.

Media now seeking next B-movie actor to turn into a post-mortem martyr/hero for no good reason other than his early retirement.

:confused2
Please let it be that porker from high school musical, I think she is the main character

I hate fat girls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)