Headphones (1 Viewer)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
AirPods + Toshiba GigaBeat. The only way to move in this city.

@DAiDEViL I lost the charger cable for my Zune
I thought the AirPods were overpriced until I got gifted a AirPods Pro. For convenience it’s unmatched, especially if you own Apple products. Also their transparency mode is unmatched. I’ve stopped using almost all my other headphones because of how convenient it is. They don’t sound bad either.
Always tempted to buy a pair of Bose over the ear ones, but I’m sure they’ll end up in the pile like my Sony and Plantronics ones which I used for work before.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
When was the last time you bought high end headphones? I can guarantee you with todays tech there no way youd say it's not worth the added quality. You dont even need to go super high end, just 100-150 headphones as opposed to the 30 dollar ones.
Oh, I'z had the Bose and the Sennheisers. Still do. But I never leave the house with them.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don't enjoy having any outside. It's like they isolate me from reality so I pay zero attention to stuff around me. Listening to music outside make me feel like a robot on autopilot. After 2-3km distance I feel like not remembering any part of the distance I walked. I'd rather think about cetain topic and/or relax brain

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I don't enjoy having any outside. It's like they isolate me from reality so I pay zero attention to stuff around me. Listening to music outside make me feel like a robot on autopilot. After 2-3km distance I feel like not remembering any part of the distance I walked. I'd rather think about cetain topic and/or relax brain
Which is exactly why I like them :p

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Fair enough. Hell, I was on that train as well. But then all of the sudden it started bothering me because I had a sense that I'm missing out on life because it turns me into autopilot mode.
What am I missing with in ears?

Teens showing each other tik toks, blasting their shitty trap music through shitty bluetooth speakers, old people complaining about the weather...I'm missing out big time.

If I'm in a nice spot, sure I'll take them out. But other then that, no way I'll listen to all the crap if I don't have to.

Headphones and music are the best way to relax and focus on myself and whatever is on my mind, without having to listen to whatever bullshit is surrounding me.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What am I missing with in ears?

Teens showing each other tik toks, blasting their shitty trap music through shitty bluetooth speakers, old people complaining about the weather...I'm missing out big time.

If I'm in a nice spot, sure I'll take them out. But other then that, no way I'll listen to all the crap if I don't have to.

Headphones and music are the best way to relax and focus on myself and whatever is on my mind, without having to listen to whatever bullshit is surrounding me.
Your grandad rant reminds me of something else - why the hell do people talk on speaker on their phones now in public like this?:

6XACN3OCEZCNHMK6YSUJQO3UHE.jpg

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
For the sake of your wallet I hope they suck. They’re like 1.6k usd here.
unfortunately they are terrific when driven by the little tube amp we share with the guy. it was nice with the rme adi2 dac too, still a bit flat and dull sounding. much better than i remember from a previous vanilla hd800 (not hd800s) listening test. rip my wallet lol

i'd probably keep the focal though, it's nice for the short time i use headphones

my host though, i think i changed his mind. he has two headphones for his desktop setup: hd800s and denon d5200 (one of the best closed back i know, and i had the d7200 for a year, the little brother sounds more balanced, natural and never gets in the way while the d7200's bass bloat was a pain in the ass sometimes), but his wife often takes his place for some home office stuff, so he can't listen to music while his wife is working. so he wanted a wireless to connect to his phone. he ordered the sony xm4 a few weeks ago, found it not really enjoyable compared to the hd800s and the d5200, sent it back before the 14 day return window expired. he will get the beyer amiron wireless next week on a loan from a dealer we know, but he already knows that he won't buy it. why? because he plugged the d5200 in the lotoo paw s1 i showed him today, and it really was awesome. so now he's about to get a lotoo paw s2 (the newer model) and call it a day. and i missed out on a d5200 ebay auction tonight lol, maybe next time

btw i read a nice review on your dali's: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dali-io-6.24111/reviews this guy currawong has a nice yt channel too, so i know what he's into. an other confirmation on the good sound quality of these cans.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Any good recommendations for wireless headphones under $100? Ideally one that covers the ears, has good noise cancellation + minimal sound leakage, good sound quality and a bit bass heavy but not too overbearing. One that's good for House/EDM music basically.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Any good recommendations for wireless headphones under $100? Ideally one that covers the ears, has good noise cancellation + minimal sound leakage, good sound quality and a bit bass heavy but not too overbearing. One that's good for House/EDM music basically.
Havent tried them, but a colleague bought Argon Audio Soul 2 and is happy with them.

You’re not getting all the things you list for that price tho. Good ANC for under 100USD is hard to imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
unfortunately they are terrific when driven by the little tube amp we share with the guy. it was nice with the rme adi2 dac too, still a bit flat and dull sounding. much better than i remember from a previous vanilla hd800 (not hd800s) listening test. rip my wallet lol

i'd probably keep the focal though, it's nice for the short time i use headphones

my host though, i think i changed his mind. he has two headphones for his desktop setup: hd800s and denon d5200 (one of the best closed back i know, and i had the d7200 for a year, the little brother sounds more balanced, natural and never gets in the way while the d7200's bass bloat was a pain in the ass sometimes), but his wife often takes his place for some home office stuff, so he can't listen to music while his wife is working. so he wanted a wireless to connect to his phone. he ordered the sony xm4 a few weeks ago, found it not really enjoyable compared to the hd800s and the d5200, sent it back before the 14 day return window expired. he will get the beyer amiron wireless next week on a loan from a dealer we know, but he already knows that he won't buy it. why? because he plugged the d5200 in the lotoo paw s1 i showed him today, and it really was awesome. so now he's about to get a lotoo paw s2 (the newer model) and call it a day. and i missed out on a d5200 ebay auction tonight lol, maybe next time

btw i read a nice review on your dali's: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dali-io-6.24111/reviews this guy currawong has a nice yt channel too, so i know what he's into. an other confirmation on the good sound quality of these cans.
Yeah, I think a good DAC gives much more value than upgrading your headphone and keep plugging it in to the same old hole.

Nothing should be dull or flat sounding on a 1.6k pair of headphones. I think I would never end ip buying them as I would obsess over flaws.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
You got any takes on headphone amps for wireless headphones? I might go and try on that fits in my pocket for travels/longer commuting

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Havent tried them, but a colleague bought Argon Audio Soul 2 and is happy with them.

You’re not getting all the things you list for that price tho. Good ANC for under 100USD is hard to imagine.

Cheers for the recommendation, I'll check them out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)