Headphones (2 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Sound core Liberty 4

Good wireless earphones. Have noise cancellation but can also turn that off for when running.

Also has a built in heart rate monitor and can monitor your stress levels.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Nothing should be dull or flat sounding on a 1.6k pair of headphones.
yeah, that is a good point but the sad reality is that component matching becomes much more difficult when the price goes up. i've had a pair of nad viso hp50's, those were brilliant because not only they had an enjoyable yet not bass bloated sound, but they were very easy to drive. same goes for meze 99's, you can drive them using an old ipod or any phone with a jack. the hd800s is hard to drive, it requires proper amping, and when it gets a matching amp, the reward is worth it. it's not for everyone though, it's a terribly time consuming hobby if you really dig deep.

You got any takes on headphone amps for wireless headphones? I might go and try on that fits in my pocket for travels/longer commuting
wireless headphones used in their wireless mode don't require additional amplification as the bluetooth receiver is digital, so you'll need to build in a dac and an amp inside them anyway. some wireless headphones offer wired connections, in that case they might (and probably will) sound better in wired mode if plugged in a decent source.

btw there are way too many portable amps that can sound great. older devices with built in batteries like the centrance dacportable (brilliant), chord mojo, oppo ha2 or ha2se, xduoo xd05plus (etc) already sounded nice with well matched cans but they were big to carry around. nowadays many manufacturers offer simple dongles that might take a toll on the battery life of your phone but small, powerful enough and sound very good. cheap and good ones include the apple dongle (volume might be too low though, i have one, it sounded not loud enough, i've read that it's due to some regional regulation that protects your hearing), and from that price point, you can pick one for every budget, the list is basically endless.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Hired help? Assistants? What would you like me to call them?

- - - Updated - - -

the Russian idea of a party is sitting in a bus stop, eating sunflower seeds and blasting Russian disco through phone speakers
:yuck: :inter: We have a few of these obnoxious Ruskis down here in Pattaya and Phuket. Fortunately, I don't need to or have to deal with them. They're probably criminals anyway.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Are you looking at apps? Is sound quality better? Have you forgotten how something invented in the 1970s works? Are your conversations particularly interesting to the general public? Please share.
Usually starts with having to check calendar while on a work/wife call. Then I forget to switch back or keep doing shit on my phone while talking. Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #58
    A week with Bose and damn they are good. I never imagined in ears would do better ANC than over ears but they do. And that crisp sound quality is amazing.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    i had the chance to try these today. damn. brilliant indeed.

A red flag for me is when the headline says "most expensive". It's like you're too stupid to understand the value of quality, so a moron writes it and says "it's expensive".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)