Headphones (3 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So I have been using Bose Quiet Comfort 35 ii for three years or so. I love them but during the summer they are annoying as I tend to get warm and sweaty wearing them outside.

I usually don't like in ears but I decided in the end to stay loyal to Bose and got the second generation Quiet Comfort earbuds. I am blown away, I never thought I would get get better ANC than my QC35s. The music quality is also a step or two better. I am not giving up on my previous ones. I am keeping both as thay will both get their use.

So what are you all using?

Buy on AliExpress.com

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
I use Sennheiser cx 300s in ear.
I don't have a lot of knowledge on quality and stuff but these are the best I've ever had. Better than my previous Sennheisers, cable is thick so won't get tangled and the sound is great.

Then again, no knowledge so please look up the details if you are that kind of enthousiast

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm hard on my headphones. I mostly use them hiking, walking, climbing, etc.

So most of the time I just use Monoprice "Enhanced Bass Noise Isolating Earbuds Headphones with Built-in Microphone and Play/Pause Control".

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=10153

At $4.10 a set, I can go through them like toilet paper if I want to. But they actually last. :D

And with the built-in mic I can use them for Zoom calls and crap for work when I need something for my laptop.

I've bought much pricier phones with better audio quality ... but they're not worth the cost for the added quality, IMO. I've lost a lot of money on good headphones that way.

bongraider

Feb 6, 2012
I use a Soundpeats Mini Pro HS. Its affordable, HiRes, and well-built. Sounds superb as well. Its ANC is really effective at neutering ambient noise.

Sent from my SM-A325F using Tapatalk

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
So I have been using Bose Quiet Comfort 35 ii for three years or so. I love them but during the summer they are annoying as I tend to get warm and sweaty wearing them outside.

I usually don't like in ears but I decided in the end to stay loyal to Bose and got the second generation Quiet Comfort earbuds. I am blown away, I never thought I would get get better ANC than my QC35s. The music quality is also a step or two better. I am not giving up on my previous ones. I am keeping both as thay will both get their use.

So what are you all using?
I'm about to buy either the quiet comfort 45 or 700, leaning towards the latter more

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

So most of the time I just use Monoprice "Enhanced Bass Noise Isolating Earbuds Headphones with Built-in Microphone and Play/Pause Control".

At $4.10 a set, I can go through them like toilet paper if I want to. But they actually last. :D

And with the built-in mic I can use them for Zoom calls and crap for work when I need something for my laptop.

I've bought much pricier phones with better audio quality ... but they're not worth the cost for the added quality, IMO. I've lost a lot of money on good headphones that way.
When was the last time you bought high end headphones? I can guarantee you with todays tech there no way youd say it's not worth the added quality. You dont even need to go super high end, just 100-150 headphones as opposed to the 30 dollar ones.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Dali IO6 for commuting/travel/home

Jabra Elite 7 pro for running/gym

The jabras arent worth it imo - they sound Ok, but are way too expensive for what they offer. Dali is the best closed over ear headphone Ive owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

Disregarding the price and the quality that follows, why buy headphones that enhance anything? Your music is mixed and mastered to ensure a certain experience.

Whenever I see someone with a 300 dollar pair of beats on Im in diabelief

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Disregarding the price and the quality that follows, why buy headphones that enhance anything? Your music is mixed and mastered to ensure a certain experience.

Whenever I see someone with a 300 dollar pair of beats on Im in diabelief

Beats are overpriced and the sound quality I think is actually really shit, and to be honest their low to mid range headphones just seem really cheap and doesnt have that same premium feel you get with other top brands. They don't even compare to a equivalent priced Sony or Seinnheiser in terms of product

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I've got some Galaxy Buds I got free as a prize lol, some Soundmagic E10 earphones (good sound but cables are a bit flimsy) and then some Bose headphones that are noise cancelling, they were on offer for about £180. But they'll last me forever as I don't really take time to sit and listen to music as much as I did.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Dali IO6 for commuting/travel/home

Jabra Elite 7 pro for running/gym

The jabras arent worth it imo - they sound Ok, but are way too expensive for what they offer. Dali is the best closed over ear headphone Ive owned.

Jabra is the reason I'm looking to go back to headphones as opposed to buds. What a letdown they were.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i used to have a pretty extensive headphone/earphone inventory but since i mostly listen to speakers during the day, i thinned the herd and only kept the following:
- focal elear with clear pads (which is basically the elex) with motu m2 for guitar playing
- pioneer ms5t for work (has a mic, closed)
- tinhifi p1 or akg n40 with lotoo paw s1 or astell&kern xb10 for travel, noisy stuff like woodworking, or before sleep

i also have a funny little 10w tube headphone amp, which drives my speakers too, so occasionally i plug in the p1's and shit my pants. ridiculously, insanely good stuff. tubes and planars aren't a match made in heaven, but sometimes it works somehow

i'm not into wireless stuff. my only bluetooth device is the xb10, and it's enough. i don't want to throw out my things every 3-4 years because the battery dies and can't be repaired for an acceptable fee

my only plan for the next year or so is to listen to a buddy's sennheiser hd800s' tomorrow. either it will be a jaw dropping, wallet opening experience or i keep the focals for a while

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
i used to have a pretty extensive headphone/earphone inventory but since i mostly listen to speakers during the day, i thinned the herd and only kept the following:
- focal elear with clear pads (which is basically the elex) with motu m2 for guitar playing
- pioneer ms5t for work (has a mic, closed)
- tinhifi p1 or akg n40 with lotoo paw s1 or astell&kern xb10 for travel, noisy stuff like woodworking, or before sleep

i also have a funny little 10w tube headphone amp, which drives my speakers too, so occasionally i plug in the p1's and shit my pants. ridiculously, insanely good stuff. tubes and planars aren't a match made in heaven, but sometimes it works somehow

i'm not into wireless stuff. my only bluetooth device is the xb10, and it's enough. i don't want to throw out my things every 3-4 years because the battery dies and can't be repaired for an acceptable fee

my only plan for the next year or so is to listen to a buddy's sennheiser hd800s' tomorrow. either it will be a jaw dropping, wallet opening experience or i keep the focals for a while
For the sake of your wallet I hope they suck. They’re like 1.6k usd here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)