Happy Nowruz (1 Viewer)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Is Nowruz only popular in Persia (Iran) or is it celebrated in Afghanistan and Pakistan, too?

If I remember correctly, Zoroaster was a persian prophet and he founded Nowruz. Just awkward for other nations to adopt an Iranian holiday

May 23, 2013
Is Nowruz only popular in Persia (Iran) or is it celebrated in Afghanistan and Pakistan, too?

If I remember correctly, Zoroaster was a persian prophet and he founded Nowruz. Just awkward for other nations to adopt an Iranian holiday
Zoroaster a Persian prophet? :lol::lol:

Zoroaster was from Aryana Avijah which was one of the 16 Aryan lands mentioned in the Avesta. These lands which is pretty much identical to Ariana mentioned by Strabo and Eratosthenes extending from Parthia (eastern Iran and Turkmenistan) to the Indus river.

Persia was not one of those nations and was only southwest Iran i.e. the areas around modern Fars. Persians were not even an important people at the time of Zoroaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on. How is that different from how every other nation is described?
It is different because we dont have a platform to defend ourselves as we have been in war for 40 years. Also Iranian and Indian histories are not being stolen.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
It is different because we dont have a platform to defend ourselves as we have been in war for 40 years. Also Iranian and Indian histories are not being stolen.
40 years of War? Damn! Peaceful Europe have never experienced that.

Btw. Happy Persian New Year

Nov 25, 2005

It's the biggest holiday in Azerbaijan. We have the whole week off.

OP
OP
Siamak
Aug 13, 2013
No he is not an Iranian prohet he is a Zorastrian prophet. "Iranian" is a term coined by western historians to refer to us all. No one in Afghanistan every referred to themselves as Irani only whatever the Sassanid empire controlled was called Iranshahr.

If you are not Persian what ethnicity are you?

- - - Updated - - -

shut up
I'm originally from balochistan which located in Southeast of Iran.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and more than 3000 years of documented history.

- - - Updated - - -

Too many people have stolen iran history like trump.he forgotten the name of persian gulf.

May 23, 2013
I'm originally from balochistan which located in Southeast of Iran.

Too many people have stolen iran history like trump.he forgotten the name of persian gulf.
So you are Baloch not Persian?

No one steals Iran's history it is Iran and their British sponsored historians who steal history from Afghanistan and Tajikistan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)