Happy Nowruz (21 Viewers)

OP
Siamak

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
  • Thread Starter #103
    So is Hajji Firuz your version of the racist Black Pete?
    It has nothing to do with racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Haji Firuz is based on the Zoroastrian priests.These priests were red and gard a big fire in the middle of temples day and night and because of smoke they face became black. Also the Tambourine he's holding used to be a part of some of Zoroastrian religious celebrations .
    Slaveholding is a part of west countries history. In few centuries ago, Europeans Governments invasion african countries and after occupied there, plunder resources those countries to enrich themsalves and enslaved others for material gains. The US was also built on slavery and genocide against Native Americans

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    That’s what they said about Zwarte Piet. :D

Problem is that everyone who doesn’t know you is going to project their own social issues on you, like it or not. Especially as cultural awareness increases. That’s the double-edged sword.

Hence you have @Lapa asking for atheist festivals here without realizing Nowruz existed for over a millennium before Muhammad was even born … and hence we’ll before Islam existed.

That said, we all should celebrate Nowruz. I also love that festival where you celebrate nature. That speaks to my pagan Lithuanian ancestry.

OP
    Siamak

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
  • Thread Starter #105
    Because history and even present of racism in some Western countries is so vile, people start projecting and seeing racism everywhere.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Because history and even present of racism in some Western countries is so vile, people start projecting and seeing racism everywhere.
    Or they go looking for it actively.

There are a lot of cultural practices in the world that need some serious questioning. But many more are often viewed with another culture’s biased lens, which is comically stupid. The Internet just makes that easier now is all.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Btw, Siamak -- are you Muslim? (As opposed to Zoroastrian, atheist, etc.)

I ask because, if so, I'm curious how you're going to navigate the conflict between Nowruz and Ramadan overlapping this year, which is a bit of a quandary for some.

OP
    Siamak

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
  • Thread Starter #109
    Nothing is going to be wrong. Nowruz today is a secular and cultural celebration. I'll fast without losing nowruz celebrating, Ramadan can be done while having nowruz. Since i've not scheduled for traveling i'll stay at home. I greeting this new year to my relatives and friends through phone and social media. I mean it’s a cultural and historical event! People inherited it by their ancestors!

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    I understand you totally Siamak. Here in our town, every year we gather, go up in the mountain, and make sacrifices to the gods of our ancestors all day before sunset. It's a beautiful tradition, everyone is singing, dancing, having fun, and this year it falls in the month of Ramadan. But we are not worried, since you can't eat while you're making sacrifices, we won't have any problem with fasting Ramadan at the same time. Next to the sacrificial altar we even built a small mosque so we don't miss any prayers. Few years ago a guy somehow stole a baby elephant from the national zoo and we sacrificed it, then last year a local noble sacrificed his own newborn daughter which was born on the same day. It was an absolutely beautiful ceremony, I can't wait to see what everyone will prepare this year

OP
    Siamak

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
  • Thread Starter #111
    As long as it doesn't contradict with Islamic beliefs it’s absolutely okay! it’s part of culture! Can't abandon culture because of belief.

Last edited:
    OP
    Siamak

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
  • Thread Starter #113
    may be you are sunni religion. in shiia population there is change of values against islamic thoughts.
    my friend Tajiks, who are mostly sunni in Afghanistan and Tajikistan plus Kurdish people celebrate this day

OP
    Siamak

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
  • Thread Starter #114
    نوروز خجسته باد.

نوروز نوكيئن روچ په شما مراد بات، گل و شادان ببات

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)