Gym and fitness (12 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I disagree, depending on your genetics and weaknesses you might need a lot of specific exercises to compensate, compound movements won't hit that. We are obviously talking about past intermediate level lifters.
Again, depends what you want. If doing gym is a total struggle, then it's better to do full combound movements for burning more calories and hitting more muscle groups than doing couple bicep curls and tricep extensions. Nothing you really do is waste of time, unless you're limited with the time.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Again, depends what you want. If doing gym is a total struggle, then it's better to do full combound movements for burning more calories and hitting more muscle groups than doing couple bicep curls and tricep extensions. Nothing you really do is waste of time, unless you're limited with the time.
Nah ab workouts are a total waste of time, meaning you can have great looking and bulging abs without doing one single ab work out. Same can't be said about other muscles.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I disagree, depending on your genetics and weaknesses you might need a lot of specific exercises to compensate, compound movements won't hit that. We are obviously talking about past intermediate level lifters.
I think the same can be said about wanting big calves. I have been working on that for years with minimal visible progress. Some people I know have calves wider than my thighs without even knowing where the gym is

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I think the same can be said about wanting big calves. I have been working on that for years with minimal visible progress. Some people I know have calves wider than my thighs without even knowing where the gym is
Calves is just genetics man, I also have stick calves. Imagine the embarrassment when cycling

Regarding abs training I think you should train every muscle in your body, of course the importance of abs workout is monumentally inflated by mainstream understanding of fitness

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The longer achilles tendon you have, the "smaller" your calves are. It's basically same for all muscle groups and the longer is the tendon, the smaller is the size of the muscle.
I've been suffering from my achilles tendon since May. Is it an advantage to have a longer one?

- - - Updated - - -

Gave up on that a long time ago :p
Yes me too. I work on the calves only because stronger calves help me both in biking and for the way I run seeing as that I have a fore foot stride.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I've been suffering from my achilles tendon since May. Is it an advantage to have a longer one?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes me too. I work on the calves only because stronger calves help me both in biking and for the way I run seeing as that I have a fore foot stride.
If you have been suffering from achilles tendon pain, there can be many reasons for that. Most common is the overpronation of the foot. it means your feet tends to turn "inside", which doesn't let your calf work properly, which then leads to achilles pain or even knees.

Having longer tendon as an advatange? If you think it as a spring, short spring might have lower extension time for its full length when it's contracted, which means more it's more explosive. Longer spring then stretches more, which can produce more power. That's pretty much common sense, but im not sure which one is better and for example there's high jumpers with alot of differences. You can take a look at how far they're when jumping and if you have longer achilles tendon, it ain't that explosive so you can't get too close but at the same time, it produces more power so it might or should be better.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
That's the key, having fun of doing it. If it ain't fun, it's just matter of time when you lose your focus on doing it and back to "normal".
I think a six pack is matter for everyone. apparently I’m 10 percent body fat but I can barely see my abs so I need to do weighted ab workouts.
I kinda want them to pop out a bit more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)