Gym and fitness (27 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Coldest I have run was at -15 Celcius but I won't do it again. The coldest I would do is -10 Celcius. Three layers is more than enough and the mid layer is a big variable that can be a synthetic top that is very thin up to a micro fleece. Last week I ran it was -5 Celcius and the run was beautiful in every meaning of the word. I find myself recently preferring cross country skiing when it is very cold.
Nice, thanks

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
I have a cold weather buff that’s pretty good for keeping the air intake warm. But it’s definitely not fun when it’s super cold.
I think it's fine to do low intensity jogs in colder temperatures but doing anything involving higher intensity efforts makes the lungs hurt. I think the coldest I've run in was -25 Celsius (-13 Fahrenheit) and that's no fun. In the place where I lived 15 years ago, there was a group of ice swimmers running in their shorts throughout the winter.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Totally not gym related, but I'll ask anyway.

Been out photographing in the winter cold basically all week, but how to avoid sweating under your huge ass camera backpack? It's ventilated and all, but still. Feel like that shit can't be avoided, or is there some layer trick you nerds can suggest?

Sweating and cold just doesn't make a good combination.

Jun 6, 2015

Been out photographing in the winter cold basically all week, but how to avoid sweating under your huge ass camera backpack? It's ventilated and all, but still. Feel like that shit can't be avoided, or is there some layer trick you nerds can suggest?

When it's really cold I usually just use a thick merino wool base layer and a warm down jacket. I don't know what you're currently wearing on those trips but anything that is waterproof will not breath well.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

try wearing breathable layers. Normally, I just take my jacket off when I get sweaty.

May 26, 2016
Does anyone workout with just dumbbells and bodyweight? That's all I have access to right now and I'm trying to figure out a whole body workout.

Ps: I don't have a pull up bar either.
Yeah, currently doing the same due to gym being closed. Tbh, push ups and sit ups goes a long way along with some jogging. Thats what im doing now after being out of shape and it's very effektive. It's boring but it works.

If you get a bench and some dumbells as well you can do pretty much everything needed for arms/back/chest.

For Core strength i usually do squats/leg press etc , but havent found a way of replicating those excercises outside the gym yet and without eqiipment.

Yoga is weird but it's very rewarding if you actually get into it.

So yeah plenty of options

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Why there's no "a" between the "G" and the "y" and why is there an extra "m" on the the end?
It's always hard to take the first step, but once you make the decision to take responsibility for your life instead if hating the people who do theirs, your quality of life will improve immensely.

You could really do with the self-esteem boost too. Go for it, Ari. Start slowly though. Maybe lady pushups and a brisk walk.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Meanwhile in soviet belgium.

Gyms have been closed for 7 months now

Restaurants, theme parks, non essential shops and cafe's will open before gyms can open again.

We have 49.3% overweight of which 15.4% morbidly obese people amongst our adults

I wonder why

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
It's always hard to take the first step, but once you make the decision to take responsibility for your life instead if hating the people who do theirs, your quality of life will improve immensely.

You could really do with the self-esteem boost too. Go for it, Ari. Start slowly though. Maybe lady pushups and a brisk walk.
Hey dude, chill. I'm not the one who misspelled the word.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Meanwhile in soviet belgium.

Gyms have been closed for 7 months now

Restaurants, theme parks, non essential shops and cafe's will open before gyms can open again.

We have 49.3% overweight of which 15.4% morbidly obese people amongst our adults

I wonder why
Never blame something being closed for being fat. People who find all the excuses for not moving because gym's are closed are the most pathetic human beings. Like a treadmill is only way to run or gym being the only place to exercise. Fully air-conditioned area, putting the beats on and then checking your sport wrist every 5min to see how much calories you've burned so you you can eat more free when home.

You can do shit load at home or outside. There weren't gyms around centuries ago, neither was the obesity as the level it is now. Now we have both - grow up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)