Gym and fitness (8 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
150kg squat is not a heavy squat. If you want strength and to be in decent shape, that’s a good number to shoot for. It’s like saying no one needs to run more than a mile just because we have cars.
all you need to look big is weighted pullups, dips, OHP and lateral raises

squats and deadlifts are simply not needed for optics. Lifters look like retards

For strength it's a different matter

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
all you need to look big is weighted pullups, dips, OHP and lateral raises

squats and deadlifts are simply not needed for optics. Lifters look like retards

For strength it's a different matter
It’s all personal preference. No one needs to run marathons either but people still do.

I agree with you about the looks, I’m just saying that doing a 150 kg squat is not some unusual feat of nature.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
150kg squat is not a heavy squat. If you want strength and to be in decent shape, that’s a good number to shoot for. It’s like saying no one needs to run more than a mile just because we have cars.
A deep 150 kg squat is absolutely a big number for most people. It is far more than what is required to be healthy and in good shape. More importantly, I'd be willing to bet that many professional soccer players never do 150 kg squats and still have legs the size of tree trunks.

Your analogy is completely false too.

You do need to run more than a mile because cardiac health really is a thing. But you're saying you need to run 20ks every day to be considered in shape. While it's great that someone is able to run 20k, it means fuck all in terms of general health.

I think it's much more useful if someone is able to safely squat 75kg for 10 reps and is able to run a 5k under 25 minutes than it is to squat 150 or run 20ks in 75 minutes.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It’s all personal preference. No one needs to run marathons either but people still do.

I agree with you about the looks, I’m just saying that doing a 150 kg squat is not some unusual feat of nature.
It isn't. Many people are able to squat 150 kg. But that's a weight that is considerable and can have consequences if something goes wrong.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Zacheryah

Do you have any advice for busting through a plateau in a front squat, specifically when it’s the upper portion of the squat that I fail on. I’m plateauing at 125kg - 5 sets of 3. (1 rm is 133kg) Any extra weight seems to stop me dead as soon as I get just above parallel. Haven’t been able to increase for about 3 months now, even with shifting sets + reps + rest around.

Any specific exercises to strengthen that upper 1/2 - 1/3 of a front squat you could recommend? Would be much appreciated, dude. :)

Also how goes your training. It’s been a while since we’ve seen anything?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
@Zacheryah

Do you have any advice for busting through a plateau in a front squat, specifically when it’s the upper portion of the squat that I fail on. I’m plateauing at 125kg - 5 sets of 3. (1 rm is 133kg) Any extra weight seems to stop me dead as soon as I get just above parallel. Haven’t been able to increase for about 3 months now, even with shifting sets + reps + rest around.

Any specific exercises to strengthen that upper 1/2 - 1/3 of a front squat you could recommend? Would be much appreciated, dude. :)

Also how goes your training. It’s been a while since we’ve seen anything?
I completely forgot to reply to this, i'm sorry.

What exactly happens when you are at that point. You lean forward too much, or without dropping the bar, you just completely still and have to toss it ?

There are two prime reasons on why a frontsquat fails.
1) Lack of rigidity, which is all on the upper back which stabilises the lift
2) Lack of quadricep power. However then you would fail lower
3) something obscure

So try this :

1) If you feel its lack of rigidity : more then 2 days before or after front squats, seriously hammer your lats. Pullups, chinups, lateral pulldowns
2) If you think its a lack of quadricep power, double the workouts per week and stay in the 4-8 rep range
3) If you think its neither of those and purely getting stuck at lockout, add a workout with high bar work, against a variable weight (for example rubber bands). Speedwork, so nothing extreme

- - - Updated - - -

Is anybody here from Switserland, close to Varese ?

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Even though I've been working out for some time , I never give advices to people's because I'm an amateur , what works for me doesn't work for some poeple so I don't act like i know alot because I really don't:p

I take suggestions from a friend who's 120kg but he is smart and has read alot .

But last 5/6 months I've been working out with Julian Smith's program (check him on IG) and it helped me , i'm lifting less kg but it works better.

Anyway flu made me feel sick/week last 10days , and i hate going to doctors.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Even though I've been working out for some time , I never give advices to people's because I'm an amateur , what works for me doesn't work for some poeple so I don't act like i know alot because I really don't:p

I take suggestions from a friend who's 120kg but he is smart and has read alot .

But last 5/6 months I've been working out with Julian Smith's program (check him on IG) and it helped me , i'm lifting less kg but it works better.

Anyway flu made me feel sick/week last 10days , and i hate going to doctors.
Lol I mentioned you because I thought you lived in Switzerland :D

I’ll check Julian Smith tho, I’ve been sticking with the push/pull for now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)