Gym and fitness (13 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Gonna add 1 remark, tho, and a pretty interesting one

Because vegetables have no nutrition value, but the usual more difficultly digesting fibres and so on, they are quite a good filler.
Males eat in volumes, women are picky and eat smaller higher calory portions (generally). Therefore, if a male can eat the same volume, but with lower caloric value, he'll pretty easely drop weight.

For this reason, increasing the vegetables while cutting down on carb sources in your food is a rather effective way to diet.

Dec 26, 2004
I am currently on my 2nd month of 5x5, my weight is 77kg and I am 172cm.

Currently I am at 95kg squat, 95kg bench press, 60kg overhead press, 80kg deadlift and 70kg barbell raw.

I do abs between reps with minimum rest, on the odd days I play squash, boxing or football and rest once a week.

I am not using any supplements at all, not even whey protein.

So this directed toward the experts around here, @Zacheryah in particular. What would you recommend to improve my routine?
Gonna add 1 remark, tho, and a pretty interesting one

Because vegetables have no nutrition value, but the usual more difficultly digesting fibres and so on, they are quite a good filler.
Males eat in volumes, women are picky and eat smaller higher calory portions (generally). Therefore, if a male can eat the same volume, but with lower caloric value, he'll pretty easely drop weight.

For this reason, increasing the vegetables while cutting down on carb sources in your food is a rather effective way to diet.
Zach, I am hitting the breaks on 5x5 after two months and I am finding it extremely difficult to raise my current numbers (specially squat and overhead and to lesser degree bench), any suggestions?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Thanks for the explenetion, Zach. You really give me no choise but to thank yuo. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

But I have an honesd question. How does this effect my diet coke affectsion though? I was under the imprestion that veggies were helping all of that coke consumptsion. :confused:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What vegetables are you talking about, man? Iceberg lettuce? Celery? Some vegetables are very good, low calorie filler. Others have insanely high nutritional value.

Kale is considered a superfood for a reason. A medium 67 gram serving of Kale contains 206% of your daily vitamin A daily value. 134% of vitamin C. 684% of Vitamin K. 5% Thiamin. 5% Riboflavin. 3% Niacin. 9% B6. 5% Folate. 1% Pantothenic acid. 9% of calcium. 6% of iron. 6% magnesium. 4% Phosphorus. 9% Potassium. 2% Zinc. 10% Copper. 26% Manganese. 1 gram of dietary fibre, and 2 grams of protein... (of course daily recommended % of things like Vitamin C and Vitamin K is still low imo, so those percentages are somewhat inflated, regardless, it packs a punch)

What about the above says "no nutrition value" to you? I'm confused.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Thanks for the explenetion, Zach. You really give me no choise but to thank yuo. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

But I have an honesd question. How does this effect my diet coke affectsion though? I was under the imprestion that veggies were helping all of that coke consumptsion. :confused:
:rofl:

dud folow the trend. fanda cero is the new super food. wy? dokter say it. you get all the good from oranges but not any of the ewil suger dat will kill u and dem gainz

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
So many veggies have great nutritional value. Salad maybe not so much but squash, potatoes, eggplants, cauliflower, carrots, and so on.

Yeah you can survive without em if you take vitamins but theyre far from useless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)