Gym and fitness (126 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Pickup games won't injure you. Plenty of old dudes do fine, I can attest from seeing them myself. Obviously they dont go hard but they don't have to. It's pickup games. Or little league shit.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Pickup games won't injure you. Plenty of old dudes do fine, I can attest from seeing them myself. Obviously they dont go hard but they don't have to. It's pickup games. Or little league shit.
Just checked my inbox, you are one sick fuck :lol:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i missed the part where you are a veteran pro footballer
left knee quadriceps tendons are a acting a bit whiny. Last week i was talking to someone for 40 mins in the cold after training, a point on wich the tendons cramp up a bit, and i jumped on my bike and set power with the left leg, resulting in a bit of pain under the kneecap.

its a small inconveniance since then, but the huge load on the squat is slowing its healing. One houre ago, i spend 20mins with the knees compressed (dont ask what i was doing), and when i stood up, it started hurting a bit.

Usually a sign of a lingering quadriceps tendinitis. But since my meet is in 3 weeks, cant pussy out and lower weights now, so icepacks in the evening and anti inflammatory agents have to keep it going untill then

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Any of you guys have any ideas about forearm pain ? Every time i do EZ bar/barbell curls i feel like my forearm is going to explode . Diminishing my grip strength slowly while I let go of the weight helps , but it is still pretty painful .
Like Zach said, you could very likely have bicep tendonitis. The other frequent cause of this kind of forearm pain is a pinched ulnar nerve. I've experienced first hand the excruciating nature of that one. Follow the advice Zach set out and take things a little lighter for a while, alongside anti-inflam and ice.

One of the best ways to prevent such things happening in the future is wrist/forearm conditioning and strengthening. The stretches in the videos I posted a few page back help keep the tightness out of the forearms and even upper arms. Adding some light wrist curls all three ways, can really help as well. More so as an injury prevention measure.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
did 15 minutes on treadmill. needed a good refueling of carbs, protein and fat so got myself a big mac and some cheesecake
In college, my post-workout meal would be McDonald's or Burger Kings because I had coupons where I'd get two for the price of one. Mad protein as far as I was concerned.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Think I wrecked my knee in football. Went for a x-ray. Not looking good...

I was feeling some mild discomfort while urinating the other day, so I went to the doctor for an x-ray too...

- - - Updated - - -

I know that feel. I have to cut back on benchpressing this week and i dont like it one bit. But going from 4/week to 2/week is still decent, considering i'm training 5 days.
What split are you cycling into?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 120)