Gym and fitness (16 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I love powerlifting for this very reason

neural, tendon, mechanical and muscular strenght is something achieved ofer prolongued periods of dedicated training.

You cant shortcut it. I love it

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I joined a gym yesterday :weee:, i've been working out by myself for about 8 months and felt that it was the right time to move across to somewhere with the eqpt to move me to the next level.

How do you guys feel about protein supplements? I've looked up trial data and none of the companies that sell them in the UK provide any, and the few placebo control trials that are about show no difference. I asked the guy at the gym who did my induction/plan and he said he takes and see's no difference but still takes them. I don't follow that logic, what do you guys think? I have protein in my diet already.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I joined a gym yesterday :weee:, i've been working out by myself for about 8 months and felt that it was the right time to move across to somewhere with the eqpt to move me to the next level.

How do you guys feel about protein supplements? I've looked up trial data and none of the companies that sell them in the UK provide any, and the few placebo control trials that are about show no difference. I asked the guy at the gym who did my induction/plan and he said he takes and see's no difference but still takes them. I don't follow that logic, what do you guys think? I have protein in my diet already.
Just drink diet coke as much as you can around and you'll be fine. We've discussed and analysed all these before and came to the conclusion that around 10 to 12 liters of diet coke is everythiong you need during your daily consumption of calories.

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8,595
    Personally, i would always advice against supplements. Just take a healthy diet, work out regularly and limit the junk in your food. I've never taken supplements in my life and i go to gym regularly. Never had any issues.

If you plan on becoming something like The Hulk, then its a different story.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    Just drink diet coke as much as you can around and you'll be fine. We've discussed and analysed all these before and came to the conclusion that around 10 to 12 liters of diet coke is everythiong you need during your daily consumption of calories.
    The sad thing is, if you'd said this to me three years ago I probably wouldn't have been far off.

Personally, i would always advice against supplements. Just take a healthy diet, work out regularly and limit the junk in your food. I've never taken supplements in my life and i go to gym regularly. Never had any issues.

If you plan on becoming something like The Hulk, then its a different story.
    :tup: Thanks for the advice. I'm not planning on looking like the hulk but the aim to reach my physical prime, I don't want to regret having missed the opportunity when i'm older. I used to be quite fat so I also figured if i'm at the top, it will be a lot harder to get back to the worst!

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I can't remember if you hate me or if that was someone else, i think it is you - I apologise for previous offenses, meant with sincerity irrespective of how you take/respond to it.
    We've gone through this and I don't hate anyone, you may have annoyed me in the past but you already apologized and it's all water under the bridge. My comments about diet coke were nothing for you to take personally really. I was taking a jab at someone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)