Gym and fitness (23 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
@X

We are doing this, I want you to know that I have probably the weakest arms you'd ever get know. Today was Day 22 and the 35 went well but they are starting to feel tough. I am going to cheat tomorrow because it is my rest day and do the second 35 on Sunday instead. That's not a big deal but I once heard you talk about push ups as not being something you reccomend or I can't remembet what it were.

Anyway, when I am done (I still don't know at what day I will break I would like to have it as a routine after my workout, how many reps do you suggest is good?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah its just protein. I have it with milk to add something to it. So X, splits or full body.
honestly at the beginner level just keep going to the gym for a good consistent 3-6 months you will find what works put best for you

- - - Updated - - -

@X

We are doing this, I want you to know that I have probably the weakest arms you'd ever get know. Today was Day 22 and the 35 went well but they are starting to feel tough. I am going to cheat tomorrow because it is my rest day and do the second 35 on Sunday instead. That's not a big deal but I once heard you talk about push ups as not being something you reccomend or I can't remembet what it were.

Anyway, when I am done (I still don't know at what day I will break I would like to have it as a routine after my workout, how many reps do you suggest is good?

good job on getting to 35, pretty impressive imo i would go with 4 sets 35, 25, 20, 20. also keep a close watch on your shoulders when it starts to hurt you stop.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
good job on getting to 35, pretty impressive imo i would go with 4 sets 35, 25, 20, 20. also keep a close watch on your shoulders when it starts to hurt you stop.
OK, good. I am also doing lots of handstand training lately, shall I do the sets you suggested or would it be too much?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
OK, good. I am also doing lots of handstand training lately, shall I do the sets you suggested or would it be too much?
listen to your body, like i said im not a big fan of pushups but it's a great way to get started just do em right(dont line your arms to be straight out at 180 degrees with the shoulders) have you tried pull ups?

Apr 15, 2006
@X

Is that just straight 10 pushups on Day 1, or is there more to it?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
listen to your body, like i said im not a big fan of pushups but it's a great way to get started just do em right(dont line your arms to be straight out at 180 degrees with the shoulders) have you tried pull ups?
I am doing pull ups once a week 2x10 but with a rubber band. Those things are a disaster.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
yes pull ups are indeed the shit, and @Klin i have no idea how you can hurt your shoulders with pull-ups thats like impossible :p
I don't know. I always feel a lot of stress on both my shoulders when I do pull ups.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
@X

Done, done and done.

My goal now is that after every workout to do 25 or 30 push ups. It is really helping my handstand a lot and my goal is to do my handstand leaving Paul Wall behind.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't know. I always feel a lot of stress on both my shoulders when I do pull ups.
Try crossfit pullups

If your pain goes away, it was cause you had bad form
If your shouldermuscle tears, it means you were to weak

pull-ups are all nice, but if your muscle is weak related to bodyweight, you are better off with concentrated weights. In this case : wide grip lateral pulldown machine. see if you can get close to your bodyweight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)