Gym and fitness (16 Viewers)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
http://www.xxlnutrition.nl/

I ordered Assault from muscle pharm once when xxl was out of them. they were 2 days later then they said it was going to arrive, so i continue ordering from xxl, who are also cheaper

creatine is only to be taken before and after training. all it does is retaining water in muscles. also increasing creatine deposits in the muscle but they should be maxed.

bcaa is good, i take it before training.

protein should be taken daily. the reason is that you want to constantly have nitrogen molecules circulating your systhem. it increases your nitrogen retention.
Well it's hard to order from another country, especially if the package is bigger, you have to deal with tax and customs, so in the end it turns out more expensive.

I know I should take protein on regular basis, and I probably will as soon as I get the money and buy bigger package. Also I'm trying to take supps that will help me grow on long term basis, essential stuff that my muscles need. That's why I'm not the big fan of pre-workout supps.

I found this as pretty good guide for anyone who have tight budget http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/big-man-on-campus-supplements.html

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Well it's hard to order from another country, especially if the package is bigger, you have to deal with tax and customs, so in the end it turns out more expensive.

I know I should take protein on regular basis, and I probably will as soon as I get the money and buy bigger package. Also I'm trying to take supps that will help me grow on long term basis, essential stuff that my muscles need. That's why I'm not the big fan of pre-workout supps.

I found this as pretty good guide for anyone who have tight budget http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/big-man-on-campus-supplements.html
i buy my whey protein per 10 kilograms, because of that bulk discount

i pay 160 euro's for it, and 16 euro/kg quality protein is extremly cheap.
xxl has many bottom price products.

500g creatine monohydrate ? 14 euro

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
There was this guy recently, who went to a party but didnt got laid, got home, started benchpressing in his garage, did one rep to many, and suffocated under the bar.

However if you do it the morning after, with enough asperine to kill the headache, its a great thing to do.
I've had many runs when hungover, it's a bit hard but it it helps get rid of the hangover.
Didn't remember writing this, that's the state I was in this morning :sergio: Still went to the gym and did core and cardio work followed by Jacuzzi, sauna and steam. The hangover was completely gone afterwards, great success!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
This is what I do atm

benchpress - 70kg
squats - 86kg
shoulder press - 50kg
pull ups with 13kg
Rows - 72kg
This is what I do atm

Lebanese - once yesterday
Mexican - last night for her birthday
Iranian - probably tonight x 2

Meh. I working my way up to Rabs status. @Azzurri7

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Any harm in working out while hungover Zach?
Was furiously hungover last week when I played a football match. But after a while, like JCK notes, the hungover passed. I felt really great after the game, although my performance was... well, below par. :p

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Whats the word there IZ :) stopped me there for a while eh!

As for the video.. meh.. could be used for motivation.. but surely have many concerns there about the technique specially from the kids who are training after Mr. T.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Was furiously hungover last week when I played a football match. But after a while, like JCK notes, the hungover passed. I felt really great after the game, although my performance was... well, below par. :p
Nice work compadre :tup:

I'm amazed at the difference a month back in the gym has made. I've been hitting it up 5 days a week alternating between cardio/core/legs/arms/back/shoulders and think I've found a good balance. I've upped my protein intake considerably, to the point that I've had to start budgeting for food (my local butcher is well happy :D)

I'm using PHD synergy shakes also which I believe have played a big role as regard the ease of which I've settled back into training. I don't think I'm a million miles away from returning to the same level of fitness/strength at which I was last time I was in the gym over a year ago, muscle memory is an amazing thing.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Though there scientifically is no such thing is muscle memory, good job! Keep it up. It's inspiring to hear everyone in here.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Though there scientifically is no such thing is muscle memory, good job! Keep it up. It's inspiring to hear everyone in here.
Actually, yes there is.

First there is the neural part. Your body must learn how to work under the stress of maximum weights. When you start training back, you dont need to break trough the walls you went trough before

Secondly, your body's nitrogen retention has been at higher levels before. So you are in a state of imbalance. As long as its not TO long , you'll be getting that muscle back more easy thanks to higher nitrogen retention then compared when you were at this level before

example : bench press

certain point of time : weight x, your body's N-retention : y
4 months later : weight X+15kg, your body's N-retention : Y+a

3 months without training : weight : X, your body's nitrogen retention : between y and Y+a

SO, you will raise in weight pushed and muscle build faster then you did before.

I had a simular thing happening.

It took me 8 months to get from 4x110kg benchpress to 11x110kg bench press, on december 17th

Then i had a rotator injury, and couldnt do any excercise for chest and shoulders for 4 weeks, and trained very low weight for another 2, low as in 35%theoretic 1rm

It was down to 5 reps at 6 februari when i could finally train decent.
Last fryday, it was at 11 again.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Actually, yes there is.

First there is the neural part. Your body must learn how to work under the stress of maximum weights. When you start training back, you dont need to break trough the walls you went trough before

Secondly, your body's nitrogen retention has been at higher levels before. So you are in a state of imbalance. As long as its not TO long , you'll be getting that muscle back more easy thanks to higher nitrogen retention then compared when you were at this level before

example : bench press

certain point of time : weight x, your body's N-retention : y
4 months later : weight X+15kg, your body's N-retention : Y+a

3 months without training : weight : X, your body's nitrogen retention : between y and Y+a

SO, you will raise in weight pushed and muscle build faster then you did before.

I had a simular thing happening.

It took me 8 months to get from 4x110kg benchpress to 11x110kg bench press, on december 17th

Then i had a rotator injury, and couldnt do any excercise for chest and shoulders for 4 weeks, and trained very low weight for another 2, low as in 35%theoretic 1rm

It was down to 5 reps at 6 februari when i could finally train decent.
Last fryday, it was at 11 again.
I knew you'd have an explanation for us Zach :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)