Gym and fitness (19 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Haha yea. At least switch it up. Pullups are a lot better. All you need is a bar or one of those things you hang at the door.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yes it's ok but work on your core damn it. I told you before when you asked about running.
dont know much about runners, but if he does lots of hyper extensions, wont that solve his problem ?

friend of mine is a mixed runner(does both distance and short intervals) and has a simular problem

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Oh yeah. not as hardcore as you though :p

I'm trying to go more often though. I was gonna go today but I had a really big meal and I feel too comfortable.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
dont know much about runners, but if he does lots of hyper extensions, wont that solve his problem ?

friend of mine is a mixed runner(does both distance and short intervals) and has a simular problem
I do long distance and HIIT running and I would not survive without my bi-weekly core training. Ever since I started core, my running has only improved and my problems got less.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Wow, guys, thats completely not what bulking is about, you completely misunderstand it, i'm sorry.

And bulking depends on your aim, so there are two cathegories

Bodybuilders

Bulking : aim to build more muscle. The body only efficiently builds muscle(without steroid help) when you eat more calories then you burn.

They will calculate the calories they need to stay at their weight, in a 40%carb40%protein20%fat.

When they go on bulking, they'll simply add alot more carbs, for immense training, and because the body will enter the catabolic state alot less. as long as its burning carbs, or turning them into fat when you sleep, it will not touch muscles, apart for bcaa, and even that can be partially solved.

those "fats" will be olive oil, the fat in your meat,eggs for cholestrol(testosterone percursos) and alot of nuts. absolutely no butter or bad food, you want as few fat as possible.

after they bulked up, and build more muscle, they will then cut down to get the fat of. aim will be to have 1or lower% of fat, and keep more muscle then before you started bulking.
EVERY competitive bodybuilder will work in bulking and cutting
NO ONE will eat more then his 20%fat. you need fat for hormones and cell function, thats it.
You must not understand the science behind nutrition very well. I just explained exactly what bulking is. Its exceeding your necessary carb intake in order to restore the body's glycogen so that your muscles aren't deprived of the protein that your brain, organs etc. may starting using as an energy source if not enough carbohydrates are eaten. But bulking is lazy. Its a clear sign that you don't understand your bodies needs and so you're eating a massive excess of carbs to make up for it. If you're gaining fat you're eating too many carbohydrates. Its best to find a balance (eating the RIGHT amount of carbs) and this will allow you to build muscle without fat gain.

Moreover, cutting/bulking is a compulsive way to eat and its not beneficial for your physical or mental health. The best way to get lasting results is consistent training and good, balanced eating. Cutting and bulking is certainly not conducive to that.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
What's up people? I have a question.

My knee injury is haunting me again and I added on some fat in the previous couple of months. I'm dieting and lifting, but can't do cardio.

Do you think proper dieting and lifting will be enough to reach single digit body fat%?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You must not understand the science behind nutrition very well. I just explained exactly what bulking is. Its exceeding your necessary carb intake in order to restore the body's glycogen so that your muscles aren't deprived of the protein that your brain, organs etc. may starting using as an energy source if not enough carbohydrates are eaten. But bulking is lazy. Its a clear sign that you don't understand your bodies needs and so you're eating a massive excess of carbs to make up for it. If you're gaining fat you're eating too many carbohydrates. Its best to find a balance (eating the RIGHT amount of carbs) and this will allow you to build muscle without fat gain.

Moreover, cutting/bulking is a compulsive way to eat and its not beneficial for your physical or mental health. The best way to get lasting results is consistent training and good, balanced eating. Cutting and bulking is certainly not conducive to that.
I dont see where you say something i didnt mention before ?

My current 5*15 trainings are entirely based on depleting the glycogen btw

in bulks i just have an increased carb intake, the rest is much the same.

and i have to disagree on that last one. as long as you arent near your genetic maximum, bulking/cutting is far better then beeing on the same calories

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

My knee injury is haunting me again and I added on some fat in the previous couple of months. I'm dieting and lifting, but can't do cardio.

Do you think proper dieting and lifting will be enough to reach single digit body fat%?
start every training with warming up

then do 5sets of 15 reps, of the same weight, squats.

90 seconds pauze between

first 1 or 2 must be able to complete without standing pauze.

burns more calories then cardio. dont poke tho

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Do kettlebell swings and snatches, they are great cardio workouts in addition to strength.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
What can you guys tell me about HIIT? My friend recommended it to me and I would like to learn more. I know I'll also be needing a heart-rate monitor, can anyone recommend me one? Preferably a cheap one.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
start every training with warming up

then do 5sets of 15 reps, of the same weight, squats.

90 seconds pauze between

first 1 or 2 must be able to complete without standing pauze.

burns more calories then cardio. dont poke tho
Do kettlebell swings and snatches, they are great cardio workouts in addition to strength.
:tup:
What can you guys tell me about HIIT? My friend recommended it to me and I would like to learn more. I know I'll also be needing a heart-rate monitor, can anyone recommend me one? Preferably a cheap one.
Running with HIIT is amazing. I got very good results from it. But, I'd recommend Insanity. IMO, it's the best cardio option out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)