Gym and fitness (21 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
damn right,i love eggs,and i never throw any away,unless i am making carbonarra and even then i make an egg white omelette for my dog.

now i am back home and settled and i have the first few days celebrating being a single man out of my system i am embarking on a new,stricter eating plan,high in protein,low in carbs( but not completely off) a new weight regime of full body moves,my 4xweekly cycle to work and i am (hesitantly) gonna get my running shoes on twice weekly now as well

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
That is indeed very interesting but in the world of a body builder, eating 10 eggs for Breakfast with all the yolks, and the red meat and so, will highter your cholesterol level no doubt. Add to it, full cream milk and the cheat meals. Cardio is minimized which means that you can't get rid of the bad fats!

I am a huge fan of eggs, and used to have red meat, full cream milk, occasional junk and not to mention, full 6 eggs for dinner on daily basis and my Bad Cholesterol level sky rocketed. Well actually it was a little bit over the high end. Now I am on Egg whites, low fat milk, low fat meat, and 0 junk Apart from home made Pizza. I also added oats, and cardio to the system!

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Did any of you guys tried P90X? I've downloaded whole DVD and it looks good and hard, I'm thinking to give it a try but want hear your opinions first.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Back from a spin around the block, about 25-30km. I have to say despite the fatigue and the sweating I don't have much faith in exercising on a bike, it doesn't seem hard enough to do much.

Last few weeks have been sad, they closed down my pool for renovations :angry2:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Ok, it was to appear eventually, for the past week I think I have got the Illiotibial band syndrome and it's really irritating. I've been doing extreme progress the past month, I have a nice 10 km race in 3 weeks and a huge 30 km race by the end of September. I can't take the bicycle either so I am left out with my gym exercises and right now I don't feel like going there at all.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Hey Jack, I'm in the process of writing a training program for a 10k race. Do you have any suggestions?
I can make it simple.

Three sessions per week with different focus:

1- Start by a fast run, fast runs for a 10 km should not be longer than 7 km, anything between 5 and 7 is good. The run should not be at full capacity because even 5 km is long for that, but it should be faster than your regular speed.

Some variations to this can be added later when you have progressed like 7 km with the first 3,5 km at a certain speed and the second 3,5 km at a faster speed.
More variations can by variating the speed during the run, there is no need to be disciplined for that.

2- The most important session is the HIIT, I usually do one of the following but I think they are not necessary for a 10 km, you can always shorten them:
a- 10 x (1min + 1min)
b- 10 x (2min + 1min)
c- 10 x upphill

3- Long steady distance, start these by the distance that you can complete at the same tempo and increase that, usually a 10% increase is good. Do the increase every other week (run the same distance twice). By the end when you reach the 10 km you can increase your speed until you reach your race speed. There is absolutely no harm in doing more than 10 km but don't go over 13 km.

How many weeks do you have before the race?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)