Gym and fitness (9 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dooz, how do you do that in more details?
I am not sure if that's doable on a tredmill or on a track?
I don't think it's possible to do it on a tredmill.

It's a big secret and a key to success for people that want high definition. Long cardio makes you lose muscles. But high intensity cardio makes you look like an animal. Pro sprinters do that as well I think. I don't think there are any details needed.

Run for 20 seconds giving your best, your full sprint. Rest for 10 seconds and go on. Repeat that for 8 times.

It takes around 7 days for your body to recover from that if you're a beginner. Later on it would be perfect to do it twice a week.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I tried that HIIT 2 weeks ago for the first time. That has got to be the most intense workout I ever had. I'm not gonna lie here and say I did the workout perfectly though. I tried 20sec sprint and 10sec rest, after the 5th sprint I couldn't do more :p.

Last week I switched it up a bit. Did 20sec sprint and 20sec jogging, this way I lasted 8 sets. The last 2 sets weren't close to full sprint though. I'll keep doing it, it's one hell of a workout.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I tried that HIIT 2 weeks ago for the first time. That has got to be the most intense workout I ever had. I'm not gonna lie here and say I did the workout perfectly though. I tried 20sec sprint and 10sec rest, after the 5th sprint I couldn't do more :p.

Last week I switched it up a bit. Did 20sec sprint and 20sec jogging, this way I lasted 8 sets. The last 2 sets weren't close to full sprint though. I'll keep doing it, it's one hell of a workout.
You did good.

5 times is a good shit for that. It's when people die. After 4th or 5th rep

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I see.. maybe I could try the same method on the stairway.

When I do cardio, I kinda use a similar method, a go full incline and very fast, then back to 0 level to cool down, then again.. for like 10 minutes.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't think it's possible to do it on a tredmill.

It's a big secret and a key to success for people that want high definition. Long cardio makes you lose muscles. But high intensity cardio makes you look like an animal. Pro sprinters do that as well I think. I don't think there are any details needed.

Run for 20 seconds giving your best, your full sprint. Rest for 10 seconds and go on. Repeat that for 8 times.

It takes around 7 days for your body to recover from that if you're a beginner. Later on it would be perfect to do it twice a week.
I do once a week one of the following:

10 times 2 min sprint, 1 min standing still
or
15 times 1 min spring, 1 min standing still
or
1 km fast running, 250 meters jogging
or I look for an uphill, something like 100 meters and I run it up 10 times and jog the way down

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
:tup:

Good luck and post your opinion after it, if you get home alive.
I've never been much of a fitness guy, hardly ever exercised and ate all sorts of stuff at the weirdest of times. I'm not fat though, far from it, but I want to shape up a bit for the summer and maintain it.

Now I'm eating a LOT healthier and working out 4 or so times a week. I've started bit under 2 weeks ago, building up my stamina, then I'll start running outdoors a lot more. I'll give it a go when the weather gets a bit better, as I don't fancy doing that on a treadmill.

I'll let you know.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I do once a week one of the following:

10 times 2 min sprint, 1 min standing still
or
15 times 1 min spring, 1 min standing still
or
1 km fast running, 250 meters jogging
or I look for an uphill, something like 100 meters and I run it up 10 times and jog the way down
Wow, that is really tough. For me at least.

I prefer short and intense cardio if anything. But I have a different goal after all. Still, I don't really like running (I'm not going to say that I hate it). I was running for like 1-2 months and I must say that I didn't really like it.

But when someone does that, I bow.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
:oops:

--

Did you any of try HIIT tabata method? It's 20 seconds sprint and 10 seconds rest. Do that 8 times and it's done.

I heard it's the best cardio exercise ever . Some people that did it for a first time threw up etc. It's really hard and intense.
I've heard for something similar, but never tried it. I think I could try, even though my weight training program is killing me at the moment.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
On a treadmill it can be done by setting the machine to the required intervals, on the track you need a clock and some discipline. I've tried both but with longer intervals.
I haven't gone full sprinton a tredmill before. Do they go real fast to match a sprinting speed?

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
You did good.

5 times is a good shit for that. It's when people die. After 4th or 5th rep
Man, after that 5th one I was literally grasping for air.

About the treadmill, I think it could be pretty dangerous lol. If the machine speeds up and you're not ready for it :D. While setting it too low wil take out the intensity of the workout.

The bike in the gym is a decent alternative.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Alright motha lovers you mean bastards have kick started operation zediet. I'm gonna weight myself once a week and you guys can follow my weight loss.

Words of encouragement would be nice :D

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
it is more challenging though. I am no expert so it depends on the speed.

I will try it in the parking lot, but I don't think it is long enough to last 20 secs, which probably would mean, I have to go back and forth.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Alright motha lovers you mean bastards have kick started operation zediet. I'm gonna weight myself once a week and you guys can follow my weight loss.

Words of encouragement would be nice :D
Mmmm.. pizza.

Nah, I'm kidding man, I'm not really trying to lose weight, but shaping up, so no fat food for me either. Good luck man, you can do it. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)