Gym and fitness (25 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I also drink one cup of coffee a day so I guess it won't affect my creatine intake
Pretty much you would have to drink a whole lot of caffein for it to interfere with your creatine supplementation. Plus, each substance only remains in your body for a short amount of time; you have two cups of coffee that caffein will remain in your body for maybe 2 and half hours. If you take creatine, it takes approximately 45 minutes to take effect and lasts around the same period of time (as caffein). So just don't let them clash, if you're going to get the best out of you creatine make sure you haven't had any alcohol or caffein 2 or more hours before hand.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Pretty much you would have to drink a whole lot of caffein for it to interfere with your creatine supplementation. Plus, each substance only remains in your body for a short amount of time; you have two cups of coffee that caffein will remain in your body for maybe 2 and half hours. If you take creatine, it takes approximately 45 minutes to take effect and lasts around the same period of time (as caffein). So just don't let them clash, if you're going to get the best out of you creatine make sure you haven't had any alcohol or caffein 2 or more hours before hand.
Thanks Nenna,

I used to drink a lot more coffee, but now I cut out to only one mug in the morning. And I remembered that I heard from someone long time ago that if you are taking creatine based products you shouldn't drink coffee, so I was wondering since I never red anything about that.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I got injured while doing military press. First injury I've ever had in the gym :p

When I lifted the barbell of the ground I felt a stinging pain in my right wrist when I turned my hand in the movement to let the barball rest on my chest before starting the set.

I finished the workout with tape around my wrist, but when I got home the pain got worse and worse. It doesn't hurt when I bend my wrist, but I CAN'T turn my hand. Let's say my palm is facing down, I can't turn it so it's palm up.

Anybody had this problem?

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Nt really Zaim.

But for a military press, howcome the barbell was lying down on the floor and not on smith machine? Anyhow.. try come Voltaren cream or something of that sort. If it doesn't get better, seem medical help. My guess its just a strain and will go away.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
The smith machine was occupied and I didn't wanna wait, so I did it that way :D

I'll try some of that Voltaren tomorrow and train with tape I guess. Thanks for the reply.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
I'd advice to rest actually as you dont want to make it worse. Unless you will do some cardio. And no fapping of course :D
Leg/abs day is scheduled for tomorrow so that wont be a problem. I hope the pain goes away before monday though, I hate to skip workouts.

Oh and I have two hands ;)

Jan 3, 2010
So ti turns out I have shin splints and fallen arches due to a previously undiagnosed case of pronation of the legs.

€250 these orthodics are gonna cost :sergio:
You might want to reconsider that idea. Orthotics have never been proven to actually work and newer theories say you should spend more time training barefoot/running in minimalist shoes. I too don't think orthotics will help you with your issues.

And trust me, I've been down the orthotics road. A bit of barefoot training and a good weightlifting problem solved pretty much all my problems (which mainly consisted of anterior knee pain). The thing with barefoot running is that it'll make you much more conscious of your running form and you'll tend to improve very quickly. Weights are still necessary though.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
You might want to reconsider that idea. Orthotics have never been proven to actually work and newer theories say you should spend more time training barefoot/running in minimalist shoes. I too don't think orthotics will help you with your issues.

And trust me, I've been down the orthotics road. A bit of barefoot training and a good weightlifting problem solved pretty much all my problems (which mainly consisted of anterior knee pain). The thing with barefoot running is that it'll make you much more conscious of your running form and you'll tend to improve very quickly. Weights are still necessary though.
And the genetic condition where my bones grew quicker than my muscles can be solved by this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)