Gym and fitness (21 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:D

Crunches without weights will get you flat stomach eventually. Try to do 4 different exercises and around 20 reps. That and running would polish it nicely. As for cycling, do it less if you want to add high intense cardio...and you should do it, because it's the best thing to burn down the fat.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
yeah but with all the bloody hills in Edinburgh and the constant wind it is great high intensity cardio no?

and fook you,with all the bread you eat you should look like Elvis

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
yeah but with all the bloody hills in Edinburgh and the constant wind it is great high intensity cardio no?

and fook you,with all the bread you eat you should look like Elvis
:D I guess it's a good metabolism.

Find one 200m uphill and run with 80%, take 30-45s break and do it for 4 times. Don't know about the weather.

icεmαή;2451591 said:
Squats helps the abs? Sorry for being a noob...
It's actually a question that's always being discussed. Squats do help, help the core and activate your abs but many people make mistake and do a lot of those while planning to get 6 packs. Bad thing, they are not essential for building your abs at all. Narrow will hit hams and quads while wide will work on your hips harder. You should do side squats (with weights eventually) to hit your abs.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
You gotta lower your body fat if you want definition. At 10% or so you'll be able to see decent abs, 4 packs. If you want to define 6 or 8 pack, you gotta work your ass off and lower your body fat to 5%, it's when those become visible. If you want your abs to pop up you should do it with weight but do it carefully so you don't damage your spine.

:tup: Thanks Dooz
I am 5.11 and 185 lb.
I need to cut alot on carbs. Yesterday for example I didn't eat any bread, since I am used to eat plenty. I should watch my diet carefully, because I do many abs ecxersices but eating habits are killing me.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
It's actually a question that's always being discussed. Squats do help, help the core and activate your abs but many people make mistake and do a lot of those while planning to get 6 packs. Bad thing, they are not essential for building your abs at all. Narrow will hit hams and quads while wide will work on your hips harder. You should do side squats (with weights eventually) to hit your abs.
strengthens the entire core

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Alright, last two visits in the gym I've done full-body workouts. It feels great and I love the pump in my entire body, as opposed to completelly drained up specific muscles groups per day.

Can anyone link me to a good full-body workout?

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I can :D
However, it is debetable to be honest as full body workouts will mean you needing longer recovery time. Some come around this by changing the routine to be something like this:

Bench press
Pull downs
military press
barbell curls
squats

the other day becomes:
Incline dumbell press
dumbell curles
cable rows
leg press

and so forth..

So it depends on what you want to do actually.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Alright, last two visits in the gym I've done full-body workouts. It feels great and I love the pump in my entire body, as opposed to completelly drained up specific muscles groups per day.

Can anyone link me to a good full-body workout?
Why don't you go back on you old programme, it does miracles for me? Or try OVT program that I posted before at Balkan thread.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Why don't you go back on you old programme, it does miracles for me? Or try OVT program that I posted before at Balkan thread.
Don't like OVT.

Upper/Lower was good to me as well, but what I don't like is working the legs with such high intensity two times a week. While I was doing it, most of my jeans started getting tighter and tighter, I need it to get it under control. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)