Gym and fitness (21 Viewers)

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
Am not living in Europe, but you need to be more specific. There are different brand names and different types of protein that do different things. Be more specfic.
I live in the states and use All the Whey or Dymatize Elite and I pay around $30 - $35 for 5 pounds. I might be going to Italy this summer for 2 months and I wanted to get an idea of what the cost for protein is there or if I was better off packing some in my luggage.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I live in the states and use All the Whey or Dymatize Elite and I pay around $30 - $35 for 5 pounds. I might be going to Italy this summer for 2 months and I wanted to get an idea of what the cost for protein is there or if I was better off packing some in my luggage.
I think that all supplements in USA are cheaper than in EU. I know that here in Bosnia sellers are ripping us. For example Optimum nutrition whey costs around 60€ while in USA you can buy it for around 40€. Also I know that last year at this time when dollar was low many here were buying supplements from USA for ridicoulus prices.

From my viewpoint I would love that I can buy supplements in the USA.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I think that all supplements in USA are cheaper than in EU. I know that here in Bosnia sellers are ripping us. For example Optimum nutrition whey costs around 60€ while in USA you can buy it for around 40€. Also I know that last year at this time when dollar was low many here were buying supplements from USA for ridicoulus prices.

From my viewpoint I would love that I can buy supplements in the USA.
The US are pretty much at the forefront of body building. And as a result, most products to do with gym and body building - supplements, equipment etc. are made there. Which is why we're paying more over seas. You might even be better off buying off the net.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Guys, the right side end of my right foot is incredibly numb and swollen. There's no pain involved, but it feels extremely weird. I hit my foot against a goal post playing soccer a few days ago, so I don't know if that has something to do with it. Some sort of simple bruise?

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Guys, the right side end of my right foot is incredibly numb and swollen. There's no pain involved, but it feels extremely weird. I hit my foot against a goal post playing soccer a few days ago, so I don't know if that has something to do with it. Some sort of simple bruise?
sounds like a bruise andrew, it wont harm if u go have an x-ray though just to be certain. if u have an anti-inflammatory apply it and put a bandage onit ( u know those elasitc ones) should remove the swelling. hopefully that should speed things up.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
sounds like a bruise andrew, it wont harm if u go have an x-ray though just to be certain. if u have an anti-inflammatory apply it and put a bandage onit ( u know those elasitc ones) should remove the swelling.
I don't know if I want to have an X-ray though. It does seem like a bruise, but a really strange one. When I touch that end of my foot, it's like it's dead tissue right there that's inflamed. It doesn't hurt, so I'm not worried.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I don't know if I want to have an X-ray though. It does seem like a bruise, but a really strange one. When I touch that end of my foot, it's like it's dead tissue right there that's inflamed. It doesn't hurt, so I'm not worried.
look just try to apply an anti-inflammatory ( voltren i honestly dont know whats the exact trade name in the states but any anit-inflammatory would do the trick) should take a day or two to come down and feel normal again.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Interesting. I don't think that's a bruise. Is your foot changing colour? If its not at all painful and not changing colour I doubt its a bruise. Sounds more like a bite or infection rather then a muscular injury or a fracture. You'd really feel either of those.
I was bitten by a spider on my hand and my whole hand swelled up like it was going to burst out of its skin but I couldn't really feel anything. I also got stung by a bee on my toe when I was drunk and walking around bare foot. A day later it swelled up like crazy without pain and I didn't know why, cause I couldn't remember getting stung :beer: and it stayed like that for a few days. Just ice it dude, and maybe take some anti inflammatories.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If it's inflamed it would hurt even without you touching it. And dead tissue can't be inflamed by the way. If it's dead it would also mean you're losing your foot. So I don't think it's dead tissue. Unless of course you had previous injury.

Man, my shoulders are aching from studying. I'm not used to sitting at a desk for hours in a row and the pain is killing me right now. I did some stretching exercises and I did some general shoulder exercises with a couple of dumbbels as well, but they still hurt.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Interesting. I don't think that's a bruise. Is your foot changing colour? If its not at all painful and not changing colour I doubt its a bruise. Sounds more like a bite or infection rather then a muscular injury or a fracture. You'd really feel either of those.
I was bitten by a spider on my hand and my whole hand swelled up like it was going to burst out of its skin but I couldn't really feel anything. I also got stung by a bee on my toe when I was drunk and walking around bare foot. A day later it swelled up like crazy without pain and I didn't know why, cause I couldn't remember getting stung :beer: and it stayed like that for a few days. Just ice it dude, and maybe take some anti inflammatories.
Yes, but you live in Australia.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Man, my shoulders are aching from studying. I'm not used to sitting at a desk for hours in a row and the pain is killing me right now. I did some stretching exercises and I did some general shoulder exercises with a couple of dumbbels as well, but they still hurt.
Are you going to need spot for that buddy? :p
Yes, but you live in Australia.
Yes, yes I do. Do insects not exists in the US or Europe for that matter?

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Meh, it's nothing, I had a friend with similar case and he died after 3 days, but I'm sure that you gonna live at least 2 days more than him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)