Gym and fitness (19 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Yes, Mentzer, a well known drug user, died at the age of 50 because he was living a healthy life. Unless you're an idiot, you know something isn't right.

You know what really gets you those big gains? Anabolic steroids. You should try some.

Protein powder is not imperative. Far from actually. But it is easy and although there are various reasons as to why such a high protein diet is probably not the best for a human body, I suppose you could use it. I would not use creatine myself. A lot of studies claim that the intake of creatine has almost no effect and the scientific world has not studied it long enough to decide whether or not it can be harmful. Either way the advantage you get from using creatine is not big enough. And it costs you money.
many athletes, actors, and even a govenor from a certain state on the west coast have all taken steroids in the past, so Mentzer isnt exactly in bad company

That is simply not true. In a lot of cases it'll make things a bit easier, but as with creatine the scientific debate is still going on. A human body doesn't need massive amounts of protein to build muscle.

But I never advised against taking protein. I feel it is not strictly necessary, it costs you money and the debate is still on. Unfortunately the placebo effect is of high importance for bodybuilders.

if you are weight training, or doing any sort of conditioning, then your body needs extra protein to help in the recovery process (you are tearing down muscle)

its debateable just how much is needed, but a good estimate is 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't recommend doing a hard 2 mile after doing legs. I almost ate it at cross walk. In front of a few fillies. I think I redeemed myself by should "OOOOO JELLY LEGS!!!" as I went by.

On a purely scientific note, I think I should do my internship on the attractiveness of women and its relationship to temperature. A it gets hotter, so do the ladies.:eyebrows:

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
its debateable just how much is needed, but a good estimate is 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight
Is this the 'safe' estimate? I ask because that seems quite low.

I just calculated my protein intake today, and it's way over 1g per lb of body weight, even though 80% of it came from food ie: I wasn't consciously trying to eat alot of protein. I did a quick google search, and ppl seem to split about how much protein per pound someone should consume.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
It's actually a creatine based supplement so that does exclude a lot of myths about it (although it's post workout not pre like most creatines), I've done my research on it and as far I know or anyone (including dietrician students and trainers) can prove it has any negative effects whatsoever but I guess that has been said many times before, at least you don't spew it back up like that tri-creatine malate shit.. I won't go into too much detail regarding it's benefits at the risk of sounding slightly weird
Yeah i looked at some reviews. Most people said it helps A LOT which is good that there are things that aren't steroids that help you make really noticeable gains. Do you know if you just mix it into your protein powder or it replaces it?

That is simply not true. In a lot of cases it'll make things a bit easier, but as with creatine the scientific debate is still going on. A human body doesn't need massive amounts of protein to build muscle.

But I never advised against taking protein. I feel it is not strictly necessary, it costs you money and the debate is still on. Unfortunately the placebo effect is of high importance for bodybuilders.
Wow you couldn't be more wrong. Damaged muscle tissue repairs through protein intake. One of the points of protein powder is that after you work out the blood is pumping through your muscles. If you eat solids that blood will pay attention to your stomach and the digesting of that food. If you take a powder then the stomach needs less blood and that blood can work on repairing your muscle.
If you worked out, you would notice the difference between working out with supplements and without them... but its clear you don't.
To be honest, know one cares what you do or think cause its clear that you have no clue what you're saying. Good luck recovering from workouts without a substantial consumption of protein.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Protein is a must if you want to gain mass, now if you think that is better to eat at least 1kg of chicken breast, fish or any kind of meat rich with protein every day instead of taking pure protein powder than fine. We will see who will make more progress in just one month.

However anyone who train should eat regulary and watch what to eat beside protein powder.

About creatine, I've been taking it before and as much as Seven is saying that cratine have placebo effect I must disagree. First time I've used cratine, I've used it unproperly and I didn't felt anything, no progress at all. Than later I found out how I should take creatine and than after about 15 days of using it I had more strenght and endurance and it was so obvius not just to me, it was obvius for everyone in gym.

Also I watched documentary on National Geogrphic channel about Anabolic Steroids and scientist can't agree about his positive/negative effects, but it seems that in short-term period they aren't harmful, but in long term they can be fatal, however there are lot of pros and cons.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Protein is a must if you want to gain mass, now if you think that is better to eat at least 1kg of chicken breast, fish or any kind of meat rich with protein every day instead of taking pure protein powder than fine. We will see who will make more progress in just one month.

However anyone who train should eat regulary and watch what to eat beside protein powder.

About creatine, I've been taking it before and as much as Seven is saying that cratine have placebo effect I must disagree. First time I've used cratine, I've used it unproperly and I didn't felt anything, no progress at all. Than later I found out how I should take creatine and than after about 15 days of using it I had more strenght and endurance and it was so obvius not just to me, it was obvius for everyone in gym.

Also I watched documentary on National Geogrphic channel about Anabolic Steroids and scientist can't agree about his positive/negative effects, but it seems that in short-term period they aren't harmful, but in long term they can be fatal, however there are lot of pros and cons.
People overestimate the amount of protein necessary. Yes, you need a lot of protein, but no, you don't necessarily need protein powder. It depends on what you want. If you want to be one of the biggest in your gym, then yes, go with the protein powder. If you simply want to look strong, you can do without.

As for the creatine, I never said it only had a placebo effect. I said the scientific world didn't know about the effects it might have.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
People overestimate the amount of protein necessary. Yes, you need a lot of protein, but no, you don't necessarily need protein powder. It depends on what you want. If you want to be one of the biggest in your gym, then yes, go with the protein powder. If you simply want to look strong, you can do without.

As for the creatine, I never said it only had a placebo effect. I said the scientific world didn't know about the effects it might have.
I've pretty much said the same thing. Ofcourse that you don't need that much protein if you don't want to build some serious or for some skinny guys any muscle. Taking protein will not make you huge, but it is good addition to your nutrition and it will help you gain mass and still it won't you make into biggest guy in gym. Also protein powder have some practical use, like someone said before, after training is much more easier to take scoop of protein with water with no fat in it, than to make a lunch. And the best thing about protein powder compared to other bodybuildng suplements is that after you stop training you will not loose your muscles, like with creatine.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Wow you couldn't be more wrong. Damaged muscle tissue repairs through protein intake. One of the points of protein powder is that after you work out the blood is pumping through your muscles. If you eat solids that blood will pay attention to your stomach and the digesting of that food. If you take a powder then the stomach needs less blood and that blood can work on repairing your muscle.
If you worked out, you would notice the difference between working out with supplements and without them... but its clear you don't.
To be honest, know one cares what you do or think cause its clear that you have no clue what you're saying. Good luck recovering from workouts without a substantial consumption of protein.
You honestly believe that the protein goes right to your muscles when you drink it? Boy, that is one of the most naive ideas I've heard in a long, long time. But I guess you can expect anything from a guy who has a drug addict who died at the old age of fifty for a hero.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
many athletes, actors, and even a govenor from a certain state on the west coast have all taken steroids in the past, so Mentzer isnt exactly in bad company
Of course Arnold took steroids. A LOT of bodybuilders took and take steroids. That doesn't change the fact that it is a stupid thing to do. Just look at the possible side effects.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Of course Arnold took steroids. A LOT of bodybuilders took and take steroids. That doesn't change the fact that it is a stupid thing to do. Just look at the possible side effects.
I completely agree....we'll just have to see how long it takes for some of the more-famous people who abused them to drop dead.

Many WWE wrestlers have had untimely deaths, alot being linked with heart conditions (and I'm sure other drugs were involved as well)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
You honestly believe that the protein goes right to your muscles when you drink it? Boy, that is one of the most naive ideas I've heard in a long, long time. But I guess you can expect anything from a guy who has a drug addict who died at the old age of fifty for a hero.
The 'pump' of blood that runs through your muscles can last up to two hours and yes you will certainly digest that protein in that space of time (unless you eat a lot before you take it). Why do you think people eat bananas etc. and hour - 30 minutes before they exercise.

Regarding Mike Mentzer, who honestly cares if that man took drugs. His contribution to body building is what i, along with many others praise him for. The man helps people lead healthy and fulfilling lives, he never endorsed steroid use, just a technique of training.

If a heroin addict saves a bunch of babies from a burning house i'll still praise him for it regardless of what he injects into his body.
God bless people like Mike Mentzer who selflessly contribute to their passion for the benefit of other people. Here, people like Vin, Il Re, Gazzo and I try and give useful advice on this thread and you can only make negative nonconstructive comments. Fuck your ego.

Ya douche.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The 'pump' of blood that runs through your muscles can last up to two hours and yes you will certainly digest that protein in that space of time (unless you eat a lot before you take it). Why do you think people eat bananas etc. and hour - 30 minutes before they exercise.

Regarding Mike Mentzer, who honestly cares if that man took drugs. His contribution to body building is what i, along with many others praise him for. The man helps people lead healthy and fulfilling lives, he never endorsed steroid use, just a technique of training.

If a heroin addict saves a bunch of babies from a burning house i'll still praise him for it regardless of what he injects into his body.
God bless people like Mike Mentzer who selflessly contribute to their passion for the benefit of other people. Here, people like Vin, Il Re, Gazzo and I try and give useful advice on this thread and you can only make negative nonconstructive comments. Fuck your ego.

Ya douche.
Now people suddenly eat bananas because of the protein?

Mike Mentzer looked the way he did because of drugs. That makes his "great" training technique void of any meaning. And he definitely didn't selflessly contribute. He earned money. Just how easy is it to fool you?

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005

Ya douche.
That's a very poor analogy. It's like a Heroin addict trying to teach stress management, rather.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Now people suddenly eat bananas because of the protein?

Mike Mentzer looked the way he did because of drugs. That makes his "great" training technique void of any meaning. And he definitely didn't selflessly contribute. He earned money. Just how easy is it to fool you?
when did i say bananas was a source of protein? That comment is simply an example of the ability of the digestive system to digest food into energy in a certain period of time.

I've been doing his High Intensity Training for 4 months now and i'm growing at a much more rapid rate and far more effectively without any drug use. And all of this was acquired through the internet, for free. His concepts are echoed in the halls of every gym in the world by personal trainers and bodybuilder (natural and otherwise).
The issue of whether one wants to use drugs or not is at their discretion. Regardless of drug use there's no doubt that the use of his ideas are beneficial and arguably superior to other forms of body building.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
when did i say bananas was a source of protein? That comment is simply an example of the ability of the digestive system to digest food into energy in a certain period of time.

I've been doing his High Intensity Training for 4 months now and i'm growing at a much more rapid rate and far more effectively without any drug use. And all of this was acquired through the internet, for free. His concepts are echoed in the halls of every gym in the world by personal trainers and bodybuilder (natural and otherwise).
The issue of whether one wants to use drugs or not is at their discretion. Regardless of drug use there's no doubt that the use of his ideas are beneficial and arguably superior to other forms of body building.
Look, even you yourself say you haven't been doing his routine properly. You've used some of his ideas, but didn't go all the way through. And the reason is the fact that you can't. It's an insane idea of bodybuilding. Some of his basics are alright, but they're not revolutionary and you know it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)