Gym and fitness (160 Viewers)

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Not Necessarly Vlat. It might last for as long as the pillow os not suitable. I had this problem and it drove me nuts. That neck issue gave me headaches all day. All day, starting from the second I get off bed until I sleep. This lasted the same for long long months, thinking it is a matter of a day or two.

I got some muscle relaxants as treatment and changed my pillow and bingo. It's gone.

It could also be a result of a disc in your neck too. You should have it checked to find out.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Anth nenna, you tried Anabolic O.D mate? Il re, you know much about it? It's the new buzz everywhere, tried and tested it bout year ago and I was a huge fan of it, although the import prices from the U.S tend to be relatively high

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Perhaps I'm lucky, but I find that training three times a week is more than enough to look good. I don't need any supplements whatsoever. Then again, I don't think bodybuilders look good, so what do I know?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I just don't understand why people would think Mentzer was a great guy. He was OBVIOUSLY insane. He was, what, 50 when he died?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I do opine a lot. But really, no one needs supplements. You may need them if you're a professional athlete or if you're sick. A normal human being, eating healthy and working out 3-4 times a week, does not need anything else.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I know more than that guy.

He's a retard and he's dangerous. There are no two ways about it. Just look at the way he died FFS.
His heart complications have little to do with high intensity training. What does slow form and long days of rest have to do with heart complications? Nothing.

I just don't understand why people would think Mentzer was a great guy. He was OBVIOUSLY insane. He was, what, 50 when he died?
Again... fool.

I do opine a lot. But really, no one needs supplements. You may need them if you're a professional athlete or if you're sick. A normal human being, eating healthy and working out 3-4 times a week, does not need anything else.
To build muscle at a rapid pace, things like protein powder are IMPERATIVE. To survive and be healthy, no they're not necessary but you need to at least use protein powder for increased building in strength and mass.

Anth nenna, you tried Anabolic O.D mate? Il re, you know much about it? It's the new buzz everywhere, tried and tested it bout year ago and I was a huge fan of it, although the import prices from the U.S tend to be relatively high
At the moment i'm only on creatine and protein powder. But i've looked at it. Looks actually quite good, people who speak of it talk about some pretty big gains. But terms that have been used to describe it like "involuntary growth" make me think there's something up with it, there has to be some sort of negative side affect.
I'm thinking of using it though :p.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
It's actually a creatine based supplement so that does exclude a lot of myths about it (although it's post workout not pre like most creatines), I've done my research on it and as far I know or anyone (including dietrician students and trainers) can prove it has any negative effects whatsoever but I guess that has been said many times before, at least you don't spew it back up like that tri-creatine malate shit.. I won't go into too much detail regarding it's benefits at the risk of sounding slightly weird

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
His heart complications have little to do with high intensity training. What does slow form and long days of rest have to do with heart complications? Nothing.

Again... fool.

To build muscle at a rapid pace, things like protein powder are IMPERATIVE. To survive and be healthy, no they're not necessary but you need to at least use protein powder for increased building in strength and mass.
Yes, Mentzer, a well known drug user, died at the age of 50 because he was living a healthy life. Unless you're an idiot, you know something isn't right.

You know what really gets you those big gains? Anabolic steroids. You should try some.

Protein powder is not imperative. Far from actually. But it is easy and although there are various reasons as to why such a high protein diet is probably not the best for a human body, I suppose you could use it. I would not use creatine myself. A lot of studies claim that the intake of creatine has almost no effect and the scientific world has not studied it long enough to decide whether or not it can be harmful. Either way the advantage you get from using creatine is not big enough. And it costs you money.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
The only supplement I take is whey protein, simply because it's the by-product of milk/cheese. Everything else is unnecessary imo. It's always better to go natural, and it's much cheaper as well (although not as convienent).

I don't understand those ppl who use dextrose/maltodextrin in their postworkout shake, take casein powders b4 bed, or drink those mass gainers loaded with a bunch of artificial crap. I understand the reasoning behind them, but there are natural alternatives to each.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
you want to know why I take whey protein and egg protein protein supplements?

because, and I know this may shock you.....

......muscles are built from protein!

and I know what your smart comeback is going to be.
"but if you eat healthy you don't need those protein shakes"

well guess what? Whey protein gets digested quickly, typically 30 to 45 minutes, making it ideal to take after intense workouts.

also whey protein are convenient and easy to take. All you need is a cup and some water. no need to cook, no need to wait.

then there are the diet effects. would you rather drink a protein shake consisting of 60 grams of protein, 0 fat, 0 sugar, 0 cholesterol, and only 260 calories or eat a 950 calorie steak that is high in fat and gives you same amount of protein?

anyone who is bodybuilding, even if it's not professional needs a balanced diet of food and protein supplements. just because you don't need them doesn't mean nobody else does it.

but of course this doesn't happen in Belgium.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

well guess what? Whey protein gets digested quickly, typically 30 to 45 minutes, making it ideal to take after intense workouts.

also whey protein are convenient and easy to take. All you need is a cup and some water. no need to cook, no need to wait.

then there are the diet effects. would you rather drink a protein shake consisting of 60 grams of protein, 0 fat, 0 sugar, 0 cholesterol, and only 260 calories or eat a 950 calorie steak that is high in fat and gives you same amount of protein?

anyone who is bodybuilding, even if it's not professional needs a balanced diet of food and protein supplements. just because you don't need them doesn't mean nobody else does it.

:lol:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

That is simply not true. In a lot of cases it'll make things a bit easier, but as with creatine the scientific debate is still going on. A human body doesn't need massive amounts of protein to build muscle.

But I never advised against taking protein. I feel it is not strictly necessary, it costs you money and the debate is still on. Unfortunately the placebo effect is of high importance for bodybuilders.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
It depends on what kind of muscle you want to build, of course.

If you're going for stamina, marathon runner style, then you shouldn't use supplements. If you want to gain lots of muscle weight in a short period, then it's certainly good to get som extra protein.

For anything in between, just use common sense and see how your body reacts to your diet. Some people have a hard time gaining weight with just regular food (such as I), while others haven't.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005

:D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I just noticed your sig Rehan. You really going to Al Sadd? That's interesting. It would be uber cool if you get to train with Felipe Jorge and Feindouno:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 156)