Gym and fitness (13 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Aiight, so anth_nenna. I have football practice tommorow, and I've developed into a 'routine' of eating 2 bananas, and downing a Gatorade 5 minutes before it starts, as well as drinking water inbetween. Will this set me for optimum energy to play?
Yeah bananas are really good energy and they digest quickly. But if your like me, eating and drinking all of that 5 minutes before working will cause you to puke everywhere and it just slows you down. I prefer to eat 30 minutes before and hydrate 15 minutes before. I also sip a bottle while i work out. You don't wanna scull all your water and then get stomach pains either. But yeah, what you're drinking and eating is good.

i'm curious as to what you guys prefer, when doing bench press, do you do the elbows out or in technique or have them somewhere in between, or vary it?
I actually prefer using dumbells. It seems to put less pressure on my triceps and isolate my chest more. I used to bench with the bar a lot though, and i used wide elbows.. trying to take the pressure off my triceps and back onto my chest.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
well if you take advice from anyone when it comes to building muscle... look no further than Mike Mentzer. The guy is simply a genius. Maybe not the most celebrated body builder in history, but one of the smartest for sure.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
well if you take advice from anyone when it comes to building muscle... look no further than Mike Mentzer. The guy is simply a genius. Maybe not the most celebrated body builder in history, but one of the smartest for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqR0-ndcNwU
Mike was a legend, no doubt, but his "high intensity training" had a few flaws, like too much rest between workouts.

I talked with him back in 1995, and did his workouts for a little while, but ended up back with the conventional training methods, which worked better for me

btw- Mike died a few years back and soon after, his brother (seen in the video) committed suicide

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Mike was a legend, no doubt, but his "high intensity training" had a few flaws, like too much rest between workouts.

I talked with him back in 1995, and did his workouts for a little while, but ended up back with the conventional training methods, which worked better for me

btw- Mike died a few years back and soon after, his brother (seen in the video) committed suicide
REALLY YOU MET HIM?? That's awesome, i wish he trained me.
Yes you're right about the rest part, he claims you should rest up to 6 days. I think rest is a subjective thing, it depends how your body feels but if it feels like it hurts a bit working out is simply a no no. I usually feel up to it after 3 days, but if you're not hurting for that long you should seriously consider changing your workout if its muscle building that you're interest in. Muscle soreness indicates intensity and growth. The guy in his video had to rest 8 days after a workout with Mike! Jeez.

So that's how he died. Sad indeed. I wonder what drove him to it. He was certainly a valuable asset to body building.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
yo vinnie any new programs i should hop on? getting a bit tired of the same motions
crossfit.com

different, challenging, short and intense workouts daily

using that, as well as fine tuning the diet, and my bodyweight has gone from 187 lbs to 174 lbs in less than 2 months

REALLY YOU MET HIM?? That's awesome, i wish he trained me.
Yes you're right about the rest part, he claims you should rest up to 6 days. I think rest is a subjective thing, it depends how your body feels but if it feels like it hurts a bit working out is simply a no no. I usually feel up to it after 3 days, but if you're not hurting for that long you should seriously consider changing your workout if its muscle building that you're interest in. Muscle soreness indicates intensity and growth. The guy in his video had to rest 8 days after a workout with Mike! Jeez.

So that's how he died. Sad indeed. I wonder what drove him to it. He was certainly a valuable asset to body building.
I never met him, I talked with him on the phone for over an hour (we have a mutual friend)...he was a real intense guy

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
crossfit.com

different, challenging, short and intense workouts daily

using that, as well as fine tuning the diet, and my bodyweight has gone from 187 lbs to 174 lbs in less than 2 months

I never met him, I talked with him on the phone for over an hour (we have a mutual friend)...he was a real intense guy
Yo Vin, i got an important football trial in a month, do u know of any crossfit workouts which would be suited to helping for football fitness/stregnth?

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
Yo Vin, i got an important football trial in a month, do u know of any crossfit workouts which would be suited to helping for football fitness/stregnth?
any of the workouts shown will improve your fitness and strength...I've never been stronger or faster

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Anyone have any experience for Levator Scapulae pain? Know some useful stretches or any sort of remedy to make it go away?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I know more than that guy.

He's a retard and he's dangerous. There are no two ways about it. Just look at the way he died FFS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)