Gym and fitness (20 Viewers)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
He grew up in my childhood neighbourhood!
really? i only knew he was swedish, he's a black belt in kyokushin karate, that's how i met him, he was in england and was training at a nearby club and i sparred with him, one of my karate mentors fought him in a world championship fight, he's huge though, i felt like a midget lol :cry:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
dolph lundgren, he played drago in rocky IV, i've sparred with him, he's a great fighter and a very nice guy

yes, of course I know who he is......

i used to admire his movies growing up
well, it figures you liked him in Rocky IV, being a commie and all !! :p

I heard a lot of bad things about creatine and I don't think I would ever use it.

Out of all products I would only consider whey proteins.
nothing wrong with creatine

me too, was the strangest thing sparring with him, when i was a kid watching rocky IV would have never thought in a few years i would fight the guy even though it was just sparring
really? i only knew he was swedish, he's a black belt in kyokushin karate, that's how i met him, he was in england and was training at a nearby club and i sparred with him, one of my karate mentors fought him in a world championship fight, he's huge though, i felt like a midget lol :cry:
was the sparring kickboxing or just regular boxing, and did he tell you "I must break you" ??!! :)

About water retention that affects humens body on somewhat negative way.Like it's bad for higher risk of injury to muscles,it may be bad for the kidneys,abnormal heart rhythm etc.
not all creatine products cause water retention

I use titrated creatine (1 scoop post workout), and I've had no problems with water retention, or side effects

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
was the sparring kickboxing or just regular boxing, and did he tell you "I must break you" ??!! :)
karate sparring, he didn't lol, i expected him to be like the rocky character but he was nothing like that, very amicable guy, he was talking to my dad about engineering, was so random :lol:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
me too, was the strangest thing sparring with him, when i was a kid watching rocky IV would have never thought in a few years i would fight the guy even though it was just sparring
dude that has to be the coolest claim to fame ever!! Rocky is the best inspiration. Though i cant say i was inspired by Dragos physique as much as i was by Rocky. Even his intercostals were ripped!
Which brings me to a question. What exactly are intercostals and how do you work them out? I always said they were a mix of lats and obliques. No one ever gave me a straight answer though.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
dude that has to be the coolest claim to fame ever!! Rocky is the best inspiration. Though i cant say i was inspired by Dragos physique as much as i was by Rocky. Even his intercostals were ripped!
Which brings me to a question. What exactly are intercostals and how do you work them out? I always said they were a mix of lats and obliques. No one ever gave me a straight answer though.
it's near ur chest, lats and above the obliques, i've heard of people getting injuries there, but not working them out, to see them you just need a very ripped body with a low body fat percentage, i'll try and ask someone with more knowledge than me, read this article, may help

Eating right, doing cardiovascular workouts, and weight training will put you on the road to success in losing bodyfat and getting into better shape. However, when you lose the desired amount of fat from your body you'll want a smaller, tighter midsection to enhance your body's appearance. To do this you'll want to regularly train your abdominal and oblique muscles.

The midsection is made up of different muscles you'll want to train to improve your body's shape. These muscles are the upper abs, the lower abs, the obliques, and the intercostals. The upper and lower abs are simply the top and bottom muscles of the abdominals. The obliques are the muscles on the sides of your midsection that are covered up if you have love handles. The intercostal muscles are above the obliques and in front of the lats. They are only visible if you're extremely ripped and have a finger-like appearance.

The upper abdominals are relatively easy to work by doing regular, machine, ball, or cable crunches. Sit-ups are great for the upper abs as well, although you may be working the hip flexors more than the abs. Doing sit-ups on a declined bench will really work your upper abs and the rest of your midsection, especially if you twist your body on the way up.

The lower abdominal muscles will certainly get some work from your upper ab training, but you'll still want to do some exercises to focus on them more directly. Leg raises, whether you're lying on a bench or doing them upright will do wonders for your lower abs. If you do leg raises upright, try to do them on something with back support so you don't swing your body back and forth too much.

The oblique muscles can be trained by doing side bends with or without weight. You can do side bends standing upright or on a machine that allows you to lie sideways at an angle for a fuller range of motion. You can also lie sideways on a crunch machine to hit the obliques hard.

Since the intercostals are very small and rarely visible you don't have to do exercises specifically for them. Twisting your body during your ab exercises should be enough.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
take the yoke out first remember... so much cholesterol in the yoke and not much protein. Its all in the white of it. I put 2 egg whites in my protein shake after my workout. Then eat chicken, steak, or tuna for dinner. Then before i go to bed i have cheese or milk because casein protein suits the recovery process while you sleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)