Gym and fitness (63 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
man, I dont know where to go with this one...

a month in the gym isnt enough time to see any noticable differences...you have to be more patient

and weight training can be just as beneficial as running, if not better for losing weight (you have to stick with it)

I recommend weight training and a heavy duty dose of sprints for losing weight...also, what the hell are you eating ?? Smoking is also out of the question !!
saved me the bother there vinny, that is what i was saying. bulking up with weight helps you lose weight in the long run as it burns more energy, hence burning fat

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Incorrect. Fried eggs do not have the same amout of nutrition as raw or boiled ones. If you don't like your eggs raw or believe that it's risky to eat, boil them.
I've yet to see a report that says otherwise...but I guess if you dont like your eggs fried because of extra fat (I use nonfat cooking spray), then you could poach them as well

raw eggs are bad news

Oct 3, 2004
Can one of you's experienced gym-goers/body builders give me a simple program + diet? Seriously, I wanna do this on my own.

I don't want to look like Arnold. I just want a few cuts to look good. (read: sexy) :p

I'm 26, 1m70 (approx?), weigh 65kgs, and as you may have figured out already - I'm skinny as f*ck.

My diet includes alot of salads, fruits, meat, dairy products, cake & ice cream, with some junk.

I have high metabolism which means I eat like a bear, yet never grow any fat. (although, medically they say the fat is stored and it accummulates, which is dangerous for "skinny-fat" people like myself...I read an article on it)

Thanks for your help.

I play football twice a week, and swim a few laps once a week.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Can one of you's experienced gym-goers/body builders give me a simple program + diet? Seriously, I wanna do this on my own.

I don't want to look like Arnold. I just want a few cuts to look good. (read: sexy) :p

I'm 26, 1m70 (approx?), weigh 65kgs, and as you may have figured out already - I'm skinny as f*ck.

My diet includes alot of salads, fruits, meat, dairy products, cake & ice cream, with some junk.

I have high metabolism which means I eat like a bear, yet never grow any fat. (although, medically they say the fat is stored and it accummulates, which is dangerous for "skinny-fat" people like myself...I read an article on it)

Thanks for your help.

I play football twice a week, and swim a few laps once a week.
I have high metabolism too and like I said earlier in the thread, you need to eat even more. You think that you eat like a bear but you don't. No reason to eat junk food and cake. Pasta, meat and nuts (not peanuts) are your best friends. Eat five proper meals a day.

Start with breakfast. Oat meal with bananas, raisins, nuts, honey and a few drops of good oil (such as olive) is delicious and nutritious. Add a sandwitch with butter and eggs/ham/cheese to it. Continue in the same pattern the rest of the day.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I dont recommend anyone comsuming raw eggs, unless you want a good case of salmonella (food poisoning)

yes...they are the banana-growing capital of the world (Borat told me !! ;) )

man, I dont know where to go with this one...

a month in the gym isnt enough time to see any noticable differences...you have to be more patient

and weight training can be just as beneficial as running, if not better for losing weight (you have to stick with it)

I recommend weight training and a heavy duty dose of sprints for losing weight...also, what the hell are you eating ?? Smoking is also out of the question !!
It's all quite simple. Lift some weights, do some cardio and you're bound to look better. As for running, I wouldn't exactly recommend sprints if you want to lose weights, however, you'll need to do some tough training. Running more than 5 kilometres is a waste IMO. You need to do shorter distances at a high pace.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I did not agree with that part and wanted to be sure that I understood it correctly before responding to it.

Did you have anything else to add?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Losing weight. If your goal is running a marathon, you'll need to go beyond 5.
Exactly, and run minutes instead of miles. Run like 15 or minutes at high pace and you'll get a better workout than 5 miles at a slower pace. Unless of course its your "long" day. The day once a week where you run slow for about 45 minutes. Its an easy day that gives your muscles a chance to rest will still keeping your cardio going.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
It's all quite simple. Lift some weights, do some cardio and you're bound to look better. As for running, I wouldn't exactly recommend sprints if you want to lose weights, however, you'll need to do some tough training. Running more than 5 kilometres is a waste IMO. You need to do shorter distances at a high pace.
which pretty much means sprinting

and yes, sprinting IS the best way to shed pounds

you ever seen a fat sprinter ? Last time I checked, they were ripped to the bone

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
which pretty much means sprinting

you ever seen a fat sprinter ? Last time I checked, they were ripped to the bone
Vin, sprinters don't lose weight because they sprint. What they do is run like 4x 400m or 4x 800m with short breaks between the different laps. The last few runs are very arguably sprints.

They don't just sprint in training you know.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Vin, sprinters don't lose weight because they sprint. What they do is run like 4x 400m or 4x 800m with short breaks between the different laps. The last few runs are very arguably sprints.

They don't just sprint in training you know.
Sometimes they do, but on short distances like 40 or 60m, to work on acceleration and shit like that.

Geof

May 14, 2004

I'd disagree. Sprinting makes you burn a lot of calories, but that's energy, not fat. You actually use sugar and don't burn fat.

Form what I understand, it's better to have a low intensity work out,at around 60% of your max heart rate (for a 20-25 year old, that would be +/- 126-132 Heatbeats/minute).
Why do you think women are training with leight weights and long, slow runs? These exercices actually burn fat and don't grow muscles.

That's a pretty weak argument. Look at long distance runners. They're skinny as hell. Sprinters are more muscle based, as they need more explosivity.

And btw, football players also rely on sprints, which they do several times a week in training, and that didn't stop some of them to have a small belly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)