Gym and fitness (19 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I've always used MyProtein (I'm British), never had an problems with any of their products. I've used the impact whey protein for 2 years, but also things like Thermo Extreme, ZMA, other supplements as well. The choice of protein flavours is ridiculous tbh. They tend to be good quality and are always well reviewed across the board. The Hut Group owns them and they are a decent sized chain here so you know it's not shit that goes into them.
I like chains like The Hut group for their non protein stuff, since they are cheap in big quantities

However, I advice to only purchase protein which has a legal certificate that compells them to deviate less then 5% from the label

Protein powder without such certificate , either are disgustingly underdoses (50-60% instead of 82-85%), or take 50% and spike it with a cheap amino acid so a simple test says its 80% , while only 60% is usefull

- - - Updated - - -

2000 per week?

I've been working like a donkey this month. Strength has increased but put on no weight. Increasing (good) food intake isn't as easy as you would think
I eat 4500 - 5000 calories and 25 gram of salt per day. If i'd eat trash my bloodpressure would be though the roof.

Its exceptionally easy to increase good food intake. Its a challenge to be consistant with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit, no per day

If you normally eat 2500 kcal, try adding 1000-2000 each day

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
How can I get big muscles when I'm ectomorph? I got those cardio muscles and not those muscles that girls like :(
I'm shit at running and was more out of shape at the time but after a few weeks I could do 22. Pacing myself was always the problem.

I don't do any kind of timed distances now. Doing a lot of HIIT and sprints, I was always pretty fast so it's actually enjoyable.

Gym is a bit quieter now, whoopie.

- - - Updated - - -

I've always used MyProtein (I'm British), never had an problems with any of their products. I've used the impact whey protein for 2 years, but also things like Thermo Extreme, ZMA, other supplements as well. The choice of protein flavours is ridiculous tbh. They tend to be good quality and are always well reviewed across the board. The Hut Group owns them and they are a decent sized chain here so you know it's not shit that goes into them.

- - - Updated - - -

Same as everybody else, training hard. I see a few guys in my gym who are clearly ectomorphs, but they've trained for at least a couple of years and in some ways the muscles are more pronounced like around the shoulders and biceps, looking pretty rounded compared to more stocky guys such as myself.

Oh, and you can surely get away with eating more surplus than somebody like myself. The good stuff, I mean.
This ectomorph thing is generally bull imo. Right now I'm 'skinny' because I focus on bw moves and lots of sprinting. But in the past I've spent a year doing almost exclusively heavy deadlifts and lots of squats. I gained 8 kg, with less fat than I expected. Ectomorph or not, if you lift heavy and eat a lot, you will gain weight.

Not going to lie though, it took me a lot of lifting and a lot of discipline.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I guess. If you're tall and thin I guess you will stay tall and thin plus muscle. You aren't suddenly going to be become barrel shaped and muscular.
You can become much much heavier though. Initial gains might be harder, but work your body long and hard enough and you will become muscular.

It's all about what type of training you do. The body simply adapts.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
creatine can be useful to supply energy to your muscles plus regular program and a good diet would be perefect for your work out.
Muscles contract by breaking down ATP into ADP. The body cannot store ATP
Creatine breaks down into Creatinine. The body synthesizes creatine by synthesizing 3 aminco acids and passing 2 enzymatic alterations. It will store them in small qualtities in the muscle as a buffer
Muscular glycogene is broken down into single glucosis, which is broken down fully through glycolisis, creb cycle and oxidative fosforylation, producing ALOT of energy.

Breaking down Glycogene is too slow to regenerate ATP. So Creatine is the middle product. Creatinine is regenerated by the oxidation of glucose.

Without consuming proper protein, like a vegan, your creatine storage is 20-25% full. For a vegetarian who either eats fish or dont, or a meat eater who doesnt eat red meat, its 45-60% depending on genetics

People who regularly eat red meat, have 100% filled creatine storage

- Because of the immense amount of enzyms and precursors to enzymes, including AGAT and GAMT , the natural rate is maximaluised
- Because red meat holds a large amount of creatine which the body will recover and wont break down, and because it takes a while to digest red meat, you'll hold most of it

Instead of using silly suplements, make sure that 10% of your weekly protein intake comes from red meat. But make sure its low fat top Sirloin or round of eye steak.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess. If you're tall and thin I guess you will stay tall and thin plus muscle. You aren't suddenly going to be become barrel shaped and muscular.
How much money would you bet on that ?

- - - Updated - - -

the somatotype theory is utter nonsense.
And yet somehow its largely accepted still. Marketting makes fond use of it.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
The fitness industry is full of bullshit.

Wanna get big and strong? Eat, train and sleep. Average gym-goers are overthinking it.

.. and if you are a natural it'll take years. Lifting weights is a marathon.

Oh, and eat your fucken vegetables.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Muscles contract by breaking down ATP into ADP. The body cannot store ATP
Creatine breaks down into Creatinine. The body synthesizes creatine by synthesizing 3 aminco acids and passing 2 enzymatic alterations. It will store them in small qualtities in the muscle as a buffer
Muscular glycogene is broken down into single glucosis, which is broken down fully through glycolisis, creb cycle and oxidative fosforylation, producing ALOT of energy.

Breaking down Glycogene is too slow to regenerate ATP. So Creatine is the middle product. Creatinine is regenerated by the oxidation of glucose.

Without consuming proper protein, like a vegan, your creatine storage is 20-25% full. For a vegetarian who either eats fish or dont, or a meat eater who doesnt eat red meat, its 45-60% depending on genetics

People who regularly eat red meat, have 100% filled creatine storage

- Because of the immense amount of enzyms and precursors to enzymes, including AGAT and GAMT , the natural rate is maximaluised
- Because red meat holds a large amount of creatine which the body will recover and wont break down, and because it takes a while to digest red meat, you'll hold most of it

Instead of using silly suplements, make sure that 10% of your weekly protein intake comes from red meat. But make sure its low fat top Sirloin or round of eye steak.

- - - Updated - - -

How much money would you bet on that ?

- - - Updated - - -

And yet somehow its largely accepted still. Marketting makes fond use of it.
https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/
Good article and explain about creatine clearly.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/
Good article and explain about creatine clearly.
Sorry if i sound bold simiak, but people like you is why such supplements are a billion dollar industry.
I have you a detailed view of how it works. That article is the extremely short conclusion of what i said.

Pay attention this time please

1)
strength increases after creatine supplementation
- Muscular contraction requires ATP, which is broken down into ADP, providing 10^-19 Joule energy, the body cannot store ATP

- The body stores glucosis in a complex branched form in the muscle called muscular glycogene.
***breaking down glycogene into glucosis and oxidating this provides enough energy to regenerate 38 ATP molecules
*** However, this proces is far too slow, we need something to fill in the gap

- Creatine breaks down quickly into creatinine, regenerating ATP molecules. The body can store creatine in small deposits in skeletal muscle

in short :

ATP is broken down into ADP for muscular contraction

Creatine is quickly broken down into creatinine to offer energy for fast ATP regeneration. The body can store creatine. The body can synthesize creatine

Muscular glycogene is the main energy source. Its broken down into single molecule glucose, this is oxidated and provides the energy to regenerate creatinine into creatine.

The amount of creatine in your deposits, determines how much peak energy you have available

Your deposits are 25-50% if you dont eat red meat. Supplementing them will bring them around 80% but not higher. Eating red meat on regular basis will bring them at 100%

You do not need to purchase creatine. You need to eat lean red meat regularly.

- - - Updated - - -

The fitness industry is full of bullshit.

Wanna get big and strong? Eat, train and sleep. Average gym-goers are overthinking it.

.. and if you are a natural it'll take years. Lifting weights is a marathon.

Oh, and eat your fucken vegetables.
Have you seen the guys with their "5% water" cans ? :D

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Sorry if i sound bold simiak, but people like you is why such supplements are a billion dollar industry.
I have you a detailed view of how it works. That article is the extremely short conclusion of what i said.

Pay attention this time please

1)

- Muscular contraction requires ATP, which is broken down into ADP, providing 10^-19 Joule energy, the body cannot store ATP

- The body stores glucosis in a complex branched form in the muscle called muscular glycogene.
***breaking down glycogene into glucosis and oxidating this provides enough energy to regenerate 38 ATP molecules
*** However, this proces is far too slow, we need something to fill in the gap

- Creatine breaks down quickly into creatinine, regenerating ATP molecules. The body can store creatine in small deposits in skeletal muscle

in short :

ATP is broken down into ADP for muscular contraction

Creatine is quickly broken down into creatinine to offer energy for fast ATP regeneration. The body can store creatine. The body can synthesize creatine

Muscular glycogene is the main energy source. Its broken down into single molecule glucose, this is oxidated and provides the energy to regenerate creatinine into creatine.

The amount of creatine in your deposits, determines how much peak energy you have available

Your deposits are 25-50% if you dont eat red meat. Supplementing them will bring them around 80% but not higher. Eating red meat on regular basis will bring them at 100%

You do not need to purchase creatine. You need to eat lean red meat regularly.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you seen the guys with their "5% water" cans ? :D
Thank you for replaying back.it's my own exprience.i've always really noticed difference when using creatine,i have a kilo of it in the press will run it again for onother.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)