Gym and fitness (14 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zack, whats your take on Bone Broth protein? Can it replace Whey as daily use?
A person who desires to build muscle should have an optimal intake of quality protein, which is 2.0-2.5 gram / kg bodyweight per day

Protein is build from a combination of 20 different amino acids.

- 11 amino acids can be produced by the body by breaking down tissue, or modifying other amino acids you are
- 9 amino acids cannot be produced by the body, these are the essential amino acids. For infants, add arginine as 10th.
- Protein synthesis will shut down once you run out of one amino acid.
- amino acids are required in different quantities

Below is a breakdown of the ratio of essential amino acids you need if you need 15 grams

histidine: 795.2 mg.
isoleucine: 1079.2 mg.
leucine: 2385.6 mg.
lysine: 2158.4 mg.
methionine + cysteine: 1079.2 mg.
phenylalanine + tyrosine: 1874.4 mg.
threonine: 1136.0 mg.
tryptophan: 284.0 mg.
valine: 1363.2 mg.

- 'complete protein profile' means the protein containsall 20 amino acids
- 'quality protein' means the protein has a complete profile, and the ratio in which the 20 amino acids are present, is similar to the requirements for your protein synthesis.

complete profile protein :

- Red&white meat
- fish
- diary products
- whey of any kind (whey is a residual product when refining raw cow milk)
- a metric ton of broccoli

quality protein profile :

- Sirloin(top/tender/mid)
- chicken breast

You need to make sure you get your daily intake of quality protein. Thats it. Whey is an easy way to increase it. The type of whey doesnt matter unless you are a high performance athlete or bodybuilder.

Your broth protein costs 45 euro for 440 grams. My "all day protein" mix, costs 45 euro for 2500 grams.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
A person who desires to build muscle should have an optimal intake of quality protein, which is 2.0-2.5 gram / kg bodyweight per day

Protein is build from a combination of 20 different amino acids.

- 11 amino acids can be produced by the body by breaking down tissue, or modifying other amino acids you are
- 9 amino acids cannot be produced by the body, these are the essential amino acids. For infants, add arginine as 10th.
- Protein synthesis will shut down once you run out of one amino acid.
- amino acids are required in different quantities

Below is a breakdown of the ratio of essential amino acids you need if you need 15 grams

histidine: 795.2 mg.
isoleucine: 1079.2 mg.
leucine: 2385.6 mg.
lysine: 2158.4 mg.
methionine + cysteine: 1079.2 mg.
phenylalanine + tyrosine: 1874.4 mg.
tryptophan: 284.0 mg.
valine: 1363.2 mg.

- 'complete protein profile' means the protein containsall 20 amino acids
- 'quality protein' means the protein has a complete profile, and the ratio in which the 20 amino acids are present, is similar to the requirements for your protein synthesis.

complete profile protein :

- Red&white meat
- fish
- diary products
- whey of any kind (whey is a residual product when refining raw cow milk)
- a metric ton of broccoli

quality protein profile :

- Sirloin(top/tender/mid)
- chicken breast

You need to make sure you get your daily intake of quality protein. Thats it. Whey is an easy way to increase it. The type of whey doesnt matter unless you are a high performance athlete or bodybuilder.

Your broth protein costs 45 euro for 440 grams. My "all day protein" mix, costs 45 euro for 2500 grams.
Thanks for your response.

Putting the price aside, your saying there's no added benefits from using Bone Broth protein?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Sometimes, you really want to reach goals in life, but get all the adversity you can think off.
On 19/11/2016 i wanted to break a belgian deadlift record of the active generation.
As some of you know, that didnt quite worked out the way i wanted it to be

This has been my journey.

-20/08/2016 (start of accumulation phase) Theoretic max of two blocks : 336kg

-10/09/2016 (peaking part of accumulation phase, high overloading, no supercompensation) actual max of one block : 330kg

-28/09/2016 : accident with bike, severe L5/S1 discus hernia. Visited one docter who wanted to keep me at home for 2/3 months and stop powerlifting. Saw another one who's more experienced with this (and 3x more expensive) who wanted to look at it on week to week basis. Predicted i might be able to restart training halfway 2017, but cant expect to excell in strenght anymore

-03/10/2016 : start mobility excercises in the gym, high on painkillers

-10/10/2016 : return to work in constant pain, but Ibuprofene is cool and voltare patches are awesome

-24/10/2016 : started squatting again, up to 160kg*3. Everything feels terrible and i need to spend 5 minutes foamrolling and 25 minutes spinal decompression to lower the pain

-05/11/2016 : First time 200kg squat

-09/11/2016 : restarted deadlifting with 120 kg

-12/11/2016 : first time 200kg deadlift

-19/11/2016 : belgian championship wpc affliated federations. Docter allowed me to participate for benchpress only. Didnt listen and did 200squat, 170 bench, 260 deadlift

-25/11/2016 : hernia got worse again on the right side during squat warmup. Stopped squatting

-28/11/2016 : started doing frontsquats only.

-12/12/2016 : using sheiko template for percentages, sets n reps, but not the volume, restarted my 4 week adaptation block. Frontsquats only.

-02/02/2017 : set font squat max at 200kg. No hernia reflares

-06/01/2017 : last fryday of the 4 week block. did backsquats, ended at 3*220kg. deadlifts at 275*2

-09/01/2017 : restart the complete adaptationblock at 200(frontsquat), 265(backsquat, on monday of w1 and w3), 320 deadlift

-06/02/2017 : start of accumulation block

-11/02/2017 : theoretic max of two blocks : 330kg

Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I was bench pressing and one of the trainers that work at my gym approached me and told me I should use a thumbless grip and proceeded to name the benefits lol.

I was liek yeah thank you but I don't wanna get killed by a barbell and some weights.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
What is a theoretic max of two blocks?
'block deadlifts' are a variation in which the bar is raised from the ground onto deadlift blocks. This is to target the Erector spinae muscle specifically, the prime strenght muscle for conventional deadlifts.

if you'd do full range deadlifts, you are limited in volume and intensity(%max) that your lower back can recover from, between workouts.

Therefore, you combine full range deadlifts, with upper/lower section deadlifts for a greatly increased result.

as a general rule of the thumb :

full range deadlift :
- full range 3*80% or 2*85% rep range
- full range with pauze below the knee : 2/3 * 75%
- full range with pause above the knee : 2/3 * 80%
- 1+ 1/2 deadlift : 2 * 80% (i have a beltless standing belgian training record in this :D )

bottom section deadlift
- deficit deadlift: (you stand on 10cm height) : 2/3 * 70%
- deadlift up to knee's : 2/4 * 75%

upper section deadlift
- deadlift from blocks : 4*85% , 3*90% , 1-3*95% , 2*100%

A theoretic max is : <Lifted weight> + (<lifted weight> * <reps> * 0.0333)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I was bench pressing and one of the trainers that work at my gym approached me and told me I should use a thumbless grip and proceeded to name the benefits lol.

I was liek yeah thank you but I don't wanna get killed by a barbell and some weights.
Douches gonna douche. In commercial gyms I always wear headphones, there are simply too many bros giving "advice" and wanting to chat.

That said out of douche-hours people are usually kool.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity Zach. How are you build? I'm specifically thinking legs to torso ratio and arms to torso ratio?

I myself is a lanky motherfucker. Squats suck but my deadlifts are pure sex 'cause I hardly have to move the weight due arms and legs length.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Douches gonna douche. In commercial gyms I always wear headphones, there are simply too many bros giving "advice" and wanting to chat.

That said out of douche-hours people are usually kool.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity Zach. How are you build? I'm specifically thinking legs to torso ratio and arms to torso ratio?

I myself is a lanky motherfucker. Squats suck but my deadlifts are pure sex 'cause I hardly have to move the weight due arms and legs length.
In therms of lenght i'd say fair distribution, altho beeing 1m91 tall, benchpress is always tricky unless you got insane arms.
..which is the major issue. My muscularity on calves hams, quads, central back, traps, chest, adonis belt(dat fat look), and shoulders is satisfactory, but my arms are too small. Which is why my bench is significantly lacking compared to DL and squat

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Some people..

I can understand a trainer warning you when your form is off, but thumbless bench pressing is more of a novelty thing.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So apparently I have reached a limit in my snatch and that's a very low weight. The reason is that I am not using my upper body properly at the beginning of the movement. The coach told me to do it from raised platforms, damn how difficult that was but what a difference it made. I will add this to my routine to keep be able to work the upper body movement more.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Some people..

I can understand a trainer warning you when your form is off, but thumbless bench pressing is more of a novelty thing.
Its downright dangerous and forbidden in each and every competiton.

- - - Updated - - -

So apparently I have reached a limit in my snatch and that's a very low weight. The reason is that I am not using my upper body properly at the beginning of the movement. The coach told me to do it from raised platforms, damn how difficult that was but what a difference it made. I will add this to my routine to keep be able to work the upper body movement more.
Our of curiousity, how does your spine feels when doing it from boxes ?

I struggle a great deal with it since i cannot get proper rigidity in the movement.

I'm the most unflexible person in the world tho, might be that too

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I'm gaining muscle (noob gains) at a satisfactory rate but my strength hasn't progressed as much.

Is there a way to gain more strength without sacrificing muscle gains? I know that I should lift heavier with less volume if I want to gain more strength but would that mean less muscle gains?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'm gaining muscle (noob gains) at a satisfactory rate but my strength hasn't progressed as much.

Is there a way to gain more strength without sacrificing muscle gains? I know that I should lift heavier with less volume if I want to gain more strength but would that mean less muscle gains?
more muscle = more strenght at your level

increase fatfree bodymass

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

If you wanna stay natural, focus on strength until you've reached intermediate strength levels.

Doing sets of 4x8x45 kg dumbbell press is greater for building muscles than 28 kg dumbbells. Being a natty is a marathon.

And eat. Simple. Eat, eat, eat.

Oh, and building muscle and strength is the same side of the coin. You can't build one without the other, it's rather what you wanna focus on. (hypertrophy or strength)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)