Gym and fitness (66 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I only had 40min to complete my workout today because my parents decided to "pop by". Think I've found a programme that I'll be doing once a week.

I went 25 pushups, 30 crunches, 8 pull ups, 8 rows and then two minutes of skipping rope all without breaks. Felt like I was dying at the end of each cycle, then I rested up for two minutes and repeated 6 times.

My body feels like it was hit by a freight train carrying another freight train. Was so close to throwing up after I was done.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
I did my first o-lifting session with my PT yest too, man it's not easy, it's not at all easy, but I loved it. Power lifts are great, but this is something else. Like power lifts make you feel powerful, o-lifts let you use that power, it engages everything too. You'll love it!

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
On Monday I am going to a club to learn some olympic weight lifting.

:tup:

Some motivational pics from a guy lighter then most runners

- - - Updated - - -

I only had 40min to complete my workout today because my parents decided to "pop by". Think I've found a programme that I'll be doing once a week.

I went 25 pushups, 30 crunches, 8 pull ups, 8 rows and then two minutes of skipping rope all without breaks. Felt like I was dying at the end of each cycle, then I rested up for two minutes and repeated 6 times.

My body feels like it was hit by a freight train carrying another freight train. Was so close to throwing up after I was done.

High density bodyweight excercises are a good way to increase all kinds of stuff for the body :tup:

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
@Zacheryah

I'm trying to extend my rage of leg workouts. Would you recommend hang cleans?

I was watching videos of people performing them, and maybe it's just my lack of trying them, but I can't see how they would effectively work the quads as well as the various types of squats?

At present I use the following

deadlifts, squats, leg press, kettlebell squats, seated and standing calf raises and bumbbell lunges.

I'm confident I have my technique down for most of those, but I just wanna change it up and introduce a couple of different exercises to keep my legs guessing :)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
100 kg snatch, fucking awesome.
Yeah, i got huge respect to lighter weight/powerlifters, both male and female, who can pull crazy weights compared to their body weight.

I mean, just balancing out that 100kg snatch alone, fucking insane.

Btw, thats 115, the locks are 2.5kg each, and the red'ish plate is 5 kg iirc

- - - Updated - - -

@Zacheryah

I'm trying to extend my rage of leg workouts. Would you recommend hang cleans?

I was watching videos of people performing them, and maybe it's just my lack of trying them, but I can't see how they would effectively work the quads as well as the various types of squats?

At present I use the following

deadlifts, squats, leg press, kettlebell squats, seated and standing calf raises and bumbbell lunges.

I'm confident I have my technique down for most of those, but I just wanna change it up and introduce a couple of different exercises to keep my legs guessing :)
You are allready doing alot. I'm not familliar with the olympic excercises in order of the bodyparts they focus on.
But what i'd do is make a base routine, and alternate certain excercises

Like, i'm doing alot of squat work. 4 workout sets a week (well, 2 trainings have me doing 2x squats). From those 4 workout sets at the moment, 1 or 2 are regular squats. 1 is frontsquats so i can wreck my quads without straining my posterior chain to much cause i'm doing destructive deadlift loads, and 1 is squat pauzed on the way down. Because you make sure you wreck every single musclefibre instead of 60%,it also improves posture.

Training is about making the body respond.I'd stick to not too many excercises, but have variants that you can swap into every two weeks or so

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Sound advice, I guess reading back on the exercises I posted that there's enough variances there already.

I do need to start trying front squats however, just always thought that they looked a little awkward to perform

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
dont attempt the olympic grip, that requires extreme flexibility, make the cross
??? The Olympic grip is the best way to approach it, it's hard the first few tries but when you adjust its a much better way to do it and helps prep you for o-lifts.

- - - Updated - - -

Fint, have you tried overhead squats or paused overhead squats, they will really engage your muscles!

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
??? The Olympic grip is the best way to approach it, it's hard the first few tries but when you adjust its a much better way to do it and helps prep you for o-lifts.

- - - Updated - - -

Fint, have you tried overhead squats or paused overhead squats, they will really engage your muscles!
No neither of them.

I ought to start off with a lighter weight then I'm doing with regular squats though I'd assume?

Until I'm comfortable with doing them like?

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
No neither of them.

I ought to start off with a lighter weight then I'm doing with regular squats though I'd assume?

Until I'm comfortable with doing them like?
I'm doing 30kgs, down from 100kgs, I started doing them a few weeks back to start getting ready for o-lifts. Def start with an unloaded bar, hold the bar above the back of your head.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I'm doing 30kgs, down from 100kgs, I started doing them a few weeks back to start getting ready for o-lifts. Def start with an unloaded bar, hold the bar above the back of your head.
Thanks for that bud, I'll most definitely be giving that a try next leg day.

I get bad pains in my knees and ankles because of my job which pretty much requires me to be on my feet all day. It in fact stopped me from cardio and most leg workouts for the past 6 months but i think with the right level of caution, technique and various knee and ankle supports I'll be able to build muscle in these areas and hopefully reduce the amount of pain they cause me.

Or at least that's what I've been told?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
dont attempt the olympic grip, that requires extreme flexibility, make the cross

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe try to transition to the olympic grip, but do your initial work sets with the cross grip? They don't require extreme flexibility imo, but the olympic grip can be a bit awkward at first.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Thanks for that bud, I'll most definitely be giving that a try next leg day.

I get bad pains in my knees and ankles because of my job which pretty much requires me to be on my feet all day. It in fact stopped me from cardio and most leg workouts for the past 6 months but i think with the right level of caution, technique and various knee and ankle supports I'll be able to build muscle in these areas and hopefully reduce the amount of pain they cause me.

Or at least that's what I've been told?
That tallies with everything I've hard about strength and conditioning training, slowly build up and concurrently work on your flexibility. I had big problems with my back in February, but I've dropped the weights I was doing back and started deadlifting too and now it's basically gone

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Maybe try to transition to the olympic grip, but do your initial work sets with the cross grip? They don't require extreme flexibility imo, but the olympic grip can be a bit awkward at first.
Ya the cross grip looks that little bit more easy to start out with.

Sorry for all the questions guys but will the front squat engage the quads better then regular squats?

I find that the latter always works the glutes more but i hope that's not down to poor techique?

That tallies with everything I've hard about strength and conditioning training, slowly build up and concurrently work on your flexibility. I had big problems with my back in February, but I've dropped the weights I was doing back and started deadlifting too and now it's basically gone
glad to hear it, nothing worse than back problems. Makes doing anything gym related nigh on impossible.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
front squats are there to engage the quads/glutes, without straining the posterior chain to much.

My schedule starts with some insane deadlifting, so to keep the volume on the quads, i have frontsquats once instead of regulars

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
front squats are there to engage the quads/glutes, without straining the posterior chain to much.

My schedule starts with some insane deadlifting, so to keep the volume on the quads, i have frontsquats once instead of regulars
Sweet, thanks Zach :tup:

Only thing I prefer doing over legs is back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)