Gym and fitness (32 Viewers)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Why am I hurt? I am discussing this with you because you're the most knowledgeable person here on the subject.

From now on, I will not take seriously those who are both fat and religious because they aren't following Jesus' steps. Luckily, you are in a great shape buddy.
well technically the body is your temple so if your fat and lazy, then yes your not being a good religious of any type because God gave you your body to take care of, just like other humans , animals and the planet. We need to be good stewards of all God's creation

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
well technically the body is your temple so if your fat and lazy, then yes your not being a good religious of any type because God gave you your body to take care of, just like other humans , animals and the planet. We need to be good stewards of all God's creation
So when you gained a couple of pounds, did you confess?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I am not speaking of Caloric decrease I am speaking of the right kind of calories and foods. Not empty calories, but nutrient rich calories. Theres a difference. The first way you starve the later you eat and eat well just good foods and not junk
Weightloss is about lower caloric intake then calories burned.
As long as your intake is lower, you can eat just about anything you want.

Its bad for your cardiovascular system and potentially muscle tissue fabric, but for weightloss its totally fine.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Weightloss is about lower caloric intake then calories burned.
As long as your intake is lower, you can eat just about anything you want.

Its bad for your cardiovascular system and potentially muscle tissue fabric, but for weightloss its totally fine.
yes I get that but if you change the density of calories and up the cardio you can still eat what you would like, loose weight and not starve

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
@Zacheryah, a question for you if you are willing to answer.

What is the best food and what time to eat it before a proper 90 minutes football match? Now I prefer not to eat anything if I can't eat two hours before the match minimum, because I feel too heavy otherwise.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
@Zacheryah, a question for you if you are willing to answer.

What is the best food and what time to eat it before a proper 90 minutes football match? Now I prefer not to eat anything if I can't eat two hours before the match minimum, because I feel too heavy otherwise.
Easely digested complex carbohydrates at least 1 houre before the game.

Football is mostly endurance for the muscles, you dont burn away the glygogene in there with massive spikes

bread and grain based products come in mind. Pasta if its 2+ hours before the game cause the drowsiness from the port veign drawing blood must have passed.

Simple foods really, light of weight

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Pasta is no good right? I always feel more sleepy if I eat past 2 or more hours before. I tried to just take some snacks few hours before, like sandwiches with a bit of ham and vegatables but I still feel not so well then. The best I feel is if I ate a lot before and go on an empty stomach (maybe eat one or two bananas or something half an hour before warmup).

My main problem is not that I lack energy when I play football if I didn't eat, but I usually eat at 5 and on game days 6-7 o'clock is game time, and then after the game and everything I can only eat at 10.

I'm off to a match in 10 minutes and I stuffed myself with strawberries and cherries about half an hour ago, will see how that works out :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Pasta is no good right? I always feel more sleepy if I eat past 2 or more hours before. I tried to just take some snacks few hours before, like sandwiches with a bit of ham and vegatables but I still feel not so well then. The best I feel is if I ate a lot before and go on an empty stomach (maybe eat one or two bananas or something half an hour before warmup).

My main problem is not that I lack energy when I play football if I didn't eat, but I usually eat at 5 and on game days 6-7 o'clock is game time, and then after the game and everything I can only eat at 10.

I'm off to a match in 10 minutes and I stuffed myself with strawberries and cherries about half an hour ago, will see how that works out :D
Fruit provide some good carbs aswel, just need to take it a bit closer to the game then.

Pasta is a perfect food for your gross carb intake, and it digests rather quickly considering how complex the carb is. However, because of this, pasta goes trough the stomache to the small intestine so fast, and gets broken down and send trough the portal veign so fast, that the portal veign will draw alot of blood trough it.

THis is because the portal veign doesnt circulate to the heart, it connects small intestine with liver, to transport nutrients who then gets metabolised and send to the muscles and organs.
However, the more blood in the portal veign, the less blood circulating the heart, less hemaglobine, less oxygen transport = slower glycolisis, slower brain activity = sleepy and a drop of energy.

Ideally : eat pasta, then take it easy, then be full of dat energy

Any advice on lifting (or not) with a wrist sprain (fuck off Aussies)?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Fruit provide some good carbs aswel, just need to take it a bit closer to the game then.

Pasta is a perfect food for your gross carb intake, and it digests rather quickly considering how complex the carb is. However, because of this, pasta goes trough the stomache to the small intestine so fast, and gets broken down and send trough the portal veign so fast, that the portal veign will draw alot of blood trough it.

THis is because the portal veign doesnt circulate to the heart, it connects small intestine with liver, to transport nutrients who then gets metabolised and send to the muscles and organs.
However, the more blood in the portal veign, the less blood circulating the heart, less hemaglobine, less oxygen transport = slower glycolisis, slower brain activity = sleepy and a drop of energy.

This. I generally do something along the lines of a whole grain pasta, and then snack on fruit immediately before any sort of sustained physical activity.

All these over-the-top paleo/low carb diets these days drive me mental. I mean, you don't want to go crazy with refined sugars and high GI carbs, but relying on protein and fat intake for energy is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Any advice on lifting (or not) with a wrist sprain ($#@! off Aussies)?
What exactly is the wrist injury? Some are worse than others and require a greater amount of rest for recovery. I do about 15-30 minutes of wrist conditioning before most of my workouts, but I do a lot of hand balancing and other static gymnastic work which requires good active flexibility in the wrist. When I had sprained wrist, I continued both olympic lifting and the hand balancing, with a heavily wrapped wrist. It likely slowed down the recovery a little, but in combination with active flexibility work on my wrist, and icing, occasional anti-inflamms, it recovered quite well all the same.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

Yesterday worked, I wasn't hungry, heavy or slow! :)

Eating pasta would be ideal, but I can't eat it more then 2 hours before the match, it's impossible timewise :(

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What exactly is the wrist injury? Some are worse than others and require a greater amount of rest for recovery. I do about 15-30 minutes of wrist conditioning before most of my workouts, but I do a lot of hand balancing and other static gymnastic work which requires good active flexibility in the wrist. When I had sprained wrist, I continued both olympic lifting and the hand balancing, with a heavily wrapped wrist. It likely slowed down the recovery a little, but in combination with active flexibility work on my wrist, and icing, occasional anti-inflamms, it recovered quite well all the same.
I don't know for sure, but it seems like quite a small strain I could only have got from lifting shed roof panels, just an awkward kind of weight to shift.

I used some lighter weights to try curls yesterday and it wasn't too bad, feels better today, so I don't think it's going to be anything serious. I might just wrap it up tight for a couple of weeks.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't know for sure, but it seems like quite a small strain I could only have got from lifting shed roof panels, just an awkward kind of weight to shift.

I used some lighter weights to try curls yesterday and it wasn't too bad, feels better today, so I don't think it's going to be anything serious. I might just wrap it up tight for a couple of weeks.
When i broke 2 metacarpas in my right hand i needed a plaster for 6? weeks. After that my wrist was weak as fuck

Use wrist wraps, as good as possible

http://www.titansupport.com/products/wraps/wrist-wraps/signature-gold/signature-gold-wrist-wraps-12-std.html

This is an example. Best wrist wraps on the market. For wrists i rate em higher then ATP.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Only if you weight over 100kg, and got very little muscle

Note: for those who say "more muscle burns more calories", thats only true when taxed at a same percentage max.

10kg muscles taxed at 70% > 1kg muscles taxed at 70%
However
10kg muscles taxed with 200watt performance < 1kg muscles taxed with 200 watt performance, cause the percentage will be much higher.

Walking falls into the second category.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)