Gym and fitness (49 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
How did it stop, did you cure it somehow or it just stopped (and how long did it take)?

It's really annoying.. and painful.
I don't remember to be honest, it just went away after a while. If it's the same pain I was having, you just need to find what's causing it and eliminate it. Mine hurt, but I could manage. I think yours might be worse.

Could also be excessive masturbation :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I didn't workout for the past 3 days as I've been sick with the flu. I can't wait for tomorrow.

@Dule90, how much weight do you use for lateral raises?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Can you do back bends? They really help, I get slight pain from time to time but it wears out when I do some back bend exercises.
I think I can. But right now I'm afraid to even try as I might die.

I don't remember to be honest, it just went away after a while. If it's the same pain I was having, you just need to find what's causing it and eliminate it. Mine hurt, but I could manage. I think yours might be worse.

Could also be excessive masturbation :D
That's the thing... I don't know what caused it. Actually, there's nothing that I did that can cause it :shifty:

I didn't workout for the past 3 days as I've been sick with the flu. I can't wait for tomorrow.

@Dule90, how much weight do you use for lateral raises?
I stopped lifting weights.

But I when I did it it was light weight. Usually around 10-12kg, mainly because I had problems with collarbone and it went pretty hard on my shoulders.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I stopped lifting weights.

But I when I did it it was light weight. Usually around 10-12kg, mainly because I had problems with collarbone and it went pretty hard on my shoulders.
Oh, didn't know that. Having a break or what?

That's very similar to what I do. That shit's hard.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Oh, didn't know that. Having a break or what?

That's very similar to what I do. That shit's hard.
I hate that exercise. I just used to do it to burn it off at the end of my workouts. But what did wonders for my shoulders (that are pretty big) were bench, incline (especially) and shoulder press.

Weights literally killed me, I started hating doing it and I was even frustrating my brother because I never wanted to go. So I decided to stop and for the past 1-2 months I'm working outside on the bars. At the moment I don't have any intention to return.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Weight is irrelevant for lateral raises. Its definition. Its the small muscles and ligaments of the shoulder.

Form is the utmost important, muscle has to give that burning sensation, cause of the reps, not the weight.

NO not be like the douchebags who are swinging 20kg dumbels cause of momentum and using leg drive and traps. Thats the best way to tear the rotator cuff.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I hate that exercise. I just used to do it to burn it off at the end of my workouts. But what did wonders for my shoulders (that are pretty big) were bench, incline (especially) and shoulder press.

Weights literally killed me, I started hating doing it and I was even frustrating my brother because I never wanted to go. So I decided to stop and for the past 1-2 months I'm working outside on the bars. At the moment I don't have any intention to return.
Yeah, it's the least fav shoulder exercise.

Hmm, gotcha. I guess sometimes the body just tells you it needs a break.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Weight is irrelevant for lateral raises. Its definition. Its the small muscles and ligaments of the shoulder.

Form is the utmost important, muscle has to give that burning sensation, cause of the reps, not the weight.

NO not be like the douchebags who are swinging 20kg dumbels cause of momentum and using leg drive and traps. Thats the best way to tear the rotator cuff.
Zach the burn that you're talking about is lactic acid built up in the muscle right ? . So if someone who wants to do strength training should he keep his reps under 8 to avoid that ?.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Did you fall on it ? :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

no srsly, what kind of pain is it, and when did you got it ?
It's sharp pain and it doesn't really stop, it hurts most of the time. I got it like 2 days ago and I have no idea how that happened.. All I was doing was pull ups and dips (it occurred me that it might happened when I fell down on ground while doing dips, since it's like 40cm fall when I land.. and I was jumping like 20-30 times but it sounds retarded, no?). Other than that I was just walking a lot, but it's not like it's anything new as I always walk a lot. Other than that I have NO activity that could result this shit. I feel the pain on the right side of it, so when I walk I feel the pain, when I stand on my right leg I feel it and it's pretty bad. Yesterday it didn't hurt much, but it started when I was watching a movie and after 2 hours I decided to stand up, so I even had some troubles sleeping. And today when I woke up I felt like half of Tuz played with my anus, I think I was walking like a cowboy. It stopped hurting during the day but it came back like 2h ago. Now even while sitting I feel a little bit of it, but I know if I stand up it's gonna be a real bitch

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zach the burn that you're talking about is lactic acid built up in the muscle right ? . So if someone who wants to do strength training should he keep his reps under 8 to avoid that ?.
Lactic acid build up isnt neccecarely bad, but only helps with increasing muscle and size.

Strenght training is lower reps on compound excercises, because you want to increase muscle density, the neural parts, connecive tissue (the core), and the way muscles work togheter

With high reps, you only tax one muscle, not the whole bunch, they dont learn to work togheter

It's sharp pain and it doesn't really stop, it hurts most of the time. I got it like 2 days ago and I have no idea how that happened.. All I was doing was pull ups and dips (it occurred me that it might happened when I fell down on ground while doing dips, since it's like 40cm fall when I land.. and I was jumping like 20-30 times but it sounds retarded, no?). Other than that I was just walking a lot, but it's not like it's anything new as I always walk a lot. Other than that I have NO activity that could result this shit. I feel the pain on the right side of it, so when I walk I feel the pain, when I stand on my right leg I feel it and it's pretty bad. Yesterday it didn't hurt much, but it started when I was watching a movie and after 2 hours I decided to stand up, so I even had some troubles sleeping. And today when I woke up I felt like half of Tuz played with my anus, I think I was walking like a cowboy. It stopped hurting during the day but it came back like 2h ago. Now even while sitting I feel a little bit of it, but I know if I stand up it's gonna be a real bitch
Sounds like eighter muscle trauma or a crack of the bone

If you press on it with a flat hand does the pain comes from the bone, or from the muscle ?

When i was 10, i went downhill on inline skates, tripped and fell on my tailbone. Had a simular pain for like 6 months. Was a crack in the bone

if its the bone, cant do much about it apart form the usual nutrients when you got a fracture
if its the muscle, well, ice and hot treatment :tongue:

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Lactic acid build up isnt neccecarely bad, but only helps with increasing muscle and size.

Strenght training is lower reps on compound excercises, because you want to increase muscle density, the neural parts, connecive tissue (the core), and the way muscles work togheter

With high reps, you only tax one muscle, not the whole bunch, they dont learn to work togheter
So if you are into bodybuilding type work then it makes sense to breakdown muscle , rest and eat to grow.

But say you want to be physically fit and have a lean body like an athletes then strength training is better correct ? . Also is it ok to do 1 exercise of each body part everyday instead of doing different muscle groups ? . Like do 1 exrx of torso - back - arms - legs everyday and not bicep/tricep , pecs , delts etc .

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
strenght training is much harder to the body then bodybuilding.

You make bigger microtrauma, but you have less lactic acid buildup, so hurts less imo

Fit and lean is done with bodybuilding mostly, strenght training requires a good core

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
you sure it's a good idea to do an arnold workout without gear? :p
Arnold's schedule is acceptable for a natural

Nearly every american schedule comes from west side barbell, is absolute crap, because they are made for massive juicing

Russian schedules :tup:
Reactive training/RPE based training w volule/intense blocks :tup:
SMOLOV :tup: :tup:

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
you sure it's a good idea to do an arnold workout without gear? :p
I wasn't but I am now, you need some serious shit to help you with his program.

Arnold's schedule is acceptable for a natural

Nearly every american schedule comes from west side barbell, is absolute crap, because they are made for massive juicing

Russian schedules :tup:
Reactive training/RPE based training w volule/intense blocks :tup:
SMOLOV :tup: :tup:
I accidentally bumped into Arnold's program, I liked the exercise he chose, most of them are compound and they perfectly fit me.

Also I didn't want give up on Bill Starr's 5X5 program for strength, but I had because of my working schedule. So one week I'm gonna do Bill's program (Mo, Wed, Fri) with BJJ on Tue and Thu. And next week when I can't make it to BJJ training I'll do Arnold's program. This way I'm gonna try to combine things, and include everything.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Bill star is an excellent schedule, and i'll advice it to anyone that keeps making progress.

Dont switch off it unless you keep hitting the same limit

- - - Updated - - -

But it must be done right.

You follow the calculated weights and reps for 6 weeks, deload 2 weeks and go from there again. This is vital to your recovery and core growth.

When you keep failing the same weights at week 5 or 6, then its time to look for the brutal russians

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)