Gym and fitness (61 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
that means if you start lifting you will seriously become a beast
I've tried getting into weight lifting several times, it always feels like a rush for the first 3-5 weeks and after that something comes up, interrupts me for a week and I just never get around to it. I'm more comfortable just doing what I do now, I bike around 200km per week, do 60 pushups, 120 pushups and finish it off with 2x1 min of plank and 1x2min. This essentially means that I can eat whatever I want, when I want in almost the quantities that I want it without gaining fat and I'm slowly building whatever muscle comes from it.

Wtf. Sounds like you were on some hero diet. Or heroine perhaps.
The first 4 weeks were hero diet, I consumed 1.700 calories per day and burned about 800 with cardio. Since that I've just maintained a "normal" diet, eating everything just not in excess and kept on riding my bike everywhere while doing the home training I just described. It's been a pretty easy transition for me, really. And my quality of life has really improved.

Just to highlight the transition and explain why I'm so satisfied with where I am :D

Obese me, July 2013

Me just now, looking a bit worn out from my exams

There's still a lot to be done, but right now I'm just not in a place for it :D

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
You had a calorie balance of 900 per day? That's low, dude.
I don't know what my calorie balance was, but it was exhausting and I went to bed with my stomach screaming for food every day. It felt like something I had to do as the fatness was affecting every aspect of my life in a negative way. I lost 10kg in 4 weeks and when I took some sort of human shape again I just started trimming slowly.

technically he prolly had something like -2000 calorie balance a day, bu @Nzoric trust me the day you will get serious about lifting you'll become a monster
I might consider getting into it again in June when the exams are over. The reason why I'm a bit sceptical about it is because I have a hard time of pacing myself. I try to increase weights every time I go to the gym - when I finally start pulling decent weights something gets in the way and I stop. Then I have about 4 weeks of joint pains and other shit to look forward to. I don't think that I have the discipline for healthy lifting, I just fuck myself up every time I start.

- - - Updated - - -
@Völler you fucking freak. :lol2:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't know what my calorie balance was, but it was exhausting and I went to bed with my stomach screaming for food every day. It felt like something I had to do as the fatness was affecting every aspect of my life in a negative way. I lost 10kg in 4 weeks and when I took some sort of human shape again I just started trimming slowly.
It's one way of doing it, but it's not really good for you as it's messes with your metabolism going into a kind of starvation mode and then back to eating normally or heavily again, low energy levels, like you say.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
it's cliche but it really is a lifestyle, forces you to take care of your body: eat right, rest, no hardcore partying. But on good days you will get some amazing highs.
:scared:

Then the day will probably never come. I'll probably take the middle road.

It's one way of doing it, but it's not really good for you as it's messes with your metabolism going into a kind of starvation mode and then back to eating normally or heavily again, low energy levels, like you say.
I don't know what to say, it worked really well for me. Low energy levels and all, it was definitely worth the struggle and it was an amazing rush when the four weeks were up. What I lacked in energy levels because of the starvation mode I gained in energy levels simply because I was fitter and happier.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
it's cliche but it really is a lifestyle, forces you to take care of your body: eat right, rest, no hardcore partying. But on good days you will get some amazing highs.
I still don't take care of my body the way I should. Sure, I dont drink as much but I still smoke and eat junk and shitty food whenever I feel like it. I never seem to get enough rest either. But lifting feels amazing apart from that. Not to mention I'm way stronger.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The guy who beat me on the meet(on points), used to weigh like 117kg, and is now 93, very dedicated towards training, but has this desire to smash away the beer once or twice per week.

205-135-250 on his big lifts(kg).

However, he has been stopped in his progress for a while now, and i'll likely beat him in points and total in november. I dont party.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I still don't take care of my body the way I should. Sure, I dont drink as much but I still smoke and eat junk and shitty food whenever I feel like it. I never seem to get enough rest either. But lifting feels amazing apart from that. Not to mention I'm way stronger.
but it's still something in the back of your mind(training), it becomes part of who you are, the fact that you dont do those things is much has most likely a lot to do with you training.

The guy who beat me on the meet(on points), used to weigh like 117kg, and is now 93, very dedicated towards training, but has this desire to smash away the beer once or twice per week.

205-135-250 on his big lifts(kg).

However, he has been stopped in his progress for a while now, and i'll likely beat him in points and total in november. I dont party.

you need this shirt then :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
monsters dont feel miserable, they just smash hit
This is pretty true.

Monday i had this shitty day. wastewater treatment project not proceeding thanks to 2 mediocre grouppartners, girlfriend in PMS week, first low carb day of the week etc..

Then it was time to head to the gym, knowing its the first week of the intense blok. Doing heavy tripples on pauzed squat, incline barbell bench and deficit deadlift, completely changed my mood. Its excellent to be able to go in and just smash some heavy ass weights for a 10RPE tripple, beeing excited about how much progress those painfull volume weeks gave you.

Same for tuesday, the idea of doing cheatruggs and dumbell rows for 6, military press for 3, and some bodybuidling bs for 6-12.

The dopamine response...i had worse orgasms, moodwise

- - - Updated - - -

6,1" 187lbs.

This summer when I came home from vacation I weighed in at 227lbs.
Do you realise the hidden potential in that ?
@Nzoric

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
but it's still something in the back of your mind(training), it becomes part of who you are, the fact that you dont do those things is much has most likely a lot to do with you training.

you need this shirt then :D

Well, i got this

Just before januari exams :D

Not touching the "party and lifestyle" thing. Got a few bodybuilding friends. I admire their dedication in food and lifestyle, but i get annoyed by the daily "whilse you were doing x, i was working out" stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Are they better than the "normal squat"?
No, but they are a great secondary squat on a different day of the week
Had a talk with my spotter who gained a huge lot over the course of a year. He had a regular legday, and in a different day, did a big load of frontsquats.
Doing them too in my current schedule. Its probably the best pure quadriceps builder.

Watch the stance tho. dont choke :D

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Holy crap, Nizzypoo. Good stuff, don't stop now.
technically he prolly had something like -2000 calorie balance a day, bu @Nzoric trust me the day you will get serious about lifting you'll become a monster
Just curious, why do you say that?
:agree: I stopped drinking beer, haven't had pizza, ice cream and other favourite foods in a few months (a few cheats), and the hardest of all was giving up Coke. I went from up to 2 cans a day to none since February.

On my bday I'm gonna binge on all that shit til Im sick though. Can't wait :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 13, Guests: 43)