Gym and fitness (50 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
For now, keep doing what you do, cause its actually pretty good. I'm gonna talk about it with my spotter who gained like 7cm on his quadriceps in 9 months by hard training, i'll ask what routines he did.

But what you do is excellent, the only thing i'd change is the reps.

everything except squat can be 12-15reps for 3-5 sets. But for squat, i'd do : 4 sets, 12-10-8-6 reps. If you can manage the 6reps with good form, next time, increase the weight by 5 kg. Based on your target final set weight, devide your weights like : 50%-70%-90%-100%. Thats how i trained for the period in wich i did bodybuilding schedules.

I'll requote when i had the talk
:tup:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Oh right. There are always assholes in these place, but I'm quite lucky with the guys who run the place here, and they are serious lifters.
Plus there are also a bunch of old guys who go to this gym to discuss football. One time I remember I was there at 9 in the morning all alone, when two almost 60 year old English men came in singing YNWA out of nowhere. :lol: It was so random.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Plus there are also a bunch of old guys who go to this gym to discuss football. One time I remember I was there at 9 in the morning all alone, when two almost 60 year old English men came in singing YNWA out of nowhere. :lol: It was so random.
Here it's basically bunches of kids standing on one piece or equipment taking it in turns over 2 hours, like it's a youth club.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
1) relax the muscle, take a good seat, lay down, take a long bath, etc
2) whilst relaxed, put ice(wrapped in a towel) on the hurtfull spot. 15min on, 15min off.
3) wrap it in tightly, putting pressure on the area. This will compress the zone and speed up the recovery of the microtrauma significantly
What Zach said. The rule is, no pain no gain. The thing may simulate the muscles but they're not being used per se.

@Lilith. Use the RICE method.

Thanks. I actually did the exact opposite by going to a club last night so now I am doing the popping pills method. I also tried getting the area massaged which I think made it worse.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Depends on how much you hate your lower back. Yes you can, if you do squats with 60% of the weight you normally do
It went well, dead lifts were easy but next time I will increase the weights. Squats, I tried at my last weight but couldn't, I went lowered the weights and it went well. I feel better now than yesterday. But anyway, I know I have a very fast recovery. Tomorrow everything will go back to normal, probably a run on Wednesday too.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Thanks. I actually did the exact opposite by going to a club last night so now I am doing the popping pills method. I also tried getting the area massaged which I think made it worse.
Yeah, quite :D

But you can still do the rice method, and put a pressure wrap when going out.

- - - Updated - - -

It went well, dead lifts were easy but next time I will increase the weights. Squats, I tried at my last weight but couldn't, I went lowered the weights and it went well. I feel better now than yesterday. But anyway, I know I have a very fast recovery. Tomorrow everything will go back to normal, probably a run on Wednesday too.
For beeing "close to 40" you recover remarkably well indeed, it has to be said :tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Here it's basically bunches of kids standing on one piece or equipment taking it in turns over 2 hours, like it's a youth club.
I had that in my previous gym. the "ghetto" gym. usually one guy and his whole fucking family at a certain equipment, and slowly rotating like forever on it, and you cannot come in between, or they just shooo you away when you want to ask, or talk in some unholy language.

Solution is simply jay. All you need, is a powerrack, a good barbell, and plenty of weights. Do like me, fine a gym with 6 excercises that use a barbell (we got 2 benches, 2 powerracks, decline and incline bench = 6 olympic bars total). Like that, you allways have a barbell. And you can train everything with a barbell. Everything

I go alone and most of the guys there are assholes.
Oh, we get those in the afternoon. Two kinds of them
One kind is the young bunch (17-24) who usually come in small groups and take one fat kid along who they make fun off. Spend most of the time doing biceps excercises and talking about how bitches and ho's are "miring" their aestetics. One even has "aesthetic" as his middle name on his Facebook. The braindead conversation they produce is annoying. And they do 1/4th squats.
They do make a nice public when i do some squats or deads with some of the lifters i know there.

Second kind are these guys 30-40, no strenght whatsoever, but juiced up, probably tat's, mostly biceps and chickenlegs, cant even benchpress that much, walk around like they own the place, allways avoid eyecontact with everyone, untill there are girls. then they start moaning when they do their biceps.

- - - Updated - - -
@Klin do you have experience with front squat ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)