Gym and fitness (59 Viewers)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Lol i dont plan on becoming a marathon runner, I just thought it would be good to help me lose some weight a little faster. Also does anyone know if the 1-2 lb rule a week is true? Like people say thats the most you should lose or should i ignore that?
If you are a really fat kid, then don't run to begin with. Your knees and ankles can't handle the load.

Get on the bike or swim.

Then when you are down to a decent weight start running. Your dick will get really hard!

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
As a starter stick to running three times a week until your legs and breath get in synch. I always wanted to become a streak runner but the most I reached was 5 times a week, during that period I managed to collect two injuries. Now I consider myself an experienced runner and I hardly go over 30 km per week. Only a month before my yearly half marathon I do two or three weeks with 35 to 40 km.
good infoz :tup:

Lol i dont plan on becoming a marathon runner, I just thought it would be good to help me lose some weight a little faster. Also does anyone know if the 1-2 lb rule a week is true? Like people say thats the most you should lose or should i ignore that?
bah, sortoff

you need to stenghten muscles and lose fat. this schedule its primary goal is to make you cut of as much fat as you can, while conditionning muscles for more endurance performance with a flavor of explisiveness

basically, you want stamina to last the game, some power to kick it around, and explosiveness for your acceleration.

this is by no means a professional hand tailored schedule. but "to get in excellent preseason shape" this is gonna be pretty good

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
So you don't want to be a marathon runner and still want to run 4-5 times a week? I said I reach the 35-40 km only when preparing for the half marathon and during the rest of the year I run twice or three times per week with 10 km being the longest distance most of the time. Only when I want to totally meditate I go for a 15er at slow tempo. So to answer your question, no don't run 4-5 times per week, your legs won't let you unless you are a good runner.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever participated in a full marathon? @JCK
No I haven't, the longest I have run is 30km on a hilly terrain. I wanted to do it three years ago but then we got our first child and I don't want to run a marathon without being really prepared. I would probably finish a marathon but I always have high expectations when participating (of course to my standard, competition with myself is the first competition). If I am to run a marathon I would want to set a time limit and most importantly I would want to be able to walk the day after.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I need to lose weight, tummy has become bigger than I can manage and I think I'm getting man boobs. I can't run. I tried, but I hate it. What do I do? :D

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I have two questions:

1. Women can work out the same way men do, correct? I always figured that's how it should be. No supplements or anything like that, two days a week at my school's sub-par gym.

2. I want to start doing pull ups again because they're amazing. I work upper body one day and lower body another, now should I start or end with pull ups on my upper body day?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I have two questions:

1. Women can work out the same way men do, correct? I always figured that's how it should be. No supplements or anything like that, two days a week at my school's sub-par gym.

Women have a diffrent hip and lower back connective tissue. They do not recover as well from muscle trauma, have inferior sexhormone, both resulting in significantly less muscle building possibilities.
Women can work out the same when its not depending on the lower back. However for deadlifts, sumo deadlift is adviced, and for squat, GOOD FORM IS FUCKING IMPORTANT.

having that said, those 60kilogram olympic weightlifting girls, snatch 100 kilogram, wich is more then 95% of this forum can benchpress.

2. I want to start doing pull ups again because they're amazing. I work upper body one day and lower body another, now should I start or end with pull ups on my upper body day?
Depends. You can do pullups on the bicep (close gripped) or on the back (wide gripped)

forget about bicep, go wide gripped.

An truely excellent start to any back training is "wide grip pullups, do 50 of them in as few sets as you can" Yes you will be warmed up :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I have two questions:

Why did you ask if women work out the same way as men do?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Depends. You can do pullups on the bicep (close gripped) or on the back (wide gripped)

forget about bicep, go wide gripped.

An truely excellent start to any back training is "wide grip pullups, do 50 of them in as few sets as you can" Yes you will be warmed up :D
But, for example, women should bench and do bicep curls and whatnot, correct? I take one of my friends with me and make her do such things.

Both close gripped and wide gripped, alternating between the two, 4 sets of both until exhaustion is what I would plan on doing :D. That should be a warmup though?

- - - Updated - - -

Why did you ask if women work out the same way as men do?
I take one of my friends to the gym. She asks me what to do, and I make her do whatever I do. Just wondering if it would for some strange reason somehow be harmful or something.

Edit: Not if they DO, if they SHOULD.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I take one of my friends to the gym. She asks me what to do, and I make her do whatever I do. Just wondering if it would for some strange reason somehow be harmful or something.

Edit: Not if they DO, if they SHOULD.
I workout with a woman almost all the time and she can handle all the exercises just as I do.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
training depends on the goal, just like with men.

So yea, sure do.

yeah, thats a warmup. (unless you are as heavy as me)
Ok. I'll probably be dead afterwards but I'll try it out one week and see how it goes. I'd say I'm not even a third of you, 5'5" and 152 pounds :mute:.

Never work out with a female.
It's pretty entertaining.

- - - Updated - - -

I workout with a woman almost all the time and she can handle all the exercises just as I do.
Good. The stereotypical ones that just go walk on a treadmill for 45 minutes and then take up the hip adduction/abduction machine for the next hour on the lowest weight piss me off.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Good. The stereotypical ones that just go walk on a treadmill for 45 minutes and then take up the hip adduction/abduction machine for the next hour on the lowest weight piss me off.
Yes, most of them are like that but some are really impressive. I am happy that I found one that does not fit the stereotype.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)