Gym and fitness (53 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Well, i personally dont do two muscles. Like you said, it is probably an individual thing as it is most of the time when working out....Anyways, these are my freshest pics. I made a brake from working out around two months cause i broke my leg, but i started again some two weeks ago. While we are on the subject, this thread needs more pictures guys. What is the point of talking all the time if no one can see the results. Im sure there are members here browsing this thread who are planning on starting to work out, so they need to see that all this talking actually has some results..... I encourage you all to post pics..... This aint facebook after all....

$rsz_imag0523.jpg $rsz_imag0524.jpg $rsz_imag0528.jpg
You're like three times the size of me, I'll pass :p

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
idk man, that looks like you have to work out everyday. i don't think two muscle groups a day is too much. especially if the muscles are "complimentary" for lack of a better word.
Can't really agree with this. It might work for you, but it doesn't mean it works like that for everyone else. Some people get better results when they frequently hit muscle groups (which is 2-3 times per week). The way you described means you workout one body part per week. I'll do two muscle groups, might hit the muscle less than you, but I'll do 3 more times than you do. Also, when you work on your chest you're automatically hitting triceps as well (with majority of exercises). Same goes for back and biceps.
If you workout 5 times per week, I think working one muscle group per day works best. If you don't manage to workout 5 times a week, it's a different story. You can't just workout your back without hitting your biceps and your chest without your triceps, so you're still hitting different muscle groups almost every day.

I'm currently on 76Kg from 70Kg in 2 months. Still a bit far away from my target though. I'm definitely not on a healthy nutrition currently, so I'm loving it. My plan is to gain as much weight as I can possibly can this Winter and from March onwards I can focus on definition. This is also a great excuse for practically eating everything I see. :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I forgot, how tall are you? But it's a nice result anyway :tup: keep it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost reached my first target of 180 lbs, from about 162 lbs. Tbh, I thought that 18 lbs would look like more than it does, so when I reach it, I'll probably aim for 190.
Nice :tup: those are some serious numbers, you won't be skinny anymore and you'll like it. :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So that's about 185cm.

We're not so different there. I'm 181cm and currently around 76kg. I was on 78 (compared to last year when I had 69kg!) not so long ago, but majority was fat. I really wanted to see how I look when I'm bulked up and I didn't like it. I had lots of strength but I felt soooo sloppy and I hated the fat that I had on me. My goal is to be around 75kg rather lean-ish and try build some muscle.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
So that's about 185cm.

We're not so different there. I'm 181cm and currently around 76kg. I was on 78 (compared to last year when I had 69kg!) not so long ago, but majority was fat. I really wanted to see how I look when I'm bulked up and I didn't like it. I had lots of strength but I felt soooo sloppy and I hated the fat that I had on me. My goal is to be around 75kg rather lean-ish and try build some muscle.
How does 78kg on 181cm make you feel fat?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I was not as agile I was when I had less weight on me. I was quite big lol, I had to change like all my clothes. Somehow I had less energy, I was all lethargic.

And I had a little belly, which annoyed the crap out of me.

89man

Sep 4, 2013
This is directed towards the people who run. Do you guys run distances or do you run by time? Also do guys think a track is better or just run on the sidewalk or something?
I usually go for a run on the sidewalk.

Play football twice a week, and go for a walk nearly everyday.
So i guess i'm decent when it comes to exercising.

89man

Sep 4, 2013
I want to start running to get in shape along with lifting. Do you time yourself? or just go a certain distance?
I usually just go out for about 30- 40 minutes.
Don't really time myself.

I'd like to last longer, but i have a hint of asthma.
It only really effects me, when i'm continuously running.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
This is directed towards the people who run. Do you guys run distances or do you run by time? Also do guys think a track is better or just run on the sidewalk or something?
Since running is my main sport, I run distances, by time and I do HIIT but I guess this is not what you are aiming for. So my advice is to go out for 45 minutes regardless of how long that might take you. Track or sidewalk is just taste in my opinion, I am mostly a road runner because it is more convenient and I can do longer distances, also because my half marathon is on asphalt so I want to be familiar to the surface. I do like going on track in the woods especially in the autumn but I do that only because I have to variations in order to strengthen my legs.

I ran by the way a 19km trail race on Saturday without preparing much, I was around 40 seconds slower than my last year time with proper preparation. However, the problem is, and I was fully aware of that, the aftermath. I usually run a half marathon and the next day I can easily run a 10km or do Crossfit. Today I am the stiffest person on earth. So my advice to you is be prepared for competition, races can be completed but we have to feel well afterwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)