Gym and fitness (68 Viewers)

Jul 20, 2012
Since running is my main sport, I run distances, by time and I do HIIT but I guess this is not what you are aiming for. So my advice is to go out for 45 minutes regardless of how long that might take you. Track or sidewalk is just taste in my opinion, I am mostly a road runner because it is more convenient and I can do longer distances, also because my half marathon is on asphalt so I want to be familiar to the surface. I do like going on track in the woods especially in the autumn but I do that only because I have to variations in order to strengthen my legs.

I ran by the way a 19km trail race on Saturday without preparing much, I was around 40 seconds slower than my last year time with proper preparation. However, the problem is, and I was fully aware of that, the aftermath. I usually run a half marathon and the next day I can easily run a 10km or do Crossfit. Today I am the stiffest person on earth. So my advice to you is be prepared for competition, races can be completed but we have to feel well afterwards.
Nice and I'm just trying to run to get into shape and also football

- - - Updated - - -

sidewalks can be very hard on your joints. definitely do track if you have the option.
Yea but either way I always have shin splints and they hurt like a bitch

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
yo @Zacheryah.

the assault pre-workout isn't working on me anymore i think. i feel nothing and i also feel like i'm getting weaker. i don't know if it's that or just not being as prepared. do you think i should switch? i don't want to double the dosage since that would seem like a waste.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
yo @Zacheryah.

the assault pre-workout isn't working on me anymore i think. i feel nothing and i also feel like i'm getting weaker. i don't know if it's that or just not being as prepared. do you think i should switch? i don't want to double the dosage since that would seem like a waste.
Assault is a pre workout, not a pre workout booster.

A pre workout essentially a product that has everything to ensure optimal muscle working and recovery.
(beta alanine, cit malate/arginine, creatine, tyrosine, taurine, BCAA, vit C, ...)
It should not contain products that give a rush. Naturally they all got some cafeine, but for assault its relatively low. (jack 3d is bullshit and full of cafeine)

A pre workout booster, basically contains vey very little of products for recovery and optimal working of the muscle. Its entirely psychological. Its filled with products that give a rush like loads of cafeine, ephedra, 1.3 dimethylamylamine, ..

If you say "assault isnt working" you basically say is your cafeine tolerance has gone past the dosis in assault. But all the optimalisation, pump and recovery elements are still doing their job.
If you say you get weaker, its a mental thing. Or you havent slept wel, or ate wel, or you need a deload, or certain muscles are behind others and keeping you from making progress (like to weak triceps can keep a benchpress from improving, i've had that)

You can do two things

1) make sure the food, sleep and training is good. Post the excercises and the reps per weight you do. Perhaps we can see if some muscle is lagging everything behind
2) Order a bottle of cafeine pills. (11 euro for 250 caps of 250mg. 1 cap equals 2 redbull's. Its dirt cheap). Cafeine is basically the only thing the legal boosters are based on. If i feel i need the energy, i take 500mg cafeine + 500mg asperine with my assault.

( 3) get ephidrine at price below 2euro/20mg. Its illegal in most country's tho. Retarded regulation)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Alright thanks. I'll send you my schedule later today, I know I said I'd do it a while ago :p.

I think the eating well part may have something to do with it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If i'm on liquid food all day, my "oumph" is less.

need to get that muscle glycogene fully ready, and everything else loaded and ready to go.

Jay Cutler said that before anyone could ask for help with juice or training, first their diet and sleep had to be right. cause its the most important part

I'm doing a 1rep max week this week, so i'm gonna eat and sleep alot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)