Gym and fitness (53 Viewers)

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
you're walking on thin ice there, i just might cut you off because of that comment
Then you'll have to accept me for all the other aspects of my fabulous personality because I really, really cannot stand it. :D

I am also starting to notice a trend with women in the gym. The ones who seem to be a little insecure with their bodies seem hesitant to do some of the exercises, I've even seen a few gone into hiding in this back room that I didn't even know existed until yesterday do free weights. Part of me was kinda wondering why though. It's the gym, everyone struggles at some point...

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
What do you guys think of a cheat day if you’re on a low-carb diet? Is it useful or just harms the progress?

If it’s useful, should it be a meal or a whole day?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

What the fuck is this Dule? Not long ago you were all push-up, crunches and biceps curls, saying screw the gym, bulking, etc. Now you're going to the gym, planning on bulking, and thinking about creatine? :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
What the fuck is this Dule? Not long ago you were all push-up, crunches and biceps curls, saying screw the gym, bulking, etc. Now you're going to the gym, planning on bulking, and thinking about creatine? :D
I'll try to answer that :D

That was just a home routine, I found it lazy to keep it going that eventhough I had a decent definition.. I needed more weights. It's not really a gym, it's where I go, garage I have but I have some equipment there and a lot of weights. So yea, it's basically like a small gym as I do pretty much everything that I need. So far it's going good, results are great. It's just that I pause way too much.. sometimes due to lectures and exams and sometimes due to illness and even injuries, but I had really long pauses.

As for bulking, eh... I have no idea. I wanna see if bulking/cutting works. The more stuff I read the less I know, so I wanna experience it on myself and see what happens. I don't think it's gonna be a 'dirty bulk' but yeah I'll start getting extra calories and gain some weight. There also one more reason why I'd like to do it, I wanna see how I look when I'm 'big'. But I'm not planning to be a fat ass. Eventually I'll cut it off, but I think I'll keep this up for a pretty long period.

And as for creatine... Well, there's no scientific fact that proves how people need anything more than 70-80gr of protein in order to get better results, so IMO it's just a waste of cash to go with Whey, I'll try to get my protein through food which is the best thing anyway. And out of other supplements I think creatine will help me get better results during the period. And it's not that expensive I think, but that's still in a waiting and thinking phase. :p

Are you still going btw, results, anything?

One more question for those who have experience: Have you ever tried caffeine pills? Effective, anything?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'll try to answer that :D

That was just a home routine, I found it lazy to keep it going that eventhough I had a decent definition.. I needed more weights. It's not really a gym, it's where I go, garage I have but I have some equipment there and a lot of weights. So yea, it's basically like a small gym as I do pretty much everything that I need. So far it's going good, results are great. It's just that I pause way too much.. sometimes due to lectures and exams and sometimes due to illness and even injuries, but I had really long pauses.

As for bulking, eh... I have no idea. I wanna see if bulking/cutting works. The more stuff I read the less I know, so I wanna experience it on myself and see what happens. I don't think it's gonna be a 'dirty bulk' but yeah I'll start getting extra calories and gain some weight. There also one more reason why I'd like to do it, I wanna see how I look when I'm 'big'. But I'm not planning to be a fat ass. Eventually I'll cut it off, but I think I'll keep this up for a pretty long period.

And as for creatine... Well, there's no scientific fact that proves how people need anything more than 70-80gr of protein in order to get better results, so IMO it's just a waste of cash to go with Whey, I'll try to get my protein through food which is the best thing anyway. And out of other supplements I think creatine will help me get better results during the period. And it's not that expensive I think, but that's still in a waiting and thinking phase. :p

Are you still going btw, results, anything?

One more question for those who have experience: Have you ever tried caffeine pills? Effective, anything?
there isa scientific fact

when you train, you cause microtrauma, and the body needs to repair it.

tissue, made from protein, made from amino acids

to synthese the protein, we need any combination of the 20 diffrent amino acids, and the synthesis stops when you run out of one of the needed amino acids. this is called the limiting factor

whey, does a few things

-for a start, it has all the amino acids that are potentially limiting, in a good dose.
-it contains the essential amino acids, those are the ones you cant make urself, u need it from another source (meat)
-its absorbed by the body alot faster then regular meat, and allways has the right combination of amino acids

because of the massive amount of muscle to repair, big powerlifters and bodybuilders need over 200-400g of protein per day (50% comming from whey/cassis) to keep recovering from microtrauma and growing.

creatine ? body uses atp to fuels the muscle. we cant stack atp, but we can stack creatine, by breaking creatine, we can regenerate atp.
the body had natural deposits of creatine, depending on the meat you eat they are large or small (vegetarians, up to 55% smaller)
you eat creatine 5g (monohydrate) each day to increase the size of the deposits.

having muscles overflowing with creatine after intake, will have a hydrating effect, making them look a bit harder and better shaped.

after 4 weeks, the deposits are at maximum peak. you can take a 2 week brake, to lessen the stress on kidneys.

creatine is best combined with the following

-beta alanine.
creatine breakdown, causes drop in acidity (pH) in the muscle, causing muscle failure. beta alanine, promotes the synthesis of carnosine. this is like a sponge for the H+, buffering the pH, keeping the mucles longer at the desired pH.
beta alanine boots the effect from creatine, and causes longer sets

-citruline malaat, arginine
low dose needed, these products speed up the regeneration of atp, allowing longer sets

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
they work.

cafeinne "ready's the mucle" . they speed up the terminal phosphorylation, causing to rapidly break down suger. know that it can cause a minicrash afterwards if you dont eat enough slow sugers during the day (pasta,brown rice, regular rice, potatoes, oak(best))

ideally, you combine cafeine with aspirine and ephidrine(not every country allows it)

cafeine will increase energy trough sugerbreak down

aspirine will thin the blood, without lowering red blood cell count, allowing it to circulate better

ephidrine, will stimulate the heartrate, and cause muscles to fibrate harder, giving better endurance and power

this is called an eca stack (250caf, 200 asp, 25 epi, 1 yohimbe)

edit :

start with 250 mg before workout, up to 500 if tolerated

to much cafeinne causes the muscle to fibrate to much, less focus, less power, a red face, excess sweating, and a sugarcrash afterwards

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Broke a bone in my hand and am absolutley gutted that i can't lift weights or box for about 6 weeks.. does anyone know of a good exercise plan that would be possible for me to do until then?
i broke 2 metacarpals (the midhandbones) in april last year

to not lose mass, you should train you legs 3 times per week.

squat in a static powerrack, have a bro help you putting the weights on it, and unlocking the bar
do hacksquats if there is a static hacksquad machine
do legpresses
do extentions

if you can handle pain, break the plaster after 4 weeks and do chest presses in the machine :p

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
yes it will help you get through plateaus, i think it's good to at least try it. How much is jack3d by you?
jack3d is overpriced crap

preworkout boosters should contain

5 grams of creatine monohydrate, or 2-3 if its some buffered creatine version
2-3grams of beta alanine
4-5 grams of arginine+citruline malaat
at least a gram of taurine (breaks down long sugar chains in to glucose, essential for any diet)

then some kind of energy complex that contains
cafeine
guanine extract
1-3 dmc

in the benelux, the best on the market is

http://www.xxlnutrition.nl/unleash-v3/xxl-nutrition

allways try to find a preworkout, thatis simular to this

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Zacheryah invaded this thread too :sergio:
Hey, I thought you might like to know that I am getting back into running (long distance). Working my way up to averaging about 5-6 miles now. Currently I am hoovering right around 4-4.5 miles (not sure in Kilometers:D). Trying to get my running legs back. :stuckup:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
jack3d is overpriced crap

preworkout boosters should contain

5 grams of creatine monohydrate, or 2-3 if its some buffered creatine version
2-3grams of beta alanine
4-5 grams of arginine+citruline malaat
at least a gram of taurine (breaks down long sugar chains in to glucose, essential for any diet)

then some kind of energy complex that contains
cafeine
guanine extract
1-3 dmc

in the benelux, the best on the market is

http://www.xxlnutrition.nl/unleash-v3/xxl-nutrition

allways try to find a preworkout, thatis simular to this

i buy it for 18 dollars and it can last me over a month, maybe it's crap for you but when i take jack3d i become a monster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)