Gym and fitness (139 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I have my physical assessment next week Tuesday, when I will get a routine to work by. Until then, I guess I have to do my own shit. Today, I started with a 10 minute jog on the treadmill, followed by 3 sets of 20 reps on an ab machine (90 lbs), repeated it once and ended with a 5 minute jog. The joggin isn't hard for me but I get bored of it easily. Although, I understand that aerobic is very important in getting toned up.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Run 15 minutes instead of 30, but run harder. It's more fun, takes less time and gets you all fired up. After a 30 minute run I'm not interested in weights anymore.
Yeah you put forward a good point. Hard running will give you eventual "fitness", like better lung capacity, but i find that jogging long distances is better for fat burn. You can always combine the two, i finish off my last Kilometre with a sprint. I actually prefer to measure myself on distance rather than time. You can puss out and not push yourself if you measure by time, but if you set yourself a distance you HAVE to finish so you'll always get a consistent workout (thats if you don't stop).
Weights are great dude! Its hard to motivate yourself but its a good feeling when you can see yourself gaining strength as mass right in front of you. Probably would help with the ladies or the misses too. The problem is its made me obsessed with my body and every time i see a mirror or reflective glass i take a look at myself so i can see where i'm at, and so everyone can think i'm a complete tool.

Dude, stop with the fried stuff. That's no good! Get some tuna or grilled chicken. It's fairly cheap. You can get a lot of chicken for a decent price. Switch up the corn to a green veggie. They have more nutritional value.
good advice. Corn has next to no nutritional value and you're not going to get anything out of it. I recommend spinach i'm pretty sure that has the highest protein content out of all the veggies. If you're pretty poor then chicken is the way to go. You can do so many things with it and its cheap. If you find yourself with the money, buy tuna. Tuna is the highest in protein by far and its non fattening if you get it without the oil. I get tuna steaks because for some reason its less fishy tasting and i actually don't like fish. (sorry for repeating what you said enron ;) )
Remember to have a high fiber breakfast! Fiber allows you to get away with eating a bit of sugar and fat and will speed up your metabolism for the rest of the day. If you eat high fiber in the morning, carbohydrates at lunch, and then protein after you've worked out, all with a lot of water, you have a perfect diet and there shouldn't be any problem with building muscle and staying lean. One off day is fine, i have McDonalds for dinner one day a week which fulfills any cravings i have.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I have my physical assessment next week Tuesday, when I will get a routine to work by. Until then, I guess I have to do my own shit. Today, I started with a 10 minute jog on the treadmill, followed by 3 sets of 20 reps on an ab machine (90 lbs), repeated it once and ended with a 5 minute jog. The joggin isn't hard for me but I get bored of it easily. Although, I understand that aerobic is very important in getting toned up.
I'm with you there buddy. Thats why i don't do tredmills. Find a nice run to do if you have one. There are some parks and tracks with nice scenery.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Run 15 minutes instead of 30, but run harder. It's more fun, takes less time and gets you all fired up. After a 30 minute run I'm not interested in weights anymore.
I usually do a ten minute "boogey" on the treadmill before weight sessions. I like how it gets my heart rate going, which increases blood flow and muscle capacity. It's always good to try and get in a couple of "longish" runs a week, like 45-30 minutes. I run along the Potomac river or through town so "getting bored" isn't really an excuse for me.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah you put forward a good point. Hard running will give you eventual "fitness", like better lung capacity, but i find that jogging long distances is better for fat burn. You can always combine the two, i finish off my last Kilometre with a sprint. I actually prefer to measure myself on distance rather than time. You can puss out and not push yourself if you measure by time, but if you set yourself a distance you HAVE to finish so you'll always get a consistent workout (thats if you don't stop).
Weights are great dude! Its hard to motivate yourself but its a good feeling when you can see yourself gaining strength as mass right in front of you. Probably would help with the ladies or the misses too. The problem is its made me obsessed with my body and every time i see a mirror or reflective glass i take a look at myself so i can see where i'm at, and so everyone can think i'm a complete tool.

good advice. Corn has next to no nutritional value and you're not going to get anything out of it. I recommend spinach i'm pretty sure that has the highest protein content out of all the veggies. If you're pretty poor then chicken is the way to go. You can do so many things with it and its cheap. If you find yourself with the money, buy tuna. Tuna is the highest in protein by far and its non fattening if you get it without the oil. I get tuna steaks because for some reason its less fishy tasting and i actually don't like fish. (sorry for repeating what you said enron ;) )
Remember to have a high fiber breakfast! Fiber allows you to get away with eating a bit of sugar and fat and will speed up your metabolism for the rest of the day. If you eat high fiber in the morning, carbohydrates at lunch, and then protein after you've worked out, all with a lot of water, you have a perfect diet and there shouldn't be any problem with building muscle and staying lean. One off day is fine, i have McDonalds for dinner one day a week which fulfills any cravings i have.
What I had today:

Breakfast: Water, coffee, and a banana bread/fiber muffin.
Lunch: Grilled chicken and some melon, water
Dinner: Chicken wrap w/ hot sauce, water, and a grape juice

I haven't been able to eat like that in a while. Now I think I've located the places on campus I can find the "helpful" foods. Too bad it's November.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
i feel sick after eating high fat and sugar foods now which is a good sign.. my body is intolerant to bad food.
Respect Bes, it sounds like you work hard and you take being healthy pretty seriously.
What, the healthy places are closed in november or something :p?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
i feel sick after eating high fat and sugar foods now which is a good sign.. my body is intolerant to bad food.
Respect Bes, it sounds like you work hard and you take being healthy pretty seriously.
What, the healthy places are closed in november or something :p?
No I just live on campus at my University.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
seeing as we don't do that in Australia..how does that work? You do your own grocery shopping? the Uni feeds you most of the time?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
seeing as we don't do that in Australia..how does that work? You do your own grocery shopping? the Uni feeds you most of the time?
I live in a "one room" without a kitchen or a bathroom. So I basically eat at the Uni all the time or I go out. Food is kind of rubbish here. They try, but it ends up being that they try to make everything taste good.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
expensive always going out?
I always wanted to go to an american college just to see if it was like the movies and i could take advantage of drunk girls at keg parties.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
come. eat our food, drink our beer, swim at our beaches, sleep with our countless amounts of amazingly beautiful women

We like canadians over here, and a lot of aussies i know go to canada during your winter cause ours has near to no snow. Just don't let them think you're American, they don't seem to take the same liking to them as they do with Canadians. I'm sorry Americans... blame your president and the idiots we see on TV

p.s during my time in Paris i ran into and hooked up with some Quebecois girls... thought i'd take this opportunity to thank you... thank you so so much!

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
i don't see the point in eating protein unless you've just worked out (you just shit or piss it or is goes to fat or all of the above)
i don't see the point in eating carbs unless you're about to work out or need a lot of energy for another reason.
therefore i prefer to separate the two and use them for appropriate time and purpose. But a little bit of protein to start your day is no crime and not particularly a bad thing at all, just concentrated powders are probably not necessary seeing as your body has nothing to recover from yet.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
i don't see the point in eating protein unless you've just worked out (you just shit or piss it or is goes to fat or all of the above)
i don't see the point in eating carbs unless you're about to work out or need a lot of energy for another reason.
therefore i prefer to separate the two and use them for appropriate time and purpose. But a little bit of protein to start your day is no crime and not particularly a bad thing at all, just concentrated powders are probably not necessary seeing as your body has nothing to recover from yet.
if you've done a session the night before, your body is recovering the next day right, as a result, protein is needed, generally you shoudl have a decent amount of protein in each meal, carbs are needed throughout the day for me since i work out in the morning, mid day and evening

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
That is completely wrong

if you've done a session the night before, your body is recovering the next day right, as a result, protein is needed, generally you shoudl have a decent amount of protein in each meal, carbs are needed throughout the day for me since i work out in the morning, mid day and evening
3 times a day? Under no circumstances should you train specific muscles more than twice a week.. The whole "he must work alot" is completely incorrect, it's quite the opposite in fact

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
That is completely wrong

3 times a day? Under no circumstances should you train specific muscles more than twice a week.. The whole "he must work alot" is completely incorrect, it's quite the opposite in fact
yes i know lol, i don't lift weights 3 times a day, i said i train, i.e. run, ball/technique practice etc, i lift weights around 3-4 times a week, i go for a run every morning as standard, and do other various things in the day/night

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 133)