Gym and fitness (13 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Dude, stop with the fried stuff. That's no good! Get some tuna or grilled chicken. It's fairly cheap. You can get a lot of chicken for a decent price. Switch up the corn to a green veggie. They have more nutritional value.

A good recipe for grilled chicken. Throw the chicken in a sandwich bag with Greek salad dressing and pepper. Let it marinate for an hour or longer, then cook it on the stove top. Do this in bulk and you can slice some of the chicken up for sandwiches or just to eat like the nuggets.
So I went and bought chicken breasts and marinated it, came out pretty delish. Also bought beans (wow..I'm suffering).

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Just found these...

if you've done a session the night before, your body is recovering the next day right, as a result, protein is needed, generally you shoudl have a decent amount of protein in each meal, carbs are needed throughout the day for me since i work out in the morning, mid day and evening
If you have the right amount of protein directly after your muscle building exercise then there would be no need to feed your muscles for days after. Why? When you've just pumped the shit out of your muscles the blood immediately rushes to that muscle and that can last up to two hours. THIS is when your muscle is being fed the protein! Protein goes into your bloodstream and immediately feeds your muscle when it needs it most.
The morning after the body isn't giving your muscles as much attention and it isn't the ample time to take advantage of. Therefore if you took high enough levels of protein, your body would have already had its right amount to heal the torn muscle fibres (effectively) and the protein you're taking in the morning is just overkill. When you sleep its the best time for the muscles to heal for sure, but to get the protein to where it needs to be, take your protein after your workout!! Because the muscle fibres have just been healing themselves, using that protein you've taken, more protein at that stage of the healing process is overkill:crazy:
Fibre is whats imperative in the morning, it prepares your digestive system for whatever fats and sugars you may eat throughout the day. If you need the energy for the mornings, something like a sandwich or some pasta the night before should last you until you eat lunch (the main time to store on carbs, especially if you're going to workout that afternoon or night) but like i'm saying don't eat more of anything than is necessary for you're body to have, especially carbs which will unfortunately likely turn into fat if you've eaten more than you're going to use.

That is completely wrong
:rolleyes: Suck ma balls

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
cool thread ... i started like a month ago and the difference is so obvious :D ... but i dont think ill get any bigger than now, only strongeri guess... people keep telling me to take protien shakes... should i ?

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Just found these...

If you have the right amount of protein directly after your muscle building exercise then there would be no need to feed your muscles for days after. Why? When you've just pumped the shit out of your muscles the blood immediately rushes to that muscle and that can last up to two hours. THIS is when your muscle is being fed the protein! Protein goes into your bloodstream and immediately feeds your muscle when it needs it most.
The morning after the body isn't giving your muscles as much attention and it isn't the ample time to take advantage of. Therefore if you took high enough levels of protein, your body would have already had its right amount to heal the torn muscle fibres (effectively) and the protein you're taking in the morning is just overkill. When you sleep its the best time for the muscles to heal for sure, but to get the protein to where it needs to be, take your protein after your workout!! Because the muscle fibres have just been healing themselves, using that protein you've taken, more protein at that stage of the healing process is overkill:crazy:
Fibre is whats imperative in the morning, it prepares your digestive system for whatever fats and sugars you may eat throughout the day. If you need the energy for the mornings, something like a sandwich or some pasta the night before should last you until you eat lunch (the main time to store on carbs, especially if you're going to workout that afternoon or night) but like i'm saying don't eat more of anything than is necessary for you're body to have, especially carbs which will unfortunately likely turn into fat if you've eaten more than you're going to use.

:lol: If you think what you said is right then you've never been around a gym.. After reading your posts you know a little about the 3 core fundamentals of building muscle (training, diet & rest) but I assure you that half the stuff you are saying is wrong in the context of body building, or whatever you want to call it

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
cool thread ... i started like a month ago and the difference is so obvious :D ... but i dont think ill get any bigger than now, only strongeri guess... people keep telling me to take protien shakes... should i ?
Depends on your aims (how much muscle you want to build, how you want to look and your health & age)..

Essentially if your aim is to build muscle than the answer is YES.. Simply put we all know protein builds muscle and without enough protein your muscles will not be able to grow, it really is as simple as that.. This is because the human body uses protein to repair cells that you've damaged doing weights, protein will repair and form new cells that does two effective things (produce enzymes and hormones).. These two things are the most essential part for the body to build muscle and grow.. Then there's the insulin blast effect but I won't go into that.. Think of it like this, when you do weights you stretch and tair muscle fibres.. Protein acts as a mucle recovery by building over that tair and thus your muscle gets bigger, you could compare it your muscles getting bigger to kind of like a permenant tense of your muscle

Oh and you'll continue to build muscle and get "bigger", just not at the rate when you first started weight training (diminishing returns)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
:lol: If you think what you said is right then you've never been around a gym.. After reading your posts you know a little about the 3 core fundamentals of building muscle (training, diet & rest) but I assure you that half the stuff you are saying is wrong in the context of body building, or whatever you want to call it
8 kg in two months begs to differ. I've also lost a significant amount of my body fat. With my regime i'm in the best shape i've ever been and i've been doing body building on and off for 4 years now. I've gone to the gym every second day now. The results speak for themselves. With my regime i plan to gain another 4 kg in the next 6 weeks. :eyebrows: if not more

i prefer to spend my time in the gym rather than my head in P.E books. Over four years i've learnt how my body reacts to different things, thats through experimentation of different workout regime's. Knowing your own body is IMPERATIVE if you want to progress faster, not short cuts, just efficiency.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
8 kg in two months begs to differ. I've also lost a significant amount of my body fat. With my regime i'm in the best shape i've ever been and i've been doing body building on and off for 4 years now. I've gone to the gym every second day now. The results speak for themselves. With my regime i plan to gain another 4 kg in the next 6 weeks. :eyebrows: if not more
Well I'm glad your routine is working for you, but you could do even better based on what you've been saying..

I've done bodybuilding strictly for 3 years, not for competition or anything.. I simply wanted to look good in a T-shirt but many of my friends from the gym did compete.. I stopped about a year ago because I was sick of the extremes that you have to take in undertaking bodybuilding like counting every calorie, gram of protein, carb and fat and so on and so on..

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Just found these...

what so you think the next day your muscles are completely healed? it takes at least 2-3 days for muscles to heal and in that time your body needs protein at a seatdy rate, protien being the BUILDING BLOCKS for muscle, i'll give an example, if you start building a house that will take 3 days to build, you tell the workers to work on the house, use cement and bricks, and give them enough cement and bricks for the night, but in the morning you tell them sorry no more, how are they supposed to build the house? If what you do works for you that's great, but you're not maximising your results, the general bodybuilding consensus is, you need a high protein diet if you want to build muscle, there are no two ways about it

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
what so you think the next day your muscles are completely healed? it takes at least 2-3 days for muscles to heal and in that time your body needs protein at a seatdy rate, protien being the BUILDING BLOCKS for muscle, i'll give an example, if you start building a house that will take 3 days to build, you tell the workers to work on the house, use cement and bricks, and give them enough cement and bricks for the night, but in the morning you tell them sorry no more, how are they supposed to build the house? If what you do works for you that's great, but you're not maximising your results, the general bodybuilding consensus is, you need a high protein diet if you want to build muscle, there are no two ways about it
Your right there isn't two ways about it.. but eating bucket loads of protein everyday isn't desirable, in fact it could be detremental to your muscle building programme.. People tend to overestimate the importance of protein, it is true that protein is absolutely FUNDAMENTAL in the muscle building proccess but an overall diet consisting of complex carbs and yes fat as well is needed to maximise your results.. Actually protein can't be understimated, it's the fact people don't understand you need a balanced diet as protein doesn't give your body all the fuel in building muscle, it's not all about protein.

Your also right when your talking about recovery times.. Although training an individual muscle group twice a week is maximum some people can get it up to three times a week or so with the use of creatine, Glutamine and a range of other supplements. Yet again it all depends on the individual and if he's getting results he should keep doing whatever he is doing but logically he could be a lot smarter about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)