Gym and fitness (53 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Yep, it depends where you get it from though. Most suppliers offer olive oil that's mixed with seed oils so they cheat you out of your money, also you should check when the oil was harvested & expiration date.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
back home it is very common to drink \ sip on some olive oil in the morning for the great effect it has on burning fat and cholesterol. Just an example of how great this oil is. And believe me its the most virgin kind.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I usually have mine of rye or whole grain/seed bread or grill chicken or turkey breasts with it. I guess the key is using it in moderation as some people would use a quarter of the bottle to cook & prepare food.:D

My left shoulder has been acting up for the last couple of days & it's my shoulder exercise day today. I guess i'll just have to use light weights as i don't wanna put them under strain.:depressed

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Woke up at 6:00 this morning and did my first cardio workout in probably 3-4 years. Did 3 laps of 400m, then did 4x100m sprinting sessions, with easy walking in between. I ended it with another 2x400m laps. I felt like throwing up and almost did. Hopefully I muster up the strength to go in again tomorrow.

Weight lifting is much easier than cardio.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Why didn't you just do HIIT? Would have saved you so much time & a big DUH to weight lifting being easier than cardio, that's why bigger guys try to avoid it as much as possible.:p

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Vlatko, just do HIIT Tabata method.

It will be done in 4 minutes, just try not to die :D
Why didn't you just do HIIT? Would have saved you so much time & a big DUH to weight lifting being easier than cardio, that's why bigger guys try to avoid it as much as possible.:p
I am aiming for doing HIIT, but my endurance/stamina is nowhere to be found. My goal is easy cardio for the first few weeks, just to build my endurance as I get out of breath after running 2 minutes. Than I'll switch to HIIT, 20 min sessions.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I am aiming for doing HIIT, but my endurance/stamina is nowhere to be found. My goal is easy cardio for the first few weeks, just to build my endurance as I get out of breath after running 2 minutes. Than I'll switch to HIIT, 20 min sessions.
You can do it on an elliptical machine. Just add more intensity to the movement, push for one minute & then rest for 20 sec.

I was doing jump rope HIIT in the summer when there was 35 degrees :p
That's a sure way to put yourself in an icu unit.:D Lately i've been doing 100m sprints with 5kg dumbells & 1kg ankle weights. Push all out, rest for one minute & repeat. After ten rounds, i feel like an alien is gonna burst through my chest.:D

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I usually have mine of rye or whole grain/seed bread or grill chicken or turkey breasts with it. I guess the key is using it in moderation as some people would use a quarter of the bottle to cook & prepare food.:D

My left shoulder has been acting up for the last couple of days & it's my shoulder exercise day today. I guess i'll just have to use light weights as i don't wanna put them under strain.:depressed
I was doing olive oil when frying but lately switched to the frying spray which should be very light. I only use olive oil with my egg salad, green salad and other reandom meals.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Good luck brother.. go easy and remember that we all had Day 1 at the gym. Don't let the big guys spooke you and if anything is needed, we are all here.. or inthe left hand thread :)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

You can do it on an elliptical machine. Just add more intensity to the movement, push for one minute & then rest for 20 sec.
I hate those things.

That's a sure way to put yourself in an icu unit.:D Lately i've been doing 100m sprints with 5kg dumbells & 1kg ankle weights. Push all out, rest for one minute & repeat. After ten rounds, i feel like an alien is gonna burst through my chest.:D
:lol: the guy just did cardio in 4 years and thats the first advice you give him :)
Hey, I was in monster shape, endurance wise, before those 4 years. :D Back in the day when we played football regulary.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I was doing olive oil when frying but lately switched to the frying spray which should be very light. I only use olive oil with my egg salad, green salad and other reandom meals.
Be careful of those sprays, they pack some mean trans fat.

Hey, I was in monster shape, endurance wise, before those 4 years. :D Back in the day when we played football regulary.
I wasn't dissing you.:D It's just a great way to get back into cardio. You should have variety in your cardio workouts for optimal fat loss.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

BTW, those of you who are looking to lose weight, get a fucking stomach flu. I lost 5kg in 4 days through shitting. :scared:

Too bad I really didn't wanna lose that weight. Not that way anyway as most of it was hard earned muscle. :depressed

I wasn't dissing you.:D It's just a great way to get back into cardio. You should have variety in your cardio workouts for optimal fat loss.
I thought I wrote you a reply but obviously didn't. The thing is I don't like that eliptical machine or the ones in my gym are shit. It's also very boring. Running itself is boring, let alone doing cardio and staying in place.

When I think about it, I don't actually mind cardio, I just mind pointless cardio like running. Throw in any kind of ball, football, basketball, handball, tennis, in the mix and I'd be all over that. Too bad I don't have time for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 49)