Gym and fitness (40 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
RAMI¹⁰;2969365 said:
I used to go to the gym for three years, so I know what I'm doing (about weight training :D)...
But I used to run for an hour then start working out (in the same day) (naturally after stretching)...
But the gym instructor here kept saying that I should work out first then jump on the tread mill ... so I was wondering which is the correct way...
That is correct if you have a low body fat %, what you've described to me is that you have lots of belly fat & that's the best way to achieve fat loss as not to exhaust your body & slow down your progress. Doing weight training & then cardio helps with definition more than anything else, & it's recommended for people that have significant muscle gain & tone.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Also Rami, remember getting enough sleep is imperative to losing weight as well as letting your body recuperate. As i told you, avoid those late night snacks & allow your food to digest at least 2 to 3 hours before you sleep.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
RAMI¹⁰;2969376 said:
I lost you there...
so because I have some fat, I should run then work out, or vice versa?!
Warm up your muscles first, so run on the treadmill on a moderate speed for 2 to 5 min. Then stretch for 10 to 15 & then do weight training stretch after training. The odd day, you warm up your muscles, stretch & do cardio, preferably on an elliptical machine as it targets both your upper & lower body. They tend to give a more thorough workout cardio workout compared to treadmills, bikes & rowing machines.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Second day at the gym. A little cardio and a little bit of weights. Will do the same tomorrow and start a different routine from Monday. Have to be content with 4 day workout week for now.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
That is correct if you have a low body fat %, what you've described to me is that you have lots of belly fat & that's the best way to achieve fat loss as not to exhaust your body & slow down your progress. Doing weight training & then cardio helps with definition more than anything else, & it's recommended for people that have significant muscle gain & tone.
RAMI¹⁰;2969376 said:
I lost you there...
so because I have some fat, I should run then work out, or vice versa?!
we need a composite artist here :D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
You need to relax your muscles before you stretch, so run on the treadmill for about 2 to 5min & then stretch for about 10 to 15min.Then you do weight training but make sure you get somebody that knows what they're doing to help you. You can't just start off with 5kg dumbells because you'll seriously hurt yourself, so you need to start off with light weights & change it every three weeks or so, but obvious your weight & height plays a lot into that.

I'd suggest you do weight training on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, cardio in between those days. Focus on losing that extra weight & strengthening your core.
sounds like my current regime,leaving me absolutely fucked though but building up my endurance and core strength is my priority

Attachments

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I workout at the gym at my office. I go to the office only for the first four days of the week. So I get to work out only for four days. Anyone kind enough to suggest a routine?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 36)